Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
This question is for anyone. We submitted our application and confirmed that it was received on July 13th. My husband thinks he deleted the Aor email. Should we call Cic about the email or is it not important. Also, still haven't received my open work permit as yet.

Obi-Wan

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Hi Sophieee,

Could you please add me to the timeline?
I applied for the inland PR application on Aug 10 and looking at the excel timeline, I am hoping to get an AOR any day now!!

Date Application sent: Aug 10, 2015
Date Application received: Aug 11, 2015
Date AOR email received: N/A
Country of Origin: India
Canadian City of Residence: Montreal
OWP sent (w/ application?) YES
Medical done (w/ application?) NO
Police check done (w/ application?) YES

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Obi-Wan said:
Hi Sophieee,

Could you please add me to the timeline?
I applied for the inland PR application on Aug 10 and looking at the excel timeline, I am hoping to get an AOR any day now!!

Date Application sent: Aug 10, 2015
Date Application received: Aug 11, 2015
Country of Origin: India
Canadian City of Residence: Montreal
It's done, thanks for sharing and welcome here.

HirenP

Oct 26, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have inland application in process and applied for OWP at the same time at CPC Mississauga. But my OWP application was returned saying that i paid insufficient fees and was advised to pay the right amount and resubmit the application. I paid only $155 and realized that i have to pay additional $100 which i did and resubmit the application to CPC Mississauga. I called CIC for update on OWP as my wife's visitor time (6 month) was expiring, and they told me that I should have resubmitted my OWP application to Vegreville, Alberta!!!!! The letter that I received from CPC Mississauga did not mention anything that I should resubmit to Alberta, so is this correct? Did anyone else experienced the same thing?

FrootLupes

Oct 26, 2015
Hey guys. Im a sponsor and I've sponsored my partner as Common law as of May 2014. Our application steps 1 and 2 have just been both completed and our interview is scheduled to take place soon!

While this is great, there's a serious issue. My partner and I have to leave the country in the next few weeks for at least a month. While I'm reasonably sure we'll be able to return (she'll have a student visa), I'm intensely worried we will miss our interview. Missing my brother's wedding would be awful but so would waiting for this PR for almost 2 years for nothing.

Question:

Has anyone ever missed/heard of someone missing their Finalization (CoPR) interview?
Will they reschedule in these situations?
Will sending them in a letter get us in trouble for leaving the country?

Sorry for all the questions but we are really scared and stuck between a rock and a crap place. :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FrootLupes said:
Hey guys. Im a sponsor and I've sponsored my partner as Common law as of May 2014. Our application steps 1 and 2 have just been both completed and our interview is scheduled to take place soon!

While this is great, there's a serious issue. My partner and I have to leave the country in the next few weeks for at least a month. While I'm reasonably sure we'll be able to return (she'll have a student visa), I'm intensely worried we will miss our interview. Missing my brother's wedding would be awful but so would waiting for this PR for almost 2 years for nothing.

Question:

Has anyone ever missed/heard of someone missing their Finalization (CoPR) interview?

Sorry for all the questions but we are really scared and stuck between a rock and a crap place. :(
Missing the landing interview would be catastrophic.

Waiting for the landing letter and then requesting an alternate date may be possible, but giving the reason why you need a deferred date being your brother's wedding abroad, may not be good enough in their eyes. After all, they expect the applicant to remain in Canada for the duration of the process.

I suppose all you can do is wait for the landing letter to arrive (by snail mail) and then contact the local office and hope for the best. Make sure you have someone reliable here that can check your mailbox daily and alert you if/when it arrives.

Oh and to mention what you already seem to know...if she's denied re-entry, which is always a possibility, the Inland application is toast. I'd like to think that a positive DM on her application, before she attempts re-entry would be good enough, but...? ? ?

Good luck!

ZAG

Oct 26, 2015
Hi everyone!

I applied for in-land spousal application in February 2015 . I received the AoR email in on Aprill 22 and again on May 9, 2015. My status on ECAS currently says application received. However it has been more than 5 months since the AoR email and I haven't heard from CIC. I don't see any updates on ECAS either.

1) Shouldn't it say 'application under review/in process' now? Any idea how long it's taking nowadays?

2) Should i get my medical exam done now or wait for them to ask for it? I don't want any delays.

3) I stayed in the US last year from July 4th till Dec 29, 2014 so it was technically a week less than 6 months. I din't send a US police certificate hence with my PR application and now am wondering if I should get one. Should I ? or should I wait for CIC to ask for it although in that case it would delay processing by 4 months (since US police certificates apparently take 4 months nowadays). I have ordered GCMS notes thinking it might give me a hint..?

4) Once I get the police certificate, should I wait for CIC to ask for it or should I just send it (if yes, at what address?)

5) How can i access the spreadsheet with the timelines on this forum? Kindly add me as well.

Country of origin: Pakistan
Province of residence: Ontario
App sent: Feb 2015
App received a/c to CIC: Feb 16, 2015
AoR email: April 22 and again on May 9, 2015
Email to my sponsor regarding receipt of application: April 30, 2015
OWP app sent with PR app: yes
OWP issued: May 12, 2015
Medical done: Not yet
PCC from home country: sent

Any info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

ZAG

Oct 26, 2015
ZAG said:
Hi everyone!

I applied for in-land spousal application in February 2015 . I received the AoR email in on Aprill 22 and again on May 9, 2015. My status on ECAS currently says application received. However it has been more than 5 months since the AoR email and I haven't heard from CIC. I don't see any updates on ECAS either.

1) Shouldn't it say 'application under review/in process' now? Any idea how long it's taking nowadays?

2) Should i get my medical exam done now or wait for them to ask for it? I don't want any delays.

3) I stayed in the US last year from July 4th till Dec 29, 2014 so it was technically a week less than 6 months. I din't send a US police certificate hence with my PR application and now am wondering if I should get one. Should I ? or should I wait for CIC to ask for it although in that case it would delay processing by 4 months (since US police certificates apparently take 4 months nowadays). I have ordered GCMS notes thinking it might give me a hint..?

4) Once I get the police certificate, should I wait for CIC to ask for it or should I just send it (if yes, at what address?)

5) How can i access the spreadsheet with the timelines on this forum? Kindly add me as well.

Thanks a lot!
Actually on my sponsor's ECAS, it says 'sponsorship application in process'.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZAG said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot!
1. You probably won't see or hear anything until sometime late 2016, when they actually start working on the sponsor approval (based on the current processing times).

2. Since you did not include the medical with your application, you should wait for CIC to request it (which will likely also be late 2016).

3. Although it's probably not a requirement, you certainly can have your fingerprints taken and sent to the FBI, just in case CIC asks for this at a later stage. They really shouldn't, but with CIC it's really hard to tell.

It is much too early to have ordered GCMS notes, because nothing has happened with your application yet.

4. Wait for CIC to request it.

5. http://goo.gl/MQNhgm
Contact sophieee to be added to the spreadsheet (or post your request to be added in this thread).

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
FrootLupes said:

Question:

I would contact the landing office ASAP (you can ask someone who has landed there for the exact address if you don't know) and let them know when will you be out of the country. There were few cases when the applicant missed the landing interview (mostly because didn't receive the letter) and was able to reschedule. I also know about a couple cases where the couple were able to reschedule due to very similar situations.
By the way, I received the letter via email, not snail mail, and it says the following:

Failure to appear for this interview will be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused. Therefore, if you cannot attend this interview, please write or fax or email this office immediately and explain why.
As Ponga said, if she will be denied, that would be the end of the story. Make sure you have every letter received from CIC (especially the DM) when you are returning.
Good luck and please let us know how it went.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ZAG said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot!
I added you, thanks for sharing!

To add to Ponga's thoughts, I don't see any harm in doing the medicals before you are asked to and sending it to CIC, I know that many members did that with no problem. This is the address to send:
INLAND SCLP
CPC Mississauga
PO BOX 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON L5A 3A4

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
Hi,

My partner and I applied for the inland Sponsorship and looking at the spreadsheet hopefully we'll heard back from them soon... hopefully will be the OWP!!

Date Application sent: Aug 5, 2015
Date Application received: Aug 6, 2015
Country of Origin: Chile
Canadian City of Residence: Ottawa

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
matt_bilbo said:
OK so quick question to any of the seniors. I have spoken to my lawyer and he has tried to call CIC but no luck (standard CIC). Whilst I am still 50/50 whether my extra payment went through as it was a case specific enquiry and also included an address change I want to plan for the worst. I'm aware that the Dec 22nd cut off date is looming ever closer and I definitely don't want to wait until I've got AIP to be able to apply for a work permit again. If I were to submit a full new work permit now are there any repercussions down the line should the one that is currently in process be granted? I'm trying to remain optimistic but feel sick to my stomach that this has all happened because my lawyer dropped the ball. I can't believe how stressful this situation is. I sincerely hope things change for future applicants. And I really hope I get my original OWP!! Should hear either way next week or so
Could someone kindly answer my question regarding submitting a new work visa?

Also, am I right in thinking that once my app is opened in Mississauga and allocated a UCI number then the OWP portion is sent to Vegreville?
If so, combining myself my lawyer and my local MP who has kindly offered to assist my case, is it feasible that linking the official receipt number on my extra payment to my UCI or name on file etc. IF it can be done before the OWP is processed then it could go through without a hitch? There is surely a week or 2 in processing the OWP so if I can get everything aligned before processing then maybe there is a chance? I just want to work! The payment missed originally was the $100 holder fee

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matt_bilbo said:
Could someone kindly answer my question regarding submitting a new work visa?

Also, am I right in thinking that once my app is opened in Mississauga and allocated a UCI number then the OWP portion is sent to Vegreville?
If so, combining myself my lawyer and my local MP who has kindly offered to assist my case, is it feasible that linking the official receipt number on my extra payment to my UCI or name on file etc. IF it can be done before the OWP is processed then it could go through without a hitch? There is surely a week or 2 in processing the OWP so if I can get everything aligned before processing then maybe there is a chance? I just want to work! The payment missed originally was the $100 holder fee
The vast majority of those that paid the incorrect fee (even those that submitted a second payment online), had their OWP returned and had to re-submit with the proper receipt(s). They also went back to the `end of the line', regarding processing times.

I don't know what, if anything, your lawyer or MP could do to expedite the process, since it was your mistake, unfortunately.