+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
Called CIC and the agent confirmed this.
She told me NOT to apply again if I'd sent the OWP with my inland app.

She said CIC will sort out all applications in the queue for AIP and start issuing OWP for the ones applying for them.

She refused to give me timeframe though.

[Edit] I'm referencing to the post Sophiee made about Eric Laine

whlee27

Sep 18, 2013
indiana_rica said:
the SCLPC applicant has valid temporary resident status (as a visitor, student or worker).
What about implied status? my wife had visitor visa when she applied PR and OWP but her visa expired couple of month ago and now she is in implied status.

indiana_rica

Apr 15, 2014
sophieee said:
Your OWP can be issued only for the time your passport is valid. So since you don't have a valid passport right now I think you need to wait till you get the new one.
Thanks sophiee, my situation is a bit wack!! We sent in our PR and OWP in April while I had legal status, as a tourist, but that expired in May. We were told I was on implied status because I had a OWP application in. Now my passport is expired in Dec 2014, ( will get renewed one maybe February 2015),,,,so according to the pilot program I may not get the OWP, so many questions now?
If I don't get a OWP cause of validity of my passport , could I reapply for one when I do get my new passport, will I be considered still on implied abd legal status to apply then? To make matters worse, we never put our email address and never did get an AOR.
HELP !!! IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO THAT CAN HELP ME, PLEASE GUIDE ME,,,,THANKS.

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
indiana_rica said:
Thanks sophiee, my situation is a bit wack!! We sent in our PR and OWP in April while I had legal status, as a tourist, but that expired in May. We were told I was on implied status because I had a OWP application in. Now my passport is expired in Dec 2014, ( will get renewed one maybe February 2015),,,,so according to the pilot program I may not get the OWP, so many questions now?
If I don't get a OWP cause of validity of my passport , could I reapply for one when I do get my new passport, will I be considered still on implied abd legal status to apply then? To make matters worse, we never put our email address and never did get an AOR.
Yes, it is bit strange. Since your passport is expiring soon, not sure why you submitted PR/OWP application at the first place. The good news is they have not returned your package, which could mean they just haven't got to it. About your PR, send them the photo copy of your renewed passport as soon as you get them, that way, they may not even return your application. About your OWP, since you submitted it along with your PR application, I don't think you need to do anything. This is just my opinion.

indiana_rica

Apr 15, 2014
tomtomato said:
Yes, it is bit strange. Since your passport is expiring soon, not sure why you submitted PR/OWP application at the first place. The good news is they have not returned your package, which could mean they just haven't got to it. About your PR, send them the photo copy of your renewed passport as soon as you get them, that way, they may not even return your application. About your OWP, since you submitted it along with your PR application, I don't think you need to do anything. This is just my opinion.
They Did in fact get to my PR application, cause when we calked back in September we got a file number, not sure why you are talking about returning our application. Thanks for the reply, we will call cic and see what is their advice as well.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
indiana_rica said:
My guess that is you won't get an OWP now because your are not eligible without a valid passport but you will be able to apply once you got your new passport. It's the best to ask the call centre, and make a rush on your new pp if you can.

Pantsos

Dec 23, 2014
Hi guys, i sent my application in March 2014, i have my AOR from August.
I also sent the form for OWP.

When i get my OWP it's too dangerous to get out of the country or no?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pantsos said:
Hi guys, i sent my application in March 2014, i have my AOR from August.
I also sent the form for OWP.

When i get my OWP it's too dangerous to get out of the country or no?
An OWP does not guarantee re-entry!

kpdave25

Nov 1, 2014
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: CPC-V
App. Filed.......: 04-July-14
AOR Received.: 12-Sept-14

And now status is "Medical Received"

And waiting.....

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kpdave25 said:

And waiting.....
Thanks for sharing, I've added you to the spreadsheet.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pantsos said:
Ok. Thanks. If they don't allow me to enter the country, that means that my application is rejected?
Exactly.

This is the curse of the Inland application, because if you leave Canada and are denied re-entry, your application is toast.

Burnt toast without any butter! ;D

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Exactly.

This is the curse of the Inland application, because if you leave Canada and are denied re-entry, your application is toast.

Burnt toast without any butter! ;D
Doesn't make any sense why it would be toast, its not like nothing changes when you leave and re-enter the country.

Such a flawed system that needs updating, I guess the CIC expect the couple to stay put for 2 years....

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Doesn't make any sense why it would be toast, its not like nothing changes when you leave and re-enter the country.

Such a flawed system that needs updating, I guess the CIC expect the couple to stay put for 2 years....
*sigh*

It's NOT an issue if you are allowed to re-enter Canada. It's the part about being DENIED that kills the application.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
kpdave25 said:

And waiting.....
hi kpdave. Are u able to log into ecas already? And if so what do u use? Thank h