OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
hello fellow Inlanders,

we received our AOR last friday which was sent on my husbands name, in his ecase under his file number it shows now `in process`, is that normal ? however same time I also received 2 emails from cic sent to my email-adress (I`m the applicant), the letters look like this:

Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship that you submitted to this office.

Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately to CIC. Please note CPC-Mississauga does not process address changes/updates. Once an application is in process at our office, changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp. Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your application.

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. Also, please be advised that the contents of this e-mail, including its attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along with any copies thereof. Thank you.

and the second letter says this:

Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Family Class Sponsorship application that you submitted to this office.

We are writing to you today as our records indicate that you received correspondence issued to you on November 5, 2015 which has an error. The Case Processing Centre – Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) uses an automated mailing system, which mistakenly issued you this correspondence. Please accept our apologies for this error. The processing of your application has not been affected by this error. The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

In both emails I have this letter as attachment:

Dear Sxxxxxxxx

This is an automated system-generated letter. Your application has been assigned the unique file number indicated at the top of this letter. All your correspondence with this office should refer to that unique file number.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required for the:

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT: xxxxxxxx

Specifically, you have submitted an incomplete Schedule A Background / Declaration (IMM5669) form(s) and/or incomplete Additional Family Information (IMM5406) form(s).

For the Schedule A Background / Declaration (IMM5669) form you must provide details for every month and year since the age of 18 or the past 10 years from the date on which your was application received (28/07/2015), whichever is most recent. There can be no gaps in this period of time.

For the Additional Family Information (IMM5406) form you must complete the required fields for all applicable family members.

You may obtain these forms at:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf. www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf

The requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within 30 days from the date of this letter.

Failure to provide the required documents with all required information may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

Please send the documents/information to:

Attention: Application Advancement – INLAND SCLP

Email: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca

why does it say the correspondence issued has an error ? And both letters are dated by November 6th 2015, so I obviously missed something in my personal history and also in the family informations *sigh*, even though I know I wrote every single family member of mine. Since its written in the letter that I have 30 days to submit, does that now mean, that I have time until December 6th 2015 to submit those forms again ? And the most important question now is: this probably means, that I will also have to wait longer for my OWP, since the PR application is connected to the OWP, is that correct ?

thank you very much in advance for your help !

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
We sent the apps exactly the same date and i'm from South Korea too! :)

Application sent : September 22 2015
Application received: Sepetmber 23 2015
Medicals: Sent with application
Criminal Check: Sent with application
OWP application: Sent with PR application
Current Residence:Vancouver
Country of Origin: South Korea

map76 said:
Hey Lauralee,

Just ask to be added to the spreadsheet and provide the necessary info. You can use what I posted as a template.

Good luck~^^

Please add me to the spreadsheet~

Application sent : September 22 2015
Application received: Sepetmber 23 2015
Medicals: Sent with application
Criminal Check: Sent with application
OWP application: Sent with PR application
Current Residence: Toronto
Country of Origin: South Korea

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Paulmori said:
Thanks schonkatze,

So I still currently have 8 months left on my current visa so I should be ok from the current status point of view. Also, I reside with my partner so all good there too.

I am confused about the last part of your comment however. I am unaware what AIP is? also, my family class visa was sent to CPC-M, in Mississauga, ON. Now for the OWP, it has to be sent to a different address?

Would this not slow down the process of attaching it to current application, as well as increase the risk of error?

Do you think I should apply for my OWP ASAP, or should I hold tough for my AOR to be received first?

Thanks again.
AIP = Approval in Principle = First stage approval
It would be better to apply with the AOR, but you can apply without it as well. Just keep in mind that the pilot project was introduced on December 22, 2014 for one year and it is not confirmed yet if CIC will continue this policy. So I would definitely send the application to be received before Dec 22, 2015, with or without the AOR.
You have to send it to the different address:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.pc9y7jm7ysay
(you can read the whole doc if you have a chance)

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Erdbeerchen said:
hello fellow Inlanders,

we received our AOR last friday which was sent on my husbands name, in his ecase under his file number it shows now `in process`, is that normal ? however same time I also received 2 emails from cic sent to my email-adress (I`m the applicant), the letters look like this:

Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship that you submitted to this office.

Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately to CIC. Please note CPC-Mississauga does not process address changes/updates. Once an application is in process at our office, changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp. Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your application.

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. Also, please be advised that the contents of this e-mail, including its attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along with any copies thereof. Thank you.

and the second letter says this:

Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Family Class Sponsorship application that you submitted to this office.

We are writing to you today as our records indicate that you received correspondence issued to you on November 5, 2015 which has an error. The Case Processing Centre – Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) uses an automated mailing system, which mistakenly issued you this correspondence. Please accept our apologies for this error. The processing of your application has not been affected by this error. The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

In both emails I have this letter as attachment:

Dear Sxxxxxxxx

This is an automated system-generated letter. Your application has been assigned the unique file number indicated at the top of this letter. All your correspondence with this office should refer to that unique file number.

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required for the:

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT: xxxxxxxx

Specifically, you have submitted an incomplete Schedule A Background / Declaration (IMM5669) form(s) and/or incomplete Additional Family Information (IMM5406) form(s).

For the Schedule A Background / Declaration (IMM5669) form you must provide details for every month and year since the age of 18 or the past 10 years from the date on which your was application received (28/07/2015), whichever is most recent. There can be no gaps in this period of time.

For the Additional Family Information (IMM5406) form you must complete the required fields for all applicable family members.

You may obtain these forms at:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf. www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf

The requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within 30 days from the date of this letter.

Failure to provide the required documents with all required information may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

Please send the documents/information to:

Attention: Application Advancement – INLAND SCLP

Email: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca

why does it say the correspondence issued has an error ? And both letters are dated by November 6th 2015, so I obviously missed something in my personal history and also in the family informations *sigh*, even though I know I wrote every single family member of mine. Since its written in the letter that I have 30 days to submit, does that now mean, that I have time until December 6th 2015 to submit those forms again ? And the most important question now is: this probably means, that I will also have to wait longer for my OWP, since the PR application is connected to the OWP, is that correct ?

thank you very much in advance for your help !

I was in a similar situation ..they sent me a mail on Nov 5 requesting aditionals documents but on Nov 6 they sent me another one claiming that was an error..I applied for PR and OWP on July 20.I didnt receive anything,i mean no form of communication from them till today that i found my OWP in the mail...Just ignore it they will send you another mail in response..

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
I got my OWP today in the mail..Thank heavens..Am July 20 applicant..Applied with everything upfront under family class...But am confused because its expeiring in 2 yrs time..I thought under spousal sponsorship the OWP doesnt need to expire..

In addition to that..there are several conditionals attached like i cant work with children(but i did medicals upfront) though i dont intent to work under health,cant take agricultural jobs,sex trade,..

i have the one issued while i was still a student...do i have to take that one back....What next?? what more will service canada want??

Thanks all

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
After how long does PR card come?? After 2 or 3 yrs.....

beturfewchair

Nov 7, 2015
Hello All,

1) Do you have to submit the landing fee right away?

#2) I am a Canadian citizen lived in th Us 15 years didnt file taxes. I dont have T4 slips. What should I do?

Thanks so much!

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
Hello Sophie,

Just wanted to let you know that I kind of received AOR today. I say kind of because CIC hasn't sent anything but I can login on ECAS using my UCI number and the status is "application received".

Thanks

oofie

Nov 14, 2015
Hey all,

very frustrated as I sent a sponsorship application and it got sent back because my husband (American) forgot to sign one of the forms!!!!
I'm 7 months pregnant and want to get this done ASAP! I just had a couple of questions, regarding sending the application again:

1) Would he have to get another police clearance? I think I read somewhere on the forum that it lasts for 3 months, however he has NOT left Canada. And does he have to get a police clearance from here? (As he resides here)

2) I have taken sick leave from work until the birth of my child...and then would go on mat leave....when i first sent the app I was still working...I know I have to include that I have stopped....but do you think it will affect my application as it wouldn't seem enough to support the household?? My family helps me out financially as well which I have included in the additional income.

I'm so worried the application is going to be sent back again but I won't have time to worry about it then as I will have my baby in early February.

Thanks in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oofie said:
Hey all,

very frustrated as I sent a sponsorship application and it got sent back because my husband (American) forgot to sign one of the forms!!!!
I'm 7 months pregnant and want to get this done ASAP! I just had a couple of questions, regarding sending the application again:

1) Would he have to get another police clearance? I think I read somewhere on the forum that it lasts for 3 months, however he has NOT left Canada. And does he have to get a police clearance from here? (As he resides here)

2) I have taken sick leave from work until the birth of my child...and then would go on mat leave....when i first sent the app I was still working...I know I have to include that I have stopped....but do you think it will affect my application as it wouldn't seem enough to support the household?? My family helps me out financially as well which I have included in the additional income.

I'm so worried the application is going to be sent back again but I won't have time to worry about it then as I will have my baby in early February.

Thanks in advance
1. His original FBI IHSR (PCC) should still be valid, because CIC changed the rules regarding police checks earlier this year. For countries where the applicant once lived, they must now be issued AFTER the last time the person was in that particular country, and don't seem to have an expiry date at all now.

2. Not really, but you can certainly add a letter explaining that your family will provide financial assistance.

Does your husband still have legal status, so that he will still qualify for the OWP after you re-submit the Inland application? If so, will he still have legal status on the day that CIC receives the application...again?

If he does, did you pay the proper amount for the OWP ($255, which includes the new `handling fee/money grab' of $100).

oofie

Nov 14, 2015
Ponga said:
1. His original FBI IHSR (PCC) should still be valid, because CIC changed the rules regarding police checks earlier this year. For countries where the applicant once lived, they must now be issued AFTER the last time the person was in that particular country, and don't seem to have an expiry date at all now.

2. Not really, but you can certainly add a letter explaining that your family will provide financial assistance.

Does your husband still have legal status, so that he will still qualify for the OWP after you re-submit the Inland application? If so, will he still have legal status on the day that CIC receives the application...again?

If he does, did you pay the proper amount for the OWP ($255, which includes the new `handling fee/money grab' of $100).
We applied to extend his visitor visa when we first submitted the sponsorship. We just received it and it is valid until January 2016.
We didn't initially send the OWP, but are doing so this time around. Filled the form out, will pay the fee in a couple of days, I just wanted to get my 2014 Option C since I only submitted 2012 and 2013 in the last application.

He didn't get an FBI clearance, but police clearance from the state that he is from. He requested it while here. Is the FBI what is required? How would I go about requesting that? (not sure if my husband knows, but I rather know myself, as he is a very bad procrastinator!!).

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oofie said:
We applied to extend his visitor visa when we first submitted the sponsorship. We just received it and it is valid until January 2016.
We didn't initially send the OWP, but are doing so this time around. Filled the form out, will pay the fee in a couple of days, I just wanted to get my 2014 Option C since I only submitted 2012 and 2013 in the last application.

He didn't get an FBI clearance, but police clearance from the state that he is from. He requested it while here. Is the FBI what is required? How would I go about requesting that? (not sure if my husband knows, but I rather know myself, as he is a very bad procrastinator!!).
He needs the FBI IHSR, not the state level clearance. Here's a link on how to obtain that:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/submitting-an-identity-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

Even though the FBI website indicates that the use of an approved third party Channeller can be used (which is substantially faster than waiting for the FBI to process the request) CIC will not accept them, as they want the FBI issued letter!

The current processing time is ~ 11-13 weeks. Just include proof that the request has been made (proof it was mailed) and include it, along with a note, informing CIC that it will be sent when you receive it. They are very much aware of the FBI delays and the truth is...it's not actually needed by CIC until he has reached the AIP stage, which will be ~ 17 months anyway.

kristen1234

Nov 9, 2015
Great first post thanks so much for all that info!! Some of the links don't work though and I'd really like to read them.

Can you please clarify something for me, with the working holiday visas they do not get implied status for an inland application even if we apply for the OWP right? My partners swedish working holiday visa expires in jan 2016, do we need to do something to change his status to visitor? We are applying for inland common-law. With the pilot program how fast do the OWP get issued? assuming we fill everything out perfectly etc. If there is any way he can keep working please let me know!

Also how strict are they about receiving a new application 30 days before the visa expires?? We are frantically trying to get everything together to express post it to get there by Dec 2 since his visa expires Jan 2, is that an issue?

kylie255

Nov 11, 2015
Help Please!!!

Me and my bf submitted an application for common-law sponsorship together with an OWP application last week. (Delivered 11/13/15)
My work permit and TRV expires on January 2016.
The thing is we have a trip to Mexico on April next year.
& final payment for the trip is on Dec. 15, which is non-refundable.
Can I apply for a TRV extension so I can be assured that I can re-enter Canada on April? Or any suggestions please please!!!

Thanks in advance!!