+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland on visitor: OWP + TRV extension or only OWP?

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Almost ready to send everything off, going to use FedEx or UPS and the application will be split in two envelopes (one 9x12 for OWP and one 11x13 for PR). I'm including a table of contents that lists everything in order including the checklists and forms and a couple notes to make sure everything is completely clear.

For OWP:

- IMM 5556 (checklist)
- IMM 5710 (application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in canada as a worker - barcode page placed on top)
- Application Fees - $255.00 - official receipt printout
- Photocopies of passport pages - 2 pages showing the main page with the photo, name, passport number etc and other page showing stamps and visitor visa
- Photocopy of marriage certificate (it says "if applicable", I have to assume it is since we're married and the OWP is to help facilitate the PR)
- "Additional Page for IMM 5710" , because there was insufficient space on the form for the employment info

For the PR:

- IMM 5533 (the checklist)
- IMM 1344 - "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking"
- Application Fees - $1,040.00 (sponsorship fee $75, principal applicant processing fee $475, right of permanent residence fee $490) - official receipt printout
- IMM 0008 - "Generic Application Form for Canada"
- Country-specific requirements: N/A for additional forms, but put a note to see original birth certificate it calls for + other in identity docs section
- IMM 5406 - "Additional Family Information"
- IMM 5669 - "Schedule A - Background / Declaration"
- IMM 5532 - "Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation"
- Supporting Documents for Sponsor - photocopy of passport, original employment letter, notice of assessment / option c
- Supporting Documents for Sponsored Person - photocopy of passport and visitor visa / stamps, birth certificate, baptismal certificate, CENOMAR
- Civil Status Documents - Photocopy of Marriage Certificate
- Police Certificates
- 2 photos meeting CIC photo specifications for PR, paper-clipped to the police certificates
- Proof of Relationship to Sponsor - joint bank accounts, joint insurance policies, other bank/credit and other documents showing our names at the same address
- Proof of Relationship to Sponsor - photos - wedding, vacation, travel, close friends and family - printed, annotated with name, date of birth, context
- Proof of Relationship to Sponsor - "evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor" - statements showing her as supplementary cardholder + pictures of the card, interac e-transfers between us, certified bank draft given to her when she first opened accounts, joint account history showing transactions and some of her bill payments
- Proof of Relationship to Sponsor - "other proof your relationship is recognized by friends/family" - heartfelt letters from my family, screenshots of social media accounts showing relationship status and posts from friends & family, social media posts about us / with pictures of us posted by friends, family and colleagues

I think that covers everything. Any critiques or advice before it goes out?
I see no one replied and you sent it off already, but for what it's worth, what you've listed looks like a solid application. Now wait for the first hurdle: AOR. It seems like it's now taking them 14-20 days from reception to email them out to sponsors. Best of luck.

Reactions: zcypher

zcypher

Apr 6, 2016
I see no one replied and you sent it off already, but for what it's worth, what you've listed looks like a solid application. Now wait for the first hurdle: AOR. It seems like it's now taking them 14-20 days from reception to email them out to sponsors. Best of luck.
Thank you. The stressful part is hoping to have everything under way before her status would run out, and having the holidays during our timeline adds to that. Our understanding is that the implied status would begin as of the AOR, and that the visitor visa extension request being in process would also entail implied status. Not 100% sure though. I've read that some people even got approved while out of status, though we'd rather just avoid the stress of wondering of course. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. The stressful part is hoping to have everything under way before her status would run out, and having the holidays during our timeline adds to that. Our understanding is that the implied status would begin as of the AOR, and that the visitor visa extension request being in process would also entail implied status. Not 100% sure though. I've read that some people even got approved while out of status, though we'd rather just avoid the stress of wondering of course. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly!
Implied Status has nothing to do with AOR. Once her current visitor status expires, she will have Implied Status.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Implied status begins when they receive the application, which happens much sooner than the AOR. Basically, now that you've sent it, you have implied status (obviously, it will begin whenever the actual current status expires). This is why it's necessary to send the OWP application or any visitor extensions by and including the last day of valid status, regardless of when the AOR arrives.

Being out of status isn't disqualifying for the PR application. People who are out of status and have their PR applications rejected, aren't rejected due to status but issues related to the genuine nature of their relationship. Status is important only for the OWP as one cannot get it if they apply while out of status.