+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes!; slowly moving! It took me few months to receive FBI and My country clearance...I also had to travel to Ottawa to get my passport (From BC!!)...But I've Finally sent them Everything they asked for...and few days after e'mailing them Bosnian police clearance they ask me to resubmit by Case specifics inquiry Form ...No clue why! But I did that

But wait...what do you mean now they want Original FBI clearance??/You mean I have to Snail Mail it??

Ponga said:
Yay! Sounds like things are still moving forward for you!

Did the email tell you when the documents had to be submitted? Did they give you 30 days...60 days? If they did, they probably won't even check to see that you've sent these, until that day has passed. :(

Send the CSE and attach the documents, but...they say they need the original FBI letter...which makes no sense because as you can see, the letter no longer has ANY security features (and is probably printed on plain white paper). I'd also attach a copy of that and explain that even though it's not the original, it is exactly like the original. Be prepared to also send the original to CIC and hope that they get it.

Next step will be your DM letter, followed by your landing letter.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VioletBlue said:
Yes!; slowly moving! It took me few months to receive FBI and My country clearance...I also had to travel to Ottawa to get my passport (From BC!!)...But I've Finally sent them Everything they asked for...and few days after e'mailing them Bosnian police clearance they ask me to resubmit by Case specifics inquiry Form ...No clue why! But I did that

But wait...what do you mean now they want Original FBI clearance??/You mean I have to Snail Mail it??
Unfortunately, you really should send it snail mail, ASAP, because they explicit say that the PCC's must be originals.

It's mind boggling why they can't accept a scanned/faxed copy, because it will look EXACTLY like the original FBI ISHR paper, but...that's CIC for ya!
I suggest sending it in the original envelope that you received it in, so that they know it really is the original.

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woq!/I had No clue!! Ok I will get on that asap...so should I send Both...FBI And Bosnian clearance??

Ponga said:
Unfortunately, you really should send it snail mail, ASAP, because they explicit say that the PCC's must be originals.

It's mind boggling why they can't accept a scanned/faxed copy, because it will look EXACTLY like the original FBI ISHR paper, but...that's CIC for ya!
I suggest sending it in the original envelope that you received it in, so that they know it really is the original.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VioletBlue said:
Woq!/I had No clue!! Ok I will get on that asap...so should I send Both...FBI And Bosnian clearance??
From CIC (regarding the FBI letter):
All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.

It can't hurt to include the Bosnian clearance as well. Be sure to get delivery confirmation and then notify CIC (again) that you've also sent the originals.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
MelM2015 said:
(No subject)
We received your application for permanent residence on March 27, 2014.
We sent you medical instructions on September 9, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you correspondence on October 6, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a letter on October 6, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you correspondence on October 9, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Medical results have been received.

Dec 2 we receive an email. It said call in notice for permanent residence. What should we expect at interview? It did state to finalize permanent residence
Good news right??? Yay! Do you check your status often? When did this change? Also how long did it take for "medical received" to show up after you did your medical?

BC1000

Feb 3, 2015
Application received: May 27, 2014
Applicant AOR: August 8, 2014
Sponsor AOR: February 2015
CIC email requesting medical: November 10 2015
CIC email to sponsor. Sponsorship approved: November 10, 2015
DM email recieved November 27, 2015
Email and phone call from cic vancouver office November 30,2015
Landed December 3, 2015

truthORdare

May 25, 2014
Hi guys,

June 11 2014 here - received SA on my partner's email. The email said APR will be sent soon.

AOR Received: August 8th 2014
Sponsor AOR Received: February 26th 2015
SA Received: December 3rd 2015
AIP/APR: ?
Landing: ??
PR Card: ???

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
28january said:
Good news right??? Yay! Do you check your status often? When did this change? Also how long did it take for "medical received" to show up after you did your medical?
I check quite often I just noticed. But when I log into check my application it still says application received.

penimoet

Jan 22, 2015
Hi all, i just really confused right now. I sent my application at august 23rd 2014 and cic sent me an email they received it at september 9th 2014. And at october they sent me back my application since i forget to put one form and sent it back to cic asap in the next day. After that, i never heard any news from cic. And 2 months ago i sent an additional information that i got a newborn baby from my relationship and sent the birth certificate with my name and my sponsor name on it as a proof. Now i really confused what should i do? Because i never heard anything from cic since they return my application. Anyone can help me? Thx

serida

Aug 7, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28, 2014
penimoet said:
Hi all, i just really confused right now. I sent my application at august 23rd 2014 and cic sent me an email they received it at september 9th 2014. And at october they sent me back my application since i forget to put one form and sent it back to cic asap in the next day. After that, i never heard any news from cic. And 2 months ago i sent an additional information that i got a newborn baby from my relationship and sent the birth certificate with my name and my sponsor name on it as a proof. Now i really confused what should i do? Because i never heard anything from cic since they return my application. Anyone can help me? Thx
I had a similar situation as you last year. I got a file number after my first time submit my application. After one month they Retured my whole package because of one form. I submitted a week later and received a new file number in one month. Do you have your tracking number? I think you can check if they received your new applicantion.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Re: 2014 November Applications

screech339 said:
As much as you hate the case 27 OWP, these types of OWP DOES NOT PROVE that the applicant qualifies for PR as whereas AIP, regular OWP or DM letter does. No matter how much you slice the issue, at the end of the day, OWP 27 never proves that the applicant qualifies for PR status.
I think the problem here is that you have a hard time separating my interpretation of the regulations from my dissatisfaction with the regulations.
I fully understand the regulations, *but*, and here's the tricky part: I am dissatisfied with them.
Shockingly, both these situations coexist.
My dissatisfaction with the regulations, does not mean that I do not know what they are.
I've had to tell you this before, but somehow, every time I mention my dissatisfaction with the system or my empathy for someone else stuck in the system, you feel the need to tell me what the regulations are/aren't. Why do you keep doing this?

If I were to express my disappointment with the weather, would you interpret that as my ignorance of the weather? Would you proceed to inform me of the weather conditions?

Every argument you've had with me on this topic resulted not because I don't know or understand what the regulations are, but because I think the regulations, the process, and all the other links in the chain range from inadequate to moronic.

I understand the process, please stop explaining it to me.

Regardless of how many times you harass me for my dissatisfaction with the existing structure, I'm not going to change my opinion.
I'm not arguing against the laws of physics here, I'm allowed to be dissatisfied.

Seriously, and I'm going to break it down a little further as I've somehow not managed to explain myself enough before: I believe the rules for OHIP qualification are stupid.
In fact, there are a lot of processes and regulations that I believe are stupid, unfair, and unjustly favor certain situations over others. I know what they are, and I don't like them.
I don't care that Case 27 OWP "does not prove" that the applicant qualifies for PR.
I do not care what the specifics of the regulations are, or what document proves what.

You already know that there are glaring inconsistencies that we've discussed previously, but you already indicated that you don't care about the inconsistencies.
There are so many gaps in this massively tangled, unorganized system.
I understand it, and as per my understanding, it's stupid.
Sorry, but I don't love it as much as you appear to.

If you respond to this again by telling me, again, for the 100th time, that "no matter what, OWP doesn't prove this, or OHIP qualification isn't proved by that", I will be astounded.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013

GustavesF said:
I think the problem here is that you have a hard time separating my interpretation of the regulations from my dissatisfaction with the regulations.
I fully understand the regulations, *but*, and here's the tricky part: I am dissatisfied with them.
Shockingly, both these situations coexist.
My dissatisfaction with the regulations, does not mean that I do not know what they are.
I've had to tell you this before, but somehow, every time I mention my dissatisfaction with the system or my empathy for someone else stuck in the system, you feel the need to tell me what the regulations are/aren't. Why do you keep doing this?

If I were to express my disappointment with the weather, would you interpret that as my ignorance of the weather? Would you proceed to inform me of the weather conditions?

Every argument you've had with me on this topic resulted not because I don't know or understand what the regulations are, but because I think the regulations, the process, and all the other links in the chain range from inadequate to moronic.

I understand the process, please stop explaining it to me.

Regardless of how many times you harass me for my dissatisfaction with the existing structure, I'm not going to change my opinion.
I'm not arguing against the laws of physics here, I'm allowed to be dissatisfied.

Seriously, and I'm going to break it down a little further as I've somehow not managed to explain myself enough before: I believe the rules for OHIP qualification are stupid.
In fact, there are a lot of processes and regulations that I believe are stupid, unfair, and unjustly favor certain situations over others. I know what they are, and I don't like them.
I don't care that Case 27 OWP "does not prove" that the applicant qualifies for PR.
I do not care what the specifics of the regulations are, or what document proves what.

You already know that there are glaring inconsistencies that we've discussed previously, but you already indicated that you don't care about the inconsistencies.
There are so many gaps in this massively tangled, unorganized system.
I understand it, and as per my understanding, it's stupid.
Sorry, but I don't love it as much as you appear to.

If you respond to this again by telling me, again, for the 100th time, that "no matter what, OWP doesn't prove this, or OHIP qualification isn't proved by that", I will be astounded.
I am glad you understand the difference. That said, telling everyone about being dissatisfied with the system all the time doesn't solve the problem. It is starting to get old. Tell Ontario Service to change the system. Perhaps tell Ontario to change the constitution to give up their medical health care jurisdiction to Federal so the federal government now has a say in who qualifies for OHIP or not.

The government job performance will always be poor as long as union exist in the system, no matter who's in government. It's no difference from automotive industry. Union promotes laziness and lack of transparency. And you wondered why the quality control of Toyota/Honda vehicles tends to be more superior than those produced by GM/Ford/Chrysler. Toyota/Honda have no union. GM/Ford/Chrysler does.

Oct 8, 2015
Hi all,

My wife is a June 17, 2014 applicant.
She has received a request for medical from CIC this morning.
This is the first time we hear something from CIC since the app was submitted.
The application is still at CIC-M

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015

screech339 said:
I am glad you understand the difference. That said, telling everyone about being dissatisfied with the system all the time doesn't solve the problem. It is starting to get old. Tell Ontario Service to change the system. Perhaps tell Ontario to change the constitution to give up their medical health care jurisdiction to Federal so the federal government now has a say in who qualifies for OHIP or not.

The government job performance will always be poor as long as union exist in the system, no matter who's in government. It's no difference from automotive industry. Union promotes laziness and lack of transparency. And you wondered why the quality control of Toyota/Honda vehicles tends to be more superior than those produced by GM/Ford/Chrysler. Toyota/Honda have no union. GM/Ford/Chrysler does.
I estimate that 80% of my posts on this topic result from your replies.

So when someone else has a problem, and I explain that their problem is common and express empathy for this situation and share their frustration, that is one post. The following five posts by me reiterate my complaints because you feel the need to rebut my dissatisfaction.

I know your intention is to show me that change is impossible, and that you want me to complain to the parties in power to get it fixed myself, but that's not how government works. I've done my part, every level of government I have access to knows what issues I have with their systems.

The reason our systems are so bad is because everyone accepts them as such.

I agree with you about unions.
They promote an environment of laziness and inefficiency. There's no reason to be valuable, or marketable. Just lay there and be fed.
I am certainly not getting quality service for my taxes and fees.
I've seen corporations axe their union to usher in a real workforce, and I anxiously more of the same.

I'd love the government to do the same. Get employees that earn their worth.
I'm tired of dealing with entitled incompetence and their opaque operation.

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Hoping someone here can give me some insight.

My inland app + OWP will be returned due to a mistake on a form. We are assuming it will be returned around the 4-month mark which is in January. My visitor status expires December 10 but I am covered under implied status for now.

Our plan is to start over with a new outland app (learned our lesson; inland timeline is crazy) as soon as the inland one gets returned. However, we would like to travel for 2 weeks after the inland one is no longer in process, and then return to Canada and start over.

Do I (US Citizen) need to be in-status in Canada before I can leave and reapply?

What I want to do is renew my visitor visa now to be covered when the implied status no longer applies come January, leave Canada within a month or two (I assume that will void my visitor extension as soon as I leave?) and return to Canada the same way (visitor/visa-exempt) in 2-3 weeks. Does that sound like the right way to do this?