LANDED..........
19-04-2016
so I got my AOR via mail Monday. it was posted august 20th

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sherryl galacgac said:
Hi anyone who got their AOR on August get to log in e-cas yet? I Can't still log in :(
I got mine in August and I dont think you can login for a few more months..

miamore_lili

Apr 12, 2013
Hi,

My husband and I got married in Iran (a religious marriage) and we have a iranian marriage certificate. He is an international student here and we are living together in Canada. Can we apply for inland sponsorship? I see in the instructions page for inland sponsorship they state:

"If you are married

You can sponsor the person as your spouse if your marriage is a legally valid civil marriage."

What does a legally valid civil marriage mean? Is there anyone here who got religiously married outside of Canada and successfully applied inland?

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
miamore_lili said:
Hi,

My husband and I got married in Iran (a religious marriage) and we have a iranian marriage certificate. He is an international student here and we are living together in Canada. Can we apply for inland sponsorship? I see in the instructions page for inland sponsorship they state:

"If you are married

You can sponsor the person as your spouse if your marriage is a legally valid civil marriage."

What does a legally valid civil marriage mean? Is there anyone here who got religiously married outside of Canada and successfully applied inland?
Curious about this topic too, since I was married in the USA, though it was not religious. I think Canada recognizes marriages that are legal in most other countries, but I'm sure some other users have more information on this than I do.

Anoushkev

Aug 26, 2014
sophieee said:
I've added you to the list.
As for your concern, it's hard to stay anything without knowing where are from, which would be your visa office. You should take a look and find out the timeline of your outland visa office, then make a decision. You haven't wasted so much time yet, so if outland is faster, than it can be a good idea to withdraw the inland app and apply outland.
Good luck!
Thank you for your reply and for adding me to the list, i have also sent in my medical and criminal background papers!!!...I am from Syria, and as you might no we have no embassy there right now, so the papers have to go through Jordan (23months)...my main reason for changing is because i want to go back home for a few days in December, and m worried about re-entry although i do have a valid study permit until august 2015 with multiple entry....If i dont withdraw am going to take a chance and go???too risky??

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
Kieath said:
Just a quick update as he was finally able to call in:

We received confirmation that AORs are only sent out in special circumstances (one of those being you added your email apparently - so pretty much everyone except the few of us who decided to opt out of email). She checked our receipt, his name, and his UCI with no luck, but warned us that AORs and other things like scanning the receipt or attaching documents to the UCI were not done at the same time so no need to panic...yet. She was also unable to look up things under my name because I couldn't give consent (I work 8-5 weekdays, but turns out that it's an eastern call center despite what the website says and we live in British Columbia, so I'll call in again at 5-6am). I have a hunch that when people from our time can log into ecas, we might be able to get somewhere, and until then they're not going to find anything.

On the other hand, she mentioned if something was sent in wrong, they would have likely returned it by now (I was really scared of it being rejected due to missing and having to subsitute for an option c), so possibly good news? I just hope they didn't loose it :(

Anyone else who opted out of email having any luck?
No luck here, We didn't add an email for the applicant ... all i have is a file number that starts with a "T" followed by 12 numbers, which i received when I called in, Can't put that file number in ecas under any options.

Apparently file number that start with T shows that the app has been received and scanned, and file numbers that begin with "F" means that they have been scanned and created.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
mahmow said:
Apparently file number that start with T shows that the app has been received and scanned, and file numbers that begin with "F" means that they have been scanned and created.
My AOR included a file number that starts with "F" - no UCI though. Does 'scanned and created' mean that they're actively working on the file?

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
miamore_lili said:
Hi,

"If you are married

I was married in Brazil - but in order for it to be recognized as legal (in Brazil) we had both a civil and religious ceremony. In Canada the Pastor can legalize the 'religious' ceremony. So, we don't actually have any documents from our religious ceremony, just the civil one that was done a couple days earlier in front of a judge. Did you have to pay a fee? Maybe in Iran it's like Canada where both are done at the same time.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Anoushkev said:
Thank you for your reply and for adding me to the list, i have also sent in my medical and criminal background papers!!!...I am from Syria, and as you might no we have no embassy there right now, so the papers have to go through Jordan (23months)...my main reason for changing is because i want to go back home for a few days in December, and m worried about re-entry although i do have a valid study permit until august 2015 with multiple entry....If i dont withdraw am going to take a chance and go???too risky??
There is always a risk that you will be denied but with a multiple entry study permit it's definitely smaller.
I wouldn't withdraw my inland app if my outland VO would take 23 months.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
miamore_lili said:
Hi,

"If you are married

You could ask the CIC call centre, the iranian embassy, or maybe the vital statistics agency. If it turns out, that your marriage is not a legal civil marriage, you can have a very small civil ceremony in Canada, and send pictures of both events to CIC.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
miamore_lili said:
Hi,

"If you are married

Not clear to me who's sponsor and who's the applicant for PR. Sounds like you are a Canadian citizen or PR, and your husband is the applicant under your sponsorship.

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
MissRepresentation said:
My AOR included a file number that starts with "F" - no UCI though. Does 'scanned and created' mean that they're actively working on the file?
No, just means that a file has been created. They are working on apps from July 2013 right now.

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Hi all,
I need little help. I applied for inland spousal sponsorship. I am an applicant. My file has ben submitted by representative (consultant) now I want to cancel representative and follow my case by myself. I have seen that I can cancel representative anytime but am not sure how to change email address for further communication with CIC as for now representative has given his details. How can I change email etc. Kindly help. I didnt get AOR yet but I have file number so far.

Kindly help

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
missworld13 said:
Hi all,
I need little help. I applied for inland spousal sponsorship. I am an applicant. My file has ben submitted by representative (consultant) now I want to cancel representative and follow my case by myself. I have seen that I can cancel representative anytime but am not sure how to change email address for further communication with CIC as for now representative has given his details. How can I change email etc. Kindly help. I didnt get AOR yet but I have file number so far.

Kindly help
Just fill out the same use of representative form only this time you filled out at bottom to cancel representative.

Once CIC received that form they will go back to the email found in your application. They will use that for further communication between you and CIC.

Screech339

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
screech339 said:
Just fill out the same use of representative form only this time you filled out at bottom to cancel representative.

Once CIC received that form they will go back to the email found in your application. They will use that for further communication between you and CIC.

Screech339
I know about cancel representative form but On cancel representative form they didnt provide email address section, how can I give my own email address... plz highlight