Oct 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
moanie said:
Hi, I am still looking for help on the spreadsheet. When I log onto CIC it says application received April 29/2015, is this the first column or the second?
Thank you
First. Second column is for the date you receive your AOR(which has your file number on it).

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Solange Nassor said:
Hi, my name is solange
I'm a Canadian permanent resident,
I'm getting married to a British citizen this summer in June and we are planning to stay here and apply for a Canadian permanent resident card.
We have been in relationship for so long and we did traditional wedding last year here in Canada.
So the white wedding in in June this year where we will get our marriage certificate.
Is it necessary for him to buy both ways tickets to enter Canada? Please help,
We have all the proofs, like pictures, messages, money transfers etc.
Need advice
Hi,
So does your husband currently live in the UK?
You can apply either inland or outland - both have positives and negatives and i would suggest reading through this thread for those.
Not sure how your wedding status will play into the applications above as you make it sound like he still lives in the UK. Maybe others can provide more advice on that case.

Obi-Wan

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
moanie said:
Hi, I am still looking for help on the spreadsheet. When I log onto CIC it says application received April 29/2015, is this the first column or the second?
Thank you
Hi moanie,
The Column B "Date Application Received according to CIC or Canada Post" is the date that is showing in your ecas website.
The column after that Column C "Date Aknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) Received" will be the date when the sponsor receives an email from CIC indicating they have received the file.

JoyG

Jul 14, 2015
Hello Friends,
I'm a feb 19,2015 applicant. Me and my husband received our SA and AIP today. CIC also requested for a police clearance certificate based on fingerprints, which I'm planning to provide within a few days. My question, is it still advised not to leave the country without a PR Card (even though you have SA and AIP). I also have a multiple entry visa to enter Canada. Would it still be a risky to travel without a PR card? Any idea how long it takes from SA to DM and PR card after CIC receives finger prints?

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Obi-Wan said:
Hi moanie,
The Column B "Date Application Received according to CIC or Canada Post" is the date that is showing in your ecas website.
The column after that Column C "Date Aknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) Received" will be the date when the sponsor receives an email from CIC indicating they have received the file.
what is the typical wait time to receive that first initial email from CIC to the sponsor?

when this email arrives, is this the date we can consider "implied status"? or can we consider being in "implied status" from the date that our postal tracking shows the package arrived with CIC? sorry for the question, but we are getting very close to important deadlines as all of our documents and permit are expiring soon, and still haven't received any e-mail at all, so knowing we are in "implied status" would be at least a little peace of mind.

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
volkov said:
what is the typical wait time to receive that first initial email from CIC to the sponsor?

when this email arrives, is this the date we can consider "implied status"? or can we consider being in "implied status" from the date that our postal tracking shows the package arrived with CIC? sorry for the question, but we are getting very close to important deadlines as all of our documents and permit are expiring soon, and still haven't received any e-mail at all, so knowing we are in "implied status" would be at least a little peace of mind.
Hi volkov,

Some people get AOR after a few weeks, some after a few months and some people never get it, so there's no knowing when you will get the AOR letter.

If you have a valid status at the time CIC receives your application (trace it through Xpresspost, FedEx or whatever) then you are on implied status, but only if you also applied for OWP (Open Work Permit) at the same time, sent in the same package to Mississauga. The catch here is that if your application is returned for any reason, you lose the implied status as well at the same time. So the only way to now for sure your implied status is ongoing is to get the AOR letter from CIC

If you have a valid work permit right now, which can be extended by nature (so not an IEC work permit, since it cannot be extended) and applied for OWP with your PR application you will have implied status as a worker once your current status expires, in which you can keep working under the same conditions as what is on your current work permit.

If you have an IEC work permit, a study permit or a visitor visa, you will then have implied status as a visitor once it expires, until a decision is made on the OWP application. Once again, this only applies if you submitted the PR application together with an OWP application in the same package.

If you did not apply for OWP at the same time you will run out of status once the current visa or permit expires and you should then, if you wish to keep a valid status, apply for a visitor visa extension before your current visa/permit expires or if it has already expired, you should apply for restoration of status, followed by a visitor visa extension to keep status until you are eligible for a regular OWP, which you can apply for after AIP.

I have read a lot about implied status and believe the above to be correct.
I hope that helps, and if the above is incorrect, someone please correct my mistakes.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
thanks danny, so many variables

we sent in the PR application without the work permit application first, to the mississauga office

a month later we sent the OWP application to the vegreville office, this was a month ago

our current OWP is expiring in a month

so do we have implied status or not? nowhere on any of the government sites did it tell us to send in the OWP extension/application with the PR application, it was only on here that we even found out about that and immediately sent in the OWP application

in one month, everything expires, OWP, Social Insurance number, health card, etc.... this is stressful

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
volkov said:
thanks danny, so many variables

we sent in the PR application without the work permit application first, to the mississauga office

a month later we sent the OWP application to the vegreville office, this was a month ago

our current OWP is expiring in a month

so do we have implied status or not? nowhere on any of the government sites did it tell us to send in the OWP extension/application with the PR application, it was only on here that we even found out about that and immediately sent in the OWP application

in one month, everything expires, OWP, Social Insurance number, health card, etc.... this is stressful
You have implied status now, because your new OWP was received by CIC prior to your current worker status expiring. As long as it is not returned, because of an error on your part (like you only paid $155 instead of the full amount of $255), you'll be fine.

If your OWP is returned, you would then need to apply for Restoration of Status (if you get it back after your status expires) and would need to then re-submit the OWP if your ROS is approved.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Ponga said:
You have implied status now, because your new OWP was received by CIC prior to your current worker status expiring. As long as it is not returned, because of an error on your part (like you only paid $155 instead of the full amount of $255), you'll be fine.

If your OWP is returned, you would then need to apply for Restoration of Status (if you get it back after your status expires) and would need to then re-submit the OWP if your ROS is approved.
thank you, this is a relief to read, so it is safe for her to keep working even when her current expiring OWP expires, pending hearing back otherwise from CIC

really appreciate you taking the time to interpret the rules here

what can be done about the expiring Social Insurance Number?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
volkov said:
thank you, this is a relief to read, so it is safe for her to keep working even when her current expiring OWP expires, pending hearing back otherwise from CIC

really appreciate you taking the time to interpret the rules here

what can be done about the expiring Social Insurance Number?
Revenue Canada does not renew the SIN # based on documentation for Ímplied Status', however one is allowed to work with the same SIN number with the EXISTING EMPLOYER ONLY.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
erable_rouge said:
Revenue Canada does not renew the SIN # based on documentation for Ímplied Status', however one is allowed to work with the same SIN number with the EXISTING EMPLOYER ONLY.
interesting, but if it is an open work permit, why would that matter? we are waiting word on a job application and hoping to change companies in the next short while, same type of work but for a different company, and might keep the old job as well, so working for 2 companies part time both, would we be doing something wrong by using the same SIN for the new job too?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
volkov said:
interesting, but if it is an open work permit, why would that matter? we are waiting word on a job application and hoping to change companies in the next short while, same type of work but for a different company, and might keep the old job as well, so working for 2 companies part time both, would we be doing something wrong by using the same SIN for the new job too?
Even though it is a open work permit, it's only your current employer which would allow you to continue to work on 'implied status' and the same SIN would continue, until you hear from CIC.

Once the work permit expires ( and consequently the SIN too), no new employer would hire a candidate on ímplied status'.

Hortie

Apr 10, 2016
I was out of status when my Canadian husband applied for my PR through an agent in December of 2014 and have yet to hear anything. When we check the CIC website it says 'application received' and no further information. The timelines for approval on the CIC site say 26 months yet I note many who applied before and after us are receiving approval much more faster. Doing the math, according to the CIC we may have to wait as long as January of 2017, nine more months. A long time to remain unemployed so my husband spoke to the agent to ask about an open work permit, he was told that yes, we can submit one even though I am out of status but it would be about $600 plus a $200 registration fee for the government.

My questions in month 17 of this process are;

- what do you all feel the odds are that my PR would go to the wire and take the 26 months?

- given that the OWP process would take four months, is there anything to be gained as I see many who applied for PR at the same time as me getting it?

- is there a way I can apply for OWP myself that does not cost $600? If so where can I get the forms and information.

Thanks all, this is a treasure chest of information, I appreciate all replies!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rest assured that you are not the only person to have applied without status. This alone should not add any real delays to your processing, but...it could very well take another 9 months (+/-) to get through this.

I have never heard of that $600 OWP before. If you are out of status, and have been more than 90 days, there's no way to be eligible for the OWP until you have reached AIP stage. This would be ~ 17 months after your application was received by CIC, which could be in the next month (hopefully). Once you have AIP, you are then eligible for the `normal' OWP that all Inland applicants (even those without status) are eligible for. The total cost for the OWP is $255 ($155 + $100).

Hortie

Apr 10, 2016
Ponga said:
I have never heard of that $600 OWP before. If you are out of status, and have been more than 90 days, there's no way to be eligible for the OWP until you have reached AIP stage. This would be ~ 17 months after your application was received by CIC, which could be in the next month (hopefully). Once you have AIP, you are then eligible for the `normal' OWP that all Inland applicants (even those without status) are eligible for. The total cost for the OWP is $255 ($155 + $100).
Thank you!

To explain, the $600 was the fee the agent would charge to facilitate this process which is why I was asking how I could go about doing this myself as I'm sure it can be done by a normal person.