+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC asked me for my current physical address. I heard somewhere that this is usually followed by PPR? Is it true?

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
IRCC asked me for my current physical address and gave me 1 week to respond to it. Is this normal?

I heard on a forum somewhere else that this is usually followed by a PPR. Is that true?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
IRCC asked me for my current physical address and gave me 1 week to respond to it. Is this normal?

I heard on a forum somewhere else that this is usually followed by a PPR. Is that true?
Very hard to guess, if you are FSW-outland you probably wont receive PPR anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: hydrizxcv

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020

Are you in Canada actually? If so, you probably will receive it sooner than later.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020

What's your visa office? I knew a few people who got the request. All FSW in the US.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Well, isn't it obvious? Ontario is on lock-down again, unless you are living under a rock Canada is not very keen in letting people in.
Well, if you know how to read then you would also know that immigrant visas are valid for one year so it's likely that Canada would've already completed it's vaccinations by the time his visa would expire. I don't see why he wouldn't get a PPR sooner or later.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Well, if you know how to read then you would also know that immigrant visas are valid for one year so it's likely that Canada would've already completed it's vaccinations by the time his visa would expire. I don't see why he wouldn't get a PPR sooner or later.
Dont come at me with your fortune tellings. There is a reason why folks from March/April/July 2020 with all stages completed still waiting for PR.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
US applicants are exempt to restrictions so you should be receiving it soon. Let us know.
This is not true. US applications are not being processed differently than any FSW-O applications. It seems there are a few random/lucky exceptions, but other than that IRCC is just giving CoPR to Inland applicants.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
This is not true. US applications are not being processed differently than any FSW-O applications. It seems there are a few random/lucky exceptions, but other than that IRCC is just giving CoPR to Inland applicants.
I agree, IRCC is treating US applicants as any other FSW-O applicants (not saying US applicants need special treatment, its just easier for US applicants to move if PR is received). I am not sure if it makes sense in long run, for e.g. in Florida, Ohio vaccines are opened up for everybody, we should be getting our vaccines in a week or so. No reason to hold our applications.

Reactions: guelphite

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
As far as application treatment, I never said they are being treated differently. My answer was based on the fact that IRCC is asking the OP to confirm current address.
As far as exemption and being admitted to enter Canada with COPR received after the 18th of March 2020, they ARE being treated differently. Otherwise why is the OP and many ( I don't know if all) US-based applicants, In-lands too for that matter, asked to confirm their addresses? To finalize and issue COPR. Which is why I told OP he should be receiving it soon. Have you heard of outlands other than US outlands being asked to confirm current address?