+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

PSTSC

Jul 9, 2015
pinkgeek said:
Curious: if it can take a month to three months or so to receive the actual PR card, can you travel safely without the card? Is there paperwork you are given that can verify PR status in the interim? I'm only wondering because my in-laws and extended family are SO eager to have our family come back home to visit as soon as we are allowed to travel. Just wondering if we should anticipate a wait time after landing if we need the actual PR card.

you must have a PR card or travel document to come back. They will ask for either one of these when you board your flight to Canada anyway:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

"I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?
Canada’s entry requirements are changing

Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside Canada, and to apply for a new PR card when your current card expires.
Returning by private vehicle

There are other documents you can use to enter the country.

When you return to Canada, apply for a PR card if you plan to travel outside Canada again.

Some examples of private vehicles include, but are not limited to: a car, truck, motorcycle, or recreational vehicle that you own, borrow, or rent. It is a vehicle not available for public use.

Returning by commercial vehicle: airplane, bus, train, or boat

You must apply for a permanent resident travel document. Otherwise you may not be able to travel to Canada.

You can apply for a PR card when you return to Canada. "

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Congrats Olasam! Awesome news!

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
dermire2012 said:
how do i get that notes? can i get that thru email ? thanks.
If you choose by email us you'll get them by email
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
carolbb23 said:
best thing not to argue with them and someone told me that on gcsm notes they write in when you call in
So if they're conducting a background check.. Does that mean they're done checking Eligibility ?do you think they'll skip SA/AIP and send a DM?

Thank you

CanAus2015

Jan 26, 2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Hi, I got my medical request now.....
So is this common to have redo the medical? My husband just got an email saying that he needs to re-do his medical as the one he sent with the application is more than a year old. When he called to inquire about it, he was told he would also need to re-pay the processing fee as his application is more than a year old. His application is more than a year old because they took more than a year to process, so why should we need to pay again for their delay? Has anyone heard of this before? It just doesn't seem right to me.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
CanAus2015 said:
So is this common to have redo the medical? My husband just got an email saying that he needs to re-do his medical as the one he sent with the application is more than a year old. When he called to inquire about it, he was told he would also need to re-pay the processing fee as his application is more than a year old. His application is more than a year old because they took more than a year to process, so why should we need to pay again for their delay? Has anyone heard of this before? It just doesn't seem right to me.
It happens sometimes.... But I was expecting this as the previous one was expired....

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
juve said:
So if they're conducting a background check.. Does that mean they're done checking Eligibility ?do you think they'll skip SA/AIP and send a DM?

Thank you
No background is stated early on in the processas they take time to confirm. Eligibility is started later when they start working on your file

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
simpsol22 said:
No background is stated early on in the processas they take time to confirm. Eligibility is started later when they start working on your file
so you're saying they haven't worked on my file .. its already more than 16 months

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juve said:
so you're saying they haven't worked on my file .. its already more than 16 months
Have you considered that maybe they lost your file?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
juve said:
No not saying that....but for those who have it switch from background check no needed to now in process....that's generally a first step. Often it stays in process until you get dm. Can you log in to mycic? What does it show for review of eligibilty? If you just got a medical request in November...that's probably why you didnt get DM yet.

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
simpsol22 said:
No not saying that....but for those who have it switch from background check no needed to now in process....that's generally a first step. Often it stays in process until you get dm. Can you log in to mycic? What does it show for review of eligibilty? If you just got a medical request in November...that's probably why you didnt get DM yet.
i got medical request in Nov and I did it the next day and it showed "pass'' 2 weeks after ..

this is what it shows :

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Not Started
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
juve said:
i got medical request in Nov and I did it the next day and it showed "pass'' 2 weeks after ..

this is what it shows :

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Not Started
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started
I suggest trying to upload some newer proof of your relationship by CSE....this can help get the agent to open your file again. And at the same time ask if there is anything they are waiting for. I'd also order your notes if you haven't. Just to make sure the isn't anything missing.