+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

iOS App to Check ECAS Status in One Click

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
Hello friends,

The wait is over!

A new app called CICAppStatus is now available in the Apple app store. This is an awesome app that allows you to check the detailed status of your PR/citizenship application with the click of a button. Very simple app that gets the job done. Personal info never leaves your device, which is a huge advantage.

I volunteered to help test this app before it was released as I have an application in process and wanted to share this with everyone here as it is great if you check your ECAS status often.

Good luck to everyone with their applications.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
thanks for information. anything for Androids?

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
In a nutshell, where does this info stored? Locally or on a database server?
What is the authentication key used?

I would not use an app where the authentication is is based on simply txt file.

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
Thank you all for your replies and interest.

The app stores all personal information on YOUR iOS device. No personal information ever leaves your device. No external servers store any of your personal information. That was the whole point of this app, is to keep all your information on your device and conveniently provide your ECAS status in one click.

You will always have the ability to delete the application details from your device, should you choose to do so.

Your personal information is used ONLY to obtain information from CIC's ECAS and present you with the information that is usually shown on ECAS on the CIC website.

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
Authentication is using https (Secure Socket Layer) for encryption, which is the same level of security that is used when you login to ECAS from a web browser.

The app does nothing more or less than simulate your actions when you login to ECAS. Using the app is virtually identical to logging in to ECAS on a web browser. Only difference is the app stores the information you enter every time to ECAS on your device and saves you the navigation through several pages before getting to the relevant and important information from CIC.

Let me know if you have additional questions and I will relay them to the publishers of the app.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
What a Fail this app is, why would anyone will pay to download this dumb app when people can view the same information online for FREE :eek:

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

Indeed, what a scam at $1.99. I can't imagine how $1.99 is worth saving a few minutes of data entry and navigation every single day, for those who check their ECAS frequently. For the rest of us who value their time, this app is marvellous. I bought it as soon as it came out and it paid for itself in less than two days, considering the value of my time being more than pennies per minute saved.

There are costs associated with developing apps, testing them, obtaining an Apple license. The cost of $1.99 in my opinion is justified. The app is ad free, so that you don't spend your time looking at useless ads when your goal is to check your ECAS status. I wonder if the folks providing feedback have any sense of economics.

If there is any constructive feedback, I will relay it to the publishers of the app. Useless feedback such as "dumb" application just because it's not free, and the fact that it's too expensive at $1.99 will be ignored, simply because they are not realistic, constructive, or useful.

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
Also wanted to mention, the app provides the ability to consolidate an indefinite number of CIC applications, which could be useful for commercial purposes (i.e. consultants or lawyers wanting to keep track of hundreds (or thousands) of clients' applications). For these commercial purposes, please contact the publishers directly as I don't have details on use for commercial purposes.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Lol @ "for those who check their ECAS frequently". How many times a week CIC updates status??? let me answer just ONCE a week my friends on Tuesdays to be precise. If there are costs associated with developing apps, testing them, obtaining an Apple license that is not the consumer problem. Now a days everyone have smart phones/ androids/ apple etc etc and all the plans comes with Data included so my question is why would anyone waste $1.99 on this pathetic app???? when they can just log into CIC website check their status which is updated ONCE a week using the data plan they have which they already pay for. So this money grab fail app is a waste of time and money. Dude why are you acting as a mediator and doing all this publicity and marketing??? Good for you if you like it and if you think its worth your money which is clearly not. Its absolutely understandable if you are making a cut which i am sure you are. Regardless of whatever its a FAIL.

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
ECAS updates much more frequently than once a week. I have seen my own ECAS update on a Saturday and then on a Thursday. The claim that CIC is making on the website that it's only updated on Tuesdays is simply outdated.

If you can't afford the $1.99 or simply have too much time on your hands to waste re-entering the same information over and over, that is your right. Don't label an app as pathetic just because you can't find a good use for it.

The app was also designed for case managers who need to keep track of hundreds (or thousands) of clients' applications. The app allows keeping track of an indefinite number of applications, if purchased for commercial purposes. The user, of course, will have to have consent from those applicants they are tracking, but that's usually handled before they are retained as lawyers or representatives.

Only reason I am sharing this is because I check ECAS often and was happy to find something that will help me and many others in this forum access status information without having to redundantly enter my information, which eventually saves me time. In the case of folks who don't mind repetitively entering their information every time they check ECAS to save $1.99, this app is NOT for you.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forevercanada said:
Thank you for your feedback.

Indeed, what a scam at $1.99. I can't imagine how $1.99 is worth saving a few minutes of data entry and navigation every single day, for those who check their ECAS frequently. For the rest of us who value their time, this app is marvellous. I bought it as soon as it came out and it paid for itself in less than two days, considering the value of my time being more than pennies per minute saved.

There are costs associated with developing apps, testing them, obtaining an Apple license. The cost of $1.99 in my opinion is justified. The app is ad free, so that you don't spend your time looking at useless ads when your goal is to check your ECAS status. I wonder if the folks providing feedback have any sense of economics.

If there is any constructive feedback, I will relay it to the publishers of the app. Useless feedback such as "dumb" application just because it's not free, and the fact that it's too expensive at $1.99 will be ignored, simply because they are not realistic, constructive, or useful.
Absolutely agree with you! It costs less than a coffee I drink everyday.......wow some people are just cynical. When they don't want to buy it they call it a scam....hahaha...One click is the main point here.

Thanks for posting this. It is a nightmare for me to type in all the information on my phone everytime I log in. For me, its so worth the money...its only 1.99 hahha who cares.

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
Thank you nguyentu2001 for your feedback. Indeed, the time I save using this application is worth much more than the $1.99.

And for the astute users of the forum, ECAS is updated much more often than on Tuesdays (see quoted text below). I have seen two updates to my own ECAS over the last year or so, both of which were not on Tuesdays (not in the same week, as someone wanted to imply in an earlier post).

Another long term member of this forum (Matthew) has a website and he also made the following statement in the FAQ:

How often does e-CAS get updated, and when?

Most people get only a handful of updates on e-CAS during the course of a typical application. It can be many months between updates. Some updates show up for some people, but not for others (e.g. "medical results received"). The CIC website says "The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays". This is not entirely accurate. e-CAS can be updated on any day of the week, including weekends. The e-CAS Tracker system has seen updates to people's e-CAS files every single day of the week. There do seem to be more updates on Tuesdays than on other days, but by no means is it only updated on Tuesdays.

If you think of any enhancements that would make the app more user friendly please let me know and I will forward your suggestions to be taken into account for the next release.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I hope the lawyer with hundreds or thousands of client information saved on this app does not lose his phone :D

forevercanada said:
ECAS updates much more frequently than once a week. I have seen my own ECAS update on a Saturday and then on a Thursday. The claim that CIC is making on the website that it's only updated on Tuesdays is simply outdated.

If you can't afford the $1.99 or simply have too much time on your hands to waste re-entering the same information over and over, that is your right. Don't label an app as pathetic just because you can't find a good use for it.

The app was also designed for case managers who need to keep track of hundreds (or thousands) of clients' applications. The app allows keeping track of an indefinite number of applications, if purchased for commercial purposes. The user, of course, will have to have consent from those applicants they are tracking, but that's usually handled before they are retained as lawyers or representatives.

Only reason I am sharing this is because I check ECAS often and was happy to find something that will help me and many others in this forum access status information without having to redundantly enter my information, which eventually saves me time. In the case of folks who don't mind repetitively entering their information every time they check ECAS to save $1.99, this app is NOT for you.