+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation Letter for sibling

mlallany

Jul 10, 2012
Hi all, we are in the process of writing an invitation letter to aid in a Canadian visitor visa application. My sister-in-law is applying from Pakistan through a lawyer and my wife (Canadian Citizen) is writing the letter. A few questions I had please:

1) Both my wife and I are Canadian citizens, so should both of us be addressing the letter or it only should be coming from my wife (as she has the direct relationship to her sister)?
2) I've had some people tell me that I should write a letter that is long and shows a lot of intent on why the visa should be granted, however A LOT of sample letters and even examples on this site are nice and to the point, with maybe just one paragraph or a couple of lines indicating why we are supporting the letter, what's the recommendation?

3) Lastly, if my sister in law is the one applying for the visa and we've also indicated that they'll be responsible for their own expenses, do we need to provide any bank statements/T4s/letter of employments?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all, we are in the process of writing an invitation letter to aid in a Canadian visitor visa application. My sister-in-law is applying from Pakistan through a lawyer and my wife (Canadian Citizen) is writing the letter. A few questions I had please:

1) Both my wife and I are Canadian citizens, so should both of us be addressing the letter or it only should be coming from my wife (as she has the direct relationship to her sister)?
2) I've had some people tell me that I should write a letter that is long and shows a lot of intent on why the visa should be granted, however A LOT of sample letters and even examples on this site are nice and to the point, with maybe just one paragraph or a couple of lines indicating why we are supporting the letter, what's the recommendation?

3) Lastly, if my sister in law is the one applying for the visa and we've also indicated that they'll be responsible for their own expenses, do we need to provide any bank statements/T4s/letter of employments?

Thanks!
1. Your choice.
2. No more than one page - short and to the point. Officers will not read long, rambling letters.
3. No. In your letter, you can say that she is responsible for all her own expenses but she will be staying with you (if that is the case).

mlallany

Jul 10, 2012
1. Your choice.
2. No more than one page - short and to the point. Officers will not read long, rambling letters.
3. No. In your letter, you can say that she is responsible for all her own expenses but she will be staying with you (if that is the case).
Hey thanks natugrl, for #1, should we then just start the letter by stating we (my wife and myself), relationship and then list information for each of us obviously, correct?