+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC asked me for my current physical address. I heard somewhere that this is usually followed by PPR? Is it true?

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
As far as application treatment, I never said they are being treated differently. My answer was based on the fact that IRCC is asking the OP to confirm current address.
As far as exemption and being admitted to enter Canada with COPR received after the 18th of March 2020, they ARE being treated differently. Otherwise why is the OP and many ( I don't know if all) US-based applicants, In-lands too for that matter, asked to confirm their addresses? To finalize and issue COPR. Which is why I told OP he should be receiving it soon. Have you heard of outlands other than US outlands being asked to confirm current address?
IRCC has been clear that Outland folks should expect CoPR delays due to travel restrictions. IRCC has not indicated that US folks are exempt from that. Additionally, we have not (to date) seen a trend here or on Immitracker that shows that US-based Outland applicants are receiving CoPR at higher rates than applicants with other COR.

It is possible this is changing, or may change in the future. Perhaps IRCC's plan is to start sending CoPR to US-based outlanders first, then expand to other countries, so they are confirming that information now. Any number of explanations are possible but you made it seem like a fact that US-based outlanders should expect to receive CoPR even while the borders are closed, and that has not been the case through this moment.

FYI, I was US-based FSW when I applied. So obviously I hope that this changes. But given the deteriorating covid situation in Canada I don't expect CoPR for US-based outlanders until July at the earliest.

Reactions: starlordavuthu

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
IRCC has been clear that Outland folks should expect CoPR delays due to travel restrictions. IRCC has not indicated that US folks are exempt from that. Additionally, we have not (to date) seen a trend here or on Immitracker that shows that US-based Outland applicants are receiving CoPR at higher rates than applicants with other COR.

It is possible this is changing, or may change in the future. Perhaps IRCC's plan is to start sending CoPR to US-based outlanders first, then expand to other countries, so they are confirming that information now. Any number of explanations are possible but you made it seem like a fact that US-based outlanders should expect to receive CoPR even while the borders are closed, and that has not been the case through this moment.

FYI, I was US-based FSW when I applied. So obviously I hope that this changes. But given the deteriorating covid situation in Canada I don't expect CoPR for US-based outlanders until July at the earliest.
See both situations below:
https://ibb.co/GsYfZCn
https://ibb.co/C7d07q8

You can check it yourself at https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

Travel exemptions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
That wasn't my point! My point was that US-based outlanders should not expect to receive CoPR.

The first two links say something else (that if you receive CoPR as a US-based outlander, you will probably be able to move and "land").

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
That wasn't my point! My point was that US-based outlanders should not expect to receive CoPR.

The first two links say something else (that if you receive CoPR as a US-based outlander, you will probably be able to move and "land").
If you go back to my point, it was that he should probably receive it because they asked to confirm physical address. Why would they do it if not to issue COPR? Have you heard it done for other outlanders? We will see if and when the OP gets it.

Reactions: guelphite

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
If you go back to my point, it was that he should probably receive it because they asked to confirm physical address. Why would they do it if not to issue COPR? Have you heard it done for other outlanders? We will see if and when the OP gets it.
Ok. I think I was just reacting because I don't want newcomers here to get their hopes up about receiving CoPR before borders open if they live in the US.

But in this person's case, I see what you are saying. Hopefully he gets CoPR and starts a new trend!

Reactions: ayeetee