Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ralp27 said:
Hi Sophie,

Thanks for your advice but we've already asked help from our MP office but not much help too, and we also sent a Case Specific enquiry but no reply yet. We are getting frustrated and hopeless. Do you think it would be best to send another OWP application? And do we need to restore my husband's status before we can do that?

Anyone with the same case as ours? Application since Feb 10, 2015 but no OWP till now. :'(
Unfortunately some MPs are not helpful at all... I'm sorry that you have one of those.
You can try and send a new OWP application and an application for restoration of status with an explanation letter. For the OWP you can use the original receipt and explain (and somehow prove...) that you already sent it to Mississauga with your PR app, but they are not able to locate it. It would be good if you could call the call centre again and get some written confirmation. Than you can ask them to consider your implied status and process only the OWP application and give you a refund on the fee of the restoration. But indicate that if they are not able to do that, than accept your application to restore your status and proceed with the OWP after that. I know, it's a pain in the neck, and it's all their fault. Alternatively you can call the call centre a few times, because some of the agents are really knowledgeable and helpful, unfortunately they are a very small minority, but you might find one agent who is able to help you.

NZjosh

Sep 29, 2013
JoyG said:
Hi Sophie,
Just wanted to update you guys that my OWP application was indeed sent back because of insufficient fee. Luckily it didnt take them too long to process it and I received my package back on July 20th, month and a half after I submitted. This saved me from going out of status and I sent my application back same day with a full fee. I noticed it has happened to a lot of people and most of them got their applications sent back whereas few lucky ones were informed and asked to pay the missing fee.
I was wondering if anyone here with same experience can enlighten me if my application would take the same processing time or would it be processed faster this time?
Thank you.
I'm in the same situation, OWP returned after 3 months because it was missing the $100. Sent straight back with fee added. That was a month ago and haven't heard anything since. Hopefully it comes soon and we don't have to wait the 4 months again

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
insonoro said:
I did not apply yet as I still waiting for my OWP but the manager said they are updating the info in all the centres!
He did said to remark which office refused to issue the health card,that the only thing changed is that before we did not need a letter from employer as we need now.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the MP at 1:00 and I will ask him again.
Will update tomorrow after the meeting
Looks like I'll be trying yet again.

Can you give me some more details. What kind of manager did you talk to?
I know you went to a full service Service Canada, so you talked to a manager at Service Canada?
Did they contact Ontario Health? Or was it a manager at Ontario Health?

It just seems that everyone with evidence suggesting you can get OHIP with OWP Type 27 is only speaking from information they heard (possible misinformation) and not from actually receiving or even applying for OHIP.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OWP Type 27 doesn't show up on the eligibility criteria any more. I am positive it used to.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
Hello Members,

Good luck on your applications.

Has anyone on this forum applied as a principal applicant on a postgraduate work permit with a sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and that you are both in a common-law relationship (approved by a Notary Public)?

Did you have to forgo your PGWP if it was still valid for another 2 years?
What is your experience so far in terms of communication from CIC?

Thanks everyone for your input.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Posted by: GustavesF
Insert Quote
Quote from: insonoro on July 29, 2015, 05:30:26 pm
I did not apply yet as I still waiting for my OWP but the manager said they are updating the info in all the centres!
He did said to remark which office refused to issue the health card,that the only thing changed is that before we did not need a letter from employer as we need now.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the MP at 1:00 and I will ask him again.
Will update tomorrow after the meeting

Looks like I'll be trying yet again.

Can you give me some more details. What kind of manager did you talk to?
I know you went to a full service Service Canada, so you talked to a manager at Service Canada?
Did they contact Ontario Health? Or was it a manager at Ontario Health?

It just seems that everyone with evidence suggesting you can get OHIP with OWP Type 27 is only speaking from information they heard (possible misinformation) and not from actually receiving or even applying for OHIP.

I called Ontario health and they told me to go service Ontario.
Take with you a employer letter that states that you will be working with them for more than 6 months.

Posted by: chakrab
Insert Quote
OWP Type 27 doesn't show up on the eligibility criteria any more. I am positive it used to.

I know, but neither says that it does not qualify,

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?openform&ENV=WWE&NO=014-9998E-82
in other immigration status says:

Work permit (proof of full-time employment in Ontario may be requiered

I am just trying to help, not getting info from ramdom people

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
chakrab said:

It did, they removed it. Use the Internet Archive at archive.org, it changed right at March.

If you dig hard enough there is an FAQ that still lists a Type 27 as qualifying, but there is fine print stating that the Service Canada center will ultimately decide if you're eligible, regardless of what the guides state.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
insonoro said:
I called Ontario health and they told me to go service Ontario.
Take with you a employer letter that states that you will be working with them for more than 6 months.
Not accusing you of anything, but some of us have heard that exact verbiage before, and it has yet to secure OHIP for anyone.

I wanted to know exactly what level of person you spoke to, a name would be awesome, or an office address.

With that info I will heckle my MP's and MPP's office more till I either get OHIP or nothing again.

...again, not accusing you of anything, I'm just interested in attacking this problem on all fronts till we get a resolution.

I *should* be getting AIP any day now, but CIC is garbage, so I'm always looking for the next thing I can do to get ahead.

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
Im applying family sponsorship on 27th May 2015, still haven't received any news from CIC.

My application was a disaster, due to the fact all of police records are beyond 3 months validity (got it since Dec 2014), after that I landed here in Canada and attending school, medical I opt out for later submission, reading this, I really afraid it is going to be returned.

My OWP is missing some essential $100 dollar fee, reading here, seem like I have to be prepared for it to be sent back.

My question will be:
Can I withdraw this application and send via outbound ? Since I'm legally remains here by study permit. Will all the fee are reusable since they haven't look into my application ?

If I can't withdraw, could you please help me with some advices, what shall we do about the OWP ? Or my sponsorship application (shall I send the missing documents over now ?) - I'm afraid this will not only mess up the documents, it also will be return due to duplication and CIC didn't ask for it.

End note, thank much for help and comments here, the paperwork is stupid and messy, but we all have to go though it and wait for mercy, in anyway, any recommendation, suggestion from those has similar case like mine are much appreciate.

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
Any inputs please? Saw some suggestion just pay, send an receipt with explanatory note, anyone done it yet and does it work?

dante0000

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
PER received on 26/01/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2012, delivered 05 Nov 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2013
LANDED..........
02/10/2013
Hello Admin(sophieee)

Just received my wife's AOR today 30 July via my email, pls update

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Ok Guys some updates from MP in Toronto.

We do qualify for OHIP with OWP case 27.

Steps to follow:

Go to Service Ontario with OWP and a letter from employer that states that we will be working more than 6 months.
If refused, ask for number ID of person who denied and name.
Go to your MP and he will send you to your MPP and they will issue the OHIP.

info is coming from Craig Scott, MP in Toronto on Broadview Ave.
He also said that if we are on implied status after being in Canada on a working visa we might qualify for OHIP without letter of employment (waiting for confirmation, as soon as I get it I will post it)
He also said that people who never worked in Canada before and is getting a OWP is likely to have some issues, but not denied.

He said that people working on CIC are just students without experience and they are reading info from a book,and is not reliable.
He also said that they are updating all the centres with the new info.

For those people who already have the OWP go and try it, I will do it as soon as I have it.
Good luck to those people who has it.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
daisyy11 said:
can i be accepted as sponsor if i have had a student grant from the government ?
Yes.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
playvltk04 said:
Im applying family sponsorship on 27th May 2015, still haven't received any news from CIC.

My application was a disaster, due to the fact all of police records are beyond 3 months validity (got it since Dec 2014), after that I landed here in Canada and attending school, medical I opt out for later submission, reading this, I really afraid it is going to be returned.

My OWP is missing some essential $100 dollar fee, reading here, seem like I have to be prepared for it to be sent back.

My question will be:
Can I withdraw this application and send via outbound ? Since I'm legally remains here by study permit. Will all the fee are reusable since they haven't look into my application ?

If I can't withdraw, could you please help me with some advices, what shall we do about the OWP ? Or my sponsorship application (shall I send the missing documents over now ?) - I'm afraid this will not only mess up the documents, it also will be return due to duplication and CIC didn't ask for it.

End note, thank much for help and comments here, the paperwork is stupid and messy, but we all have to go though it and wait for mercy, in anyway, any recommendation, suggestion from those has similar case like mine are much appreciate.
Just because your police records are expired your application won't be returned. CIC will ask you to send new ones, that's it. And there is no problem with doing the meds sometime later.
The OWP app will most likely be returned and you have to apply again.

You can withdraw you application, you will loose the $75 fee, but CIC should reimburse the rest. It will take a long time, prepare for many months. Some say that you can use the same receipt if you notify CIC in your withdrawal about that. What would be your outland office?