+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

iOS App to Check ECAS Status in One Click

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi forevercanada,

Thank you so much for posting the link for this app. You are awesome!! :) :) :)

I wanna use this app but I have a very strange concern and it is real....

As it is right now, I am getting way tooooo addicted about checking my ECAS on CIC website every single day and every few hours even though I know nothing will show up, checking hoping for something to show up... by the way I skimmed through all the first pages by bookmarking the ECAS page :p

That being said, my above actions are effecting my work performance, personal life etc etc and i am wasting so much time thinking and checking on things which should happen on its own, my thinking and checking won't speed up anything. I could very well use that time to improve my career and learn something new along with picking up some hot chicks ;D ;D ;D ;D

So now if I use this app, the above every single day and every few hours will transform into every single day every single minute :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

it will make it just more easier to access things and literally make one more addicted and can never get out......

And to add to that, paying money to buy the app to torture yourself at that level, hmmmm I am afraid. :-[ :-[ :-[

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
dear_pnp, thank you for sharing your experience, most of which was very entertaining. I had fun reading it.

You are right, we tend to obsess over certain things when waiting for our applications to process. I certainly agree with you regarding the fact that checking status too often is a waste of time.

The purpose of the app in my opinion (based on my personal usage) is to eliminate the repetitive steps needed for you to check your status, and make it easier to do so. At the $2 cost, I think for me it works well. I do check my status a few times a week, but nothing close to every minute, that would be a bit too much.

You may not find the app useful, but some of us do. For those who want to have the status handy when you want it, on your mobile device, with 1 simple click, I think the app is very good at that and will be beneficial to so many applicants.

Good luck with whatever it is you are waiting for!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forevercanada said:
The purpose of the app in my opinion (based on my personal usage) is to eliminate the repetitive steps needed for you to check your status, and make it easier to do so. At the $2 cost, I think for me it works well. I do check my status a few times a week, but nothing close to every minute, that would be a bit too much.
Hi forevercanada,

Thanks for your feedback. I know the app is excellent, but does not address the obsession every one has of checking ecas constantly.

I think with the amount of time I am spending ON ONE SINGLE DAY checking this forum, reading other people posts, posting my posts, checking for new posts etc etc, I can very well check my ECAS status with ALL THOSE REPETITIVE STEPS EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR 4 YEARS.

Thats how much time I am spending on this forum :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Can the developers design an app which will make our citizenship process simpler and faster? Thank you

Maverick.Canajun

Jul 6, 2014
Windsor, Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Interview........
Waived 3rd Line 09-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015 Decision Made : 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2015 Passport Returned : 12-06-2015
forevercanada said:
Anyone has any feedback about the newly released version of the app. Thank you all!
It's FREE now and no one wants to respond. Shucks!

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015
It would be even better if we could get an alert if our status changed.