+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hey Everyone,
We're still waiting for an update for my wife's PR case (the last one was medical passed on 22-Nov-2018) but her PGWP will expire this July 2019. (We didn't send an OWP request alongside the PR application package).

So I'm looking for any tips/ information on sending the work permit application AFTER the PR application was sent. I know it's allowed but don't have information on the right amount of fees to be paid? when is the right time to send this application and any extra supporting documents to be enclosed?

Any tips/ links will be appreciated.

Koshizu26

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hey Everyone,
We're still waiting for an update for my wife's PR case (the last one was medical passed on 22-Nov-2018) but her PGWP will expire this July 2019. (We didn't send an OWP request alongside the PR application package).

So I'm looking for any tips/ information on sending the work permit application AFTER the PR application was sent. I know it's allowed but don't have information on the right amount of fees to be paid? when is the right time to send this application and any extra supporting documents to be enclosed?

Any tips/ links will be appreciated.
She can apply OWP to renew her current workpermit. But I am not sure when she should apply. She can continue working after the visa expires(after apply OWP) because her status become implied status which she remains original status while waiting the decision.
You'd better to call IRCC for fee and the right time, I paid $250 for OWP but my situation wasn't same as hers, so no idea.

started

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hi guys! Today the current status of my application showed as updated but I didn't see anything new.
hi, i read in the forum were some people get ghost update and days after their application is updated.
keep ur finger crossed something might be coming

rpsingh1993

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hello Guys,

I send my application on June 2 2018 for PR and OWP but was returned on July 29 2018 asking for new Schedule A. Eventhough, I have sent the same earlier.

I resent the application on August 2 2018.
Application delivered August 3 2018.
AOR1 received August 29 2018.
Medical requested October 31 2018.
Medical received ( and maybe passed also) November 7 2018.

Did not attach PCC as I was all the time in Canada and they don’t require upfront.

Kindly let me know what would be next steps as I haven’t heard any update since then

jujubala

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

Today I checked my ECAS and it showed:
Sponsorship Application Status
Application Received
Permanent Residence Application Status
In Process

I remember that it used to be:
In Process

I hope that it's a good thing

rpsingh1993

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

Application Received
In Process

In Process

I hope that it's a good thing
Hello I got the same update today.. I have gone through their website and that means that they started verifying sponsor’s eligibility. Have you got your PCC request already.

Reactions: ForeverYou

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Hello I got the same update today.. I have gone through their website and that means that they started verifying sponsor’s eligibility. Have you got your PCC request already.
Same for me.
September 11th applicant:

Have you guys started BGC yet...or you went straight to eligibility?

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hello. Just so I understand clearly...you all are saying your BGC has begun? Mine is sitll showing as "non-applicable". It could be that I am hung up in medicals because they needed more info from my non-accompanying children. I've heard that BGCs can take a few months. Is this correct?
Sorry for so many questions. I do appreciate everyone's time. :) GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Reactions: Deh_avilla

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hello. Just so I understand clearly...you all are saying your BGC has begun? Mine is sitll showing as "non-applicable". It could be that I am hung up in medicals because they needed more info from my non-accompanying children. I've heard that BGCs can take a few months. Is this correct?
Sorry for so many questions. I do appreciate everyone's time. :) GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Hi @cindyestteacher !

Mine still shows the same. I don't have any other update but the work permit after the meds passed. Bgc can take a few months and apparently its normal.

Have a good day.
André

ayyzwd

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Hi Guys,

Application Received
In Process