+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRB decision timeline!

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
Hello y’all!

Can someone please let me know how long it takes for the IRB decision to be made and sent? My hearing was on Jan the 13th, 2023 and the member did not decide right after the hearing but she said that she will send a letter containing her decision to my mailing address and I still have not received anything to this day.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello y’all!

Can someone please let me know how long it takes for the IRB decision to be made and sent? My hearing was on Jan the 13th, 2023 and the member did not decide right after the hearing but she said that she will send a letter containing her decision to my mailing address and I still have not received anything to this day.
Depends until when member is ready and finalized your file

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
Thank you for your reply, my 2 friends got their letters in the mail in 3 weeks after the hearing, I did some research online and it says 2-3weeks to get the letter, I am confused as to why mine is taking long, anyone know what’s fairly the standard processing time? Please and thank you.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thank you for your reply, my 2 friends got their letters in the mail in 3 weeks after the hearing, I did some research online and it says 2-3weeks to get the letter, I am confused as to why mine is taking long, anyone know what’s fairly the standard processing time? Please and thank you.
Because your case may be more complicated, simple is that. Everything done in IRB is always very complicated so you can't just expect 2-3 weeks if your friends had the same. These are non-routine applications with tonnes of factors, and some cases simply take very long time to assess.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
It depends on how complex the case is and members ability to finalize decision. Some decisions requires some researches or confimation before conclusion

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
Does anyone know if I have to wait for 15days to pass since the decision date to apply for PR? Since I read on the Immigration Refugee Board website that the minister might appeal a positive decision within 15days after decision was made.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Un
Does anyone know if I have to wait for 15days to pass since the decision date to apply for PR? Since I read on the Immigration Refugee Board website that the minister might appeal a positive decision within 15days after decision was made.
Unlikely unless if there was Minister Intervention to begin with, but yes its best to give it 15days to 22hrs, 7days mailing time period and proceed to apply. However you can apply anyway, if there is Intervention it will put your application on hold but not delete it.

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Start to prepare your application and once the 15 days passed submit it.

Reactions: Sabu61@@