+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - Aug 2019 - Application transferred to Vancouver office

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hello!

I received an email today with the following information:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision."

My spouse has received an email two months ago confirming her eligibility as sponsor. I was sent an email to give further information to support our relationship and cohabitation.

I hear that this might make me wait even longer for a final decision, let alone an interview. Has anyone received a similar reply, or does anyone have any advice about anything I can do on my side? I know the answer might be to just wait, but I want to make sure. Thank you so much!

Sincerely,

Addy18

Jul 3, 2017
Hello,

Did you get any update on your application? If yes, what additional information was asked?
How much time did Vancouver IRCC take after receiving your application?

I am a Nov 2019 applicant, mine was transferred in 2020 Dec, still waiting.

Thank you!

Reactions: mf2040

Ghost911

Nov 16, 2018
Have you receive any updates??
I'm in the same boat my inland spousal application transferred to local office Vancouver march 27 2019. I haven't heard anything from them. My medicals also has expired 2 weeks ago and no word from them.

Reactions: mf2040

Badream

Feb 20, 2020
Hi,
Have you heard any updates?
My case is same as you. My app is transferred to local office Vancouver may 2021.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hi,
My case is same as you. My app is transferred to local office Vancouver may 2021.
Wow I am sorry everyone, I forgot to add notifications for this post. Didn't see how many people were waiting for a reply.

After getting my application transferred:

Dec 2021 - I received a request for a reprint of forms I submitted with my application (I think they needed new signatures since it took a while for them to review my application.
March 2021 - I got a letter for Pre-Arrival Services (not sure how relevant that is to the progress of the application)
April 2021 - Got Sponsorship approval (again) and Applicant Eligibility approval.

No other updates, for now, will keep you posted if that changes!

Badream

Feb 20, 2020
Wow I am sorry everyone, I forgot to add notifications for this post. Didn't see how many people were waiting for a reply.

Dec 2021 - I received a request for a reprint of forms I submitted with my application (I think they needed new signatures since it took a while for them to review my application.
March 2021 - I got a letter for Pre-Arrival Services (not sure how relevant that is to the progress of the application)
April 2021 - Got Sponsorship approval (again) and Applicant Eligibility approval.

No other updates, for now, will keep you posted if that changes!
Thank you for updating.Have you got an interview after file was transferred?

vishkapoor

Jul 13, 2020
Hi,
Was in the same boat. Wife got PR in March. After transfer took 3/4 months I believe for any communication. Once the call came in November, got PR in Jan.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hey, just came across this.

Any updates as to what happened?

Thanks.
Hello,

Did you get any update on your application? If yes, what additional information was asked?
How much time did Vancouver IRCC take after receiving your application?

I am a Nov 2019 applicant, mine was transferred in 2020 Dec, still waiting.

Thank you!
Have you receive any updates??
I'm in the same boat my inland spousal application transferred to local office Vancouver march 27 2019. I haven't heard anything from them. My medicals also has expired 2 weeks ago and no word from them.
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. Here are new updates.

June 18th 2021 - My application on ECAS changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"
Later that day I got an email "Confirmation of Permanent Residence Portal", indicating that I am on the last steps of PR, and they set up an account on this new portal for me. They asked me to declare that I am in Canada and asked for photos for the PR Card.

Did not get a re-medical, and did not go through an interview.

Jul 18, 2021
Sorry for the late reply. Here are new updates.

June 18th 2021 - My application on ECAS changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made"
Later that day I got an email "Confirmation of Permanent Residence Portal", indicating that I am on the last steps of PR, and they set up an account on this new portal for me. They asked me to declare that I am in Canada and asked for photos for the PR Card.

Did not get a re-medical, and did not go through an interview.
Expand signature
Inland Spousal PR + OWP
Received: August 16, 2019
AOR: September 20, 2019
OWP Approval: -
Medical Request: December 12, 2019
Medical Passed: January 1st, 2020
Background Check Start: -
SA | AIP | DM: SA April 25th 2021, AIP April 25th 2021
COPR: June 28th 2021

I am in same situation, where can I find these status info?

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Expand signature
Inland Spousal PR + OWP
Received: August 16, 2019
AOR: September 20, 2019
OWP Approval: -
Medical Request: December 12, 2019
Medical Passed: January 1st, 2020
Background Check Start: -
SA | AIP | DM: SA April 25th 2021, AIP April 25th 2021
COPR: June 28th 2021

I am in same situation, where can I find these status info?
I usually check ECAS and the CIC account, because sometimes they update at different times. Most of these have been emails they have sent me letting me know that I had an update on the application.

Jul 18, 2021
this is my ECAS status:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 8, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on July 15, 2021.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 22, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 9, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a letter on March 9, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
I am a sponsor, sponsoring my wife, and I got letter of sponsorship approved (SA) on 19th July 2021, and received another letter on 16th July 2021 about my wife 's appication is transfered to local IRCC London Ontario office. Can someone advice me what happend as next step? I am very confused don't know what I did wrong.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
this is my ECAS status:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 8, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on July 15, 2021.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 22, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 9, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a letter on March 9, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
I am a sponsor, sponsoring my wife, and I got letter of sponsorship approved (SA) on 19th July 2021, and received another letter on 16th July 2021 about my wife 's appication is transfered to local IRCC London Ontario office. Can someone advice me what happend as next step? I am very confused don't know what I did wrong.
Did they say why it was transferred to a local office? Speaking from my experience, (since the same thing happened to me), this means that another officer will be reviewing your application again and they might ask for more information in the future. I will advice you to sit tight, since it might take a while for them to respond again, it did delay my application quite a bit.
If you have more questions, you can call CIC or submit a webform and maybe they can let you know why this happened.