+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
ctaylor8676 said:
I applied online for my BOWP, my application for Express Entry went in on July 28.

I don't know why mine was processed quickly. I was on an IEC visa which expired on October 17th and had been on implied status since then.
There's no implied status for IEC. So you were working illegally.

eimearmarbles

Jun 17, 2015
anarsoul said:
There's no implied status for IEC. So you were working illegally.
Where are you getting that information? I'm on implied status since my IEC visa ran out on October 16th and i've been working legally since.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
eimearmarbles said:
Where are you getting that information? I'm on implied status since my IEC visa ran out on October 16th and i've been working legally since.
See http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Implied_Status_after_an_IEC_Work_Permit_ends
You're mostly interested in http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/apply-inland-after-iec-expire-keep-working-and-now-aip-refuse-t163087.0.html

snail

Nov 16, 2015
Anarsoul fyi I did get a ghost email on the 3rd of November when my gums notes say everything was passed. It looks like it's not worth applying for new notes unless you've had a ghost email since the last set.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
anarsoul said:
See http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Implied_Status_after_an_IEC_Work_Permit_ends
You're mostly interested in http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/apply-inland-after-iec-expire-keep-working-and-now-aip-refuse-t163087.0.html
You are wrong. He/she applied for PR initially and was eligible for BOWP hence indeed was on implied status.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Phil89 said:
You are wrong. He/she applied for PR initially and was eligible for BOWP hence indeed was on implied status.
Well, eligibility for BOWP doesn't imply eligibility for implied status. "Implied status" is technically a WP extension while WP issued under IEC is not extendable.
Read links I posted above.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
i tried calling them but the agent simply said wait till 6 months till then we cant tell you any thing ??? :( :'(

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
dukhi said:
i tried calling them but the agent simply said wait till 6 months till then we cant tell you any thing ??? :( :'(
Yeah, looks like depends on agent. Official policy is "we won't tell you anything till 6 months pass"

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
anarsoul said:
Yeah, looks like depends on agent. Official policy is "we won't tell you anything till 6 months pass"
yes he didnt even bothered asking my application number...even though i told him i am very close only 8 days away

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dukhi said:
Yes some agent are really crap, I think you should ring again and hopefully get a good one. Below my experience with one a few weeks ago:

Post PPR, after CIC sent my passport back to me, Canada post failed to deliver my passport and returned package back to sender, they didnt give me any reason. I was able to track package online, it said "package successfully returned to CPC Ottawa and signed by Mr Bogeat". I called CIC to explain what had happened to the agent and asked what I should do next, she asked for my UCI and said " You applied in September, your application isnt six months yet so call back when it is six months". I was really angry, I told her she just proved she didnt hear everything I had said because she was fixated on giving me a generic answer. She said "what?" I said " Yes because, my application was made in June and I am not calling you for an application update, just rightfully worried about an error that occurred that resulted in me not receiving my passport after the PR has been stamped on it". She then said actually, it was your work permit extension that was in September, so I told her to listen to people who call next time as that is what she was employed to do, and I hung up.

I rang back immediately and got a very nice older lady that apologized and said it was CICs fault (they had removed my flat number from the return address) and promised me that they will look into it and get back to me, I got an email from CIC the next day and received my passport the next working day.

lbo1985

May 22, 2015
AOR july 21st
Ecas 5 lines (or was before webpage stopped working)

Just wondering what I should do.my 6 months will be up in January-
I have my sisters wedding in April. Can I leave the country for any reason on implied status and return??
Is there any type of permit ( previously ministers permit ) which I can obtain so I can leave and come back?
I know this might be premature but I have lost some faith in this EE process within the last month or so. To totally forgot about one group in particular is bad.
Any help from senior members would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they are doing constant draws i dont what the hell they are doing creating huge backlogs. nothing changed with this new govt same old story and it is getting worst now.

22nd draw done. and still people from 10th draws are not getting DM.....

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lbo1985 said:
AOR july 21st
Ecas 5 lines (or was before webpage stopped working)

Just wondering what I should do.my 6 months will be up in January-
I have my sisters wedding in April. Can I leave the country for any reason on implied status and return??
Is there any type of permit ( previously ministers permit ) which I can obtain so I can leave and come back?
I know this might be premature but I have lost some faith in this EE process within the last month or so. To totally forgot about one group in particular is bad.
Any help from senior members would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
wait buddy april is still far. even if we get ppr in jan end. your pr card should arrive before april....

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
ntwkengg said:
they are doing constant draws i dont what the hell they are doing creating huge backlogs. nothing changed with this new govt same old story and it is getting worst now.

You are right, this is so ridiculous. Wonder what CIC is up to nowadays. Why don't they disclose what the problems are that are preventing them to process applications at a normal pace, assuming they plan to honor the six months commitment.

sukhdeep1234

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:

e
Exactly what i was thinking why they are having more draw to create backlog ..........I know people are waiting to lower ITA score, good for them and i am not against but finish our part as well hanging for a while now.