Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
km9203 said:
We got ours by email, and yes the sponsor should attend. Which office are you landing at? Every office has a different turn around time.
Thanks for your response. Our office is Montreal do you have any idea how pong it takes to get an appointment?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
kimiz said:
Thanks for your response. Our office is Montreal do you have any idea how pong it takes to get an appointment?
No. If you call CIC, they will tell you. They are pretty helpful. 1-888-242-2100

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
kimiz said:
When did you get your DM? We got ours yesterday and we will also land in Montreal. We called CIC today (because they did not correct the passport info) and we were told that Montreal office takes about 2 months. But checking on the spreadsheet, the mean would be more something like 4-5 weeks.

Obi-Wan

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
kimiz said:
Hi I got my landing interview date for three weeks later. Montreal downtown Landing office.
Still waiting for the PR card, though its only been exactly 5 weeks since the landing.

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
I called cic today to get an update on my application. I was told that a letter was sent to me on March 13, 2017 requesting RPRF payment and FBI report. And then confusion deepens, firstly; not only did I NOT receive any such correspondence, I haven NOT receive any at all. Secondly, I never had or currently have any affiliation with USA, why are they asking for FBI background check or something like that?

I submitted my Original Police certificate with my application and haven't leave the Canada since, so there shouldn't be any requests for any such certificate.

The sad story is that these error seem to be common, and the agent said I have to wait until I receive the request and then reply to let them know about their error. This is a joke right?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Gloria217 said:
I called cic today to get an update on my application. I was told that a letter was sent to me on March 13, 2017 requesting RPRF payment and FBI report. And then confusion deepens, firstly; not only did I NOT receive any such correspondence, I haven NOT receive any at all. Secondly, I never had or currently have any affiliation with USA, why are they asking for FBI background check or something like that?

I submitted my Original Police certificate with my application and haven't leave the Canada since, so there shouldn't be any requests for any such certificate.

The sad story is that these error seem to be common, and the agent said I have to wait until I receive the request and then reply to let them know about their error. This is a joke right?

do you have an repersentive

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
carolbb23 said:
do you have an repersentive
No. My application was straightforward thus I didn't need a lawyer.
Thanks

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Gloria217 said:
No. My application was straightforward thus I didn't need a lawyer.
Thanks

but did you check your spam I suggest you pay rrpf now and wait for another request. next week we are going to our lawyer to send in proof of relationship for them for them to continue for them to work on Mr carol permanent residence application and pay rrpf.

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
carolbb23 said:
but did you check your spam I suggest you pay rrpf now and wait for another request. next week we are going to our lawyer to send in proof of relationship for them for them to continue for them to work on Mr carol permanent residence application and pay rrpf.
Yeah. I am definitely going to pay

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Gloria217 said:
Yeah. I am definitely going to pay

Excellent they know your serious :)

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
sylvain1 said:
When did you get your DM? We got ours yesterday and we will also land in Montreal. We called CIC today (because they did not correct the passport info) and we were told that Montreal office takes about 2 months. But checking on the spreadsheet, the mean would be more something like 4-5 weeks.
We got the decision made on march 21st and we are waiting to be assigned an appointment in montreal. Now the problem is that we are in my home country now due to my father's medicial emergency. Though my husband will be back to Canada in 2 weeks I am not sure about my plan. Do you have any idea if they can accept an exception that the sponsor does not attrnd the appointment?

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
kimiz said:
We got the decision made on march 21st and we are waiting to be assigned an appointment in montreal. Now the problem is that we are in my home country now due to my father's medicial emergency. Though my husband will be back to Canada in 2 weeks I am not sure about my plan. Do you have any idea if they can accept an exception that the sponsor does not attrnd the appointment?
I don't think that you can get an exception.
All I can think of is that you can ask for reschedule citing the reason

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Gloria217 said:

I suggest to have your MP implicated in your file to clear this up. This is stupid from them to ask you to wait for their letter and then reply to their error.
Is your application linked? if not, they likely sent it via regular mail. When they sent a batch mail in June 2016, we received a letter in early July, but the date on the letter was June 20th. So, if it is in the regular mail, it might be normal that you did not receive it yet, for some reason it takes several days before actually leaving their office; but you should get it very soon.
Also, did you ordered your GCMS notes in the past? If yes, make sure there is no typos in your email address. It happened to me (the sponsor), they did a typo in my email. I ordered my GCMS notes in November, got them in December 2016 and realized their mistake, sent a correction via CSE the next day.

Gloria, I sincerely wish you to get good news very soon!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Gloria217 said:

I have to say, I laughed pretty hard at this. And I shared it with my wife. I am sorry to say, that my laughter was out of contempt for IRCC. As a Canadian-born and who can trace lineage back to the early days of Upper and Lower Canada, I find this totally unacceptable. This is not what any of us would want or expect.

We too got a PCC in error. In our case, it was because they obviously turned on some automation, that sent a PCC request out in August of 2016 -- because it appeared our file didn't have a PCC -- but it did -- the staff were just too slow at scanning them in. We sent a new one in anyway.

Now, they had meds approved until the last systems update. Our MP's office even told us that everything is confirmed and we are just waiting for eligibility review.... until yesterday. They sent us a medical request -- despite me having GCMS notes, our MP having it on their file, and ecas still claims the meds are done. MP is chasing IRCC over it now.

sylvain1 said:
I suggest to have your MP implicated in your file to clear this up. This is stupid from them to ask you to wait for their letter and then reply to their error.
Is your application linked? if not, they likely sent it via regular mail. When they sent a batch mail in June 2016, we received a letter in early July, but the date on the letter was June 20th. So, if it is in the regular mail, it might be normal that you did not receive it yet, for some reason it takes several days before actually leaving their office; but you should get it very soon.
Also, did you ordered your GCMS notes in the past? If yes, make sure there is no typos in your email address. It happened to me (the sponsor), they did a typo in my email. I ordered my GCMS notes in November, got them in December 2016 and realized their mistake, sent a correction via CSE the next day.

Gloria, I sincerely wish you to get good news very soon!
I concur with sylvain.