4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
cioannou said:
Whilst I'd like to believe CIC is finally diligently processing our applications, it seems they've stopped processing AIPs in favour of issuing AORs. Apparently CIC only has the capability to do one thing at any given time. If you look at the wait times of the next 20-30 people in line waiting for AIP, the current times stand at around 380 days. The previous 20 people were averaging out at 330 days for AIP (most getting PR as well) and the last 30 people at 300 days. So, AIPs are taking longer, more than the official 12 months so I can only foresee one of the following two things happening. 1. Processing times increase yet again. 2. They actually start focusing on processing applications and issuing AIPs and we see things ramp up like they have for AORs. I'm hoping for the latter but with CIC, you never know.
This shows the CIC is successfully employed hundreds of incapable people to drag us back X(

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Registering car in Ontario came from USA.
Could anyone share their experience how they were able to register car in Ontario. There is a provision for swapping US license for Ontario licence .

Do we need to get emissions, safety tests . What are the steps we need to take to swap US plates to Ontario license plates, after we swap drivers license.

Pls advice.

Anoushkev

Aug 26, 2014
Hey everyone,

Can i be added to the list!!!
Category: Spouse Sponsorship
Visa Office: Mississagua
Application Submitted: June 23, 2014
Application Received: August 11,2014
Fee: Paid 550$ only.

and one question if i can have your feedback: through the forum i can see that people living in Canada who applied from outside Canada are getting their PR's faster, i applied from inside and now i am kind of regretting because i cannot leave the country and it seems CIC are working on applications from July 2013!!!What to doo

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on the letter my friend received today,it is obvious that those inland cases that were submitted in July 2013 are deemed "complex" thats why it's been taking CIC 6 months (and maybe more) to process these legendary July 2013 cases.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am replying to your e-mail of August 5, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning the processing times for your inland spousal sponsorship application.

Unfortunately, you have not provided enough information in your correspondence (i.e., your full name, date and place of birth, client ID number, etc.) that would assist me in researching your file. Furthermore, Canada’s Privacy Act prohibits the release of information on our clients without their written consent. This legislation was designed to protect a person’s right to privacy when dealing with Canadian government institutions. While I cannot comment on your application, I can give you general information on the inland sponsorship program.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client’s best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

As you may know, inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 11 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. When an application for permanent residence is assessed and receives approval in principle, an application for an open work permit can then be processed and applicants may be eligible to apply for provincial/territorial health care.

For more information regarding spousal sponsorship and processing times, please visit the CIC Website.

Thank you for having taken the time to write.

Sincerely,

B. Sultana
Ministerial Enquiries Division

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
civic said:
Based on the letter my friend received today,it is obvious that those inland cases that were submitted in July 2013 are deemed "complex" thats why it's been taking CIC 6 months (and maybe more) to process these legendary July 2013 cases.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am replying to your e-mail of August 5, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning the processing times for your inland spousal sponsorship application.

Unfortunately, you have not provided enough information in your correspondence (i.e., your full name, date and place of birth, client ID number, etc.) that would assist me in researching your file. Furthermore, Canada's Privacy Act prohibits the release of information on our clients without their written consent. This legislation was designed to protect a person's right to privacy when dealing with Canadian government institutions. While I cannot comment on your application, I can give you general information on the inland sponsorship program.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client's best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

As you may know, inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 11 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. When an application for permanent residence is assessed and receives approval in principle, an application for an open work permit can then be processed and applicants may be eligible to apply for provincial/territorial health care.

For more information regarding spousal sponsorship and processing times, please visit the CIC Website.

Sincerely,

B. Sultana
I am curious to know where you even found a reference to the July 2013 applicants in the letter you quoted here. This is only letter that outlines how the program works and the basic steps taken to assess an applicant. There is nothing new nor informative in this post.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
civic said:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am replying to your e-mail of August 5, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning the processing times for your inland spousal sponsorship application.

Unfortunately, you have not provided enough information in your correspondence (i.e., your full name, date and place of birth, client ID number, etc.) that would assist me in researching your file. Furthermore, Canada's Privacy Act prohibits the release of information on our clients without their written consent. This legislation was designed to protect a person's right to privacy when dealing with Canadian government institutions. While I cannot comment on your application, I can give you general information on the inland sponsorship program.

The creation of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class promotes family unity. It allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners who live with them in Canada, for permanent residence. However, Family Class category redesign aimed at faster processing of applications from spouses, common-law partners and dependent children only applies to applicants who are outside Canada. It is always in the client's best interests to apply abroad in the prescribed manner, if possible. There are distinct disadvantages to applying from within Canada, including longer processing times, lack of status, inability to work and ineligibility for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to carefully read the guide which provides important information for an applicant to consider before completing this application.

Sincerely,

B. Sultana

This letter only looks like a standard reply copy pasted from their standard answers.docx...

Would you show the reference to your mentioned
Quote: " July 2013 are deemed "complex" thats why it's been taking CIC 6 months (and maybe more) to process these legendary July 2013 cases. " ?

And why July 2013 applications are legendary ?

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Hello,

I have a few questions if anyone is available to answer? I applied for inland family sponsorship on March 2014, curious to know if the "Open work permit" application I submitted will be processed sooner rather than later? I am going out of my dang head!! I married a Canadian and I feel helpless!! Let alone hopeless with the waiting process. My application was sent back to me last week, due to a signature missing in which I returned and received confirmation today via an email. I have a degree I want to help support my family here in Canada!!

Also, I was arrested in 1998 for Disorderly Conduct; I was 18. Will that cause any grief?

Thank You for your time. :D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Anoushkev said:
Hey everyone,

Can i be added to the list!!!
Category: Spouse Sponsorship
Visa Office: Mississagua
Application Submitted: June 23, 2014
Application Received: August 11,2014
Fee: Paid 550$ only.

and one question if i can have your feedback: through the forum i can see that people living in Canada who applied from outside Canada are getting their PR's faster, i applied from inside and now i am kind of regretting because i cannot leave the country and it seems CIC are working on applications from July 2013!!!What to doo
I've added you to the list.
As for your concern, it's hard to stay anything without knowing where are from, which would be your visa office. You should take a look and find out the timeline of your outland visa office, then make a decision. You haven't wasted so much time yet, so if outland is faster, than it can be a good idea to withdraw the inland app and apply outland.
Good luck!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
michminn said:
Hello,

I have a few questions if anyone is available to answer? I applied for inland family sponsorship on March 2014, curious to know if the "Open work permit" application I submitted will be processed sooner rather than later? I am going out of my dang head!! I married a Canadian and I feel helpless!! Let alone hopeless with the waiting process. My application was sent back to me last week, due to a signature missing in which I returned and received confirmation today via an email. I have a degree I want to help support my family here in Canada!!

Also, I was arrested in 1998 for Disorderly Conduct; I was 18. Will that cause any grief?

Your complete application was sent back, or you were just asked to replace one form? If your complete application was sent back, and you basically applied again last week, then the real waiting just starts now. The email confirmation was an Acknowledgment of Receipt with a file number on it?
You will be eligible for an OWP after the first stage approval, which currently takes 13 months, and who knows how much will be in the future.

I don't know if the criminal record will cause a problem.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
michminn said:
Hello,

I had my app sent back to me in Jan 31, sent back on Feb 4, Received confirmation in May ! You should consider yourself a lucky one ! I cant make any determination about how cic judge your record but bottom line is the crime you committed is 20 years ago, it should not be used to reflect who you are now. Besides Disorderly conduct is not even felony ;)

sweb87

May 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
Just filed In land PR app with work permit app for my spouse today.

Last time it took over 30 months to process and we left in the middle of it and thus app was denied of course.

I'm hoping it doesn't take so long this time. I organized our application much better this time! ???

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Michminn, I don't know if your legal issue from 1998 will affect your application but I can give you a for instance that happened recently to a friend who was coming to Canada just for a short visit, after having come into Canada many times over the years. There was something on their US record from a citation that they received 20 years ago. It was somehow listed as an arrest, even though it was just a ticket without an arrest, so Canada suddenly would not let them in. They turned back and went home, thankfully only an hour and a half from the boarder for them. Then about a month later they were on a cruise that stopped for about 6 hours in Victoria BC, they planned to come into town and visit with us. They were not allowed off the boat. There was a long interview, the Boarder Guards did determine that our friend should be allowed in however they would have needed to fill out a long detailed form and much of their 6 hours was already gone. so they decided not to deal with it then but can deal with it soon. This was all over something that was listed wrong in the system that boarder guards are able to access and it was after this individual had been into Canada numerous times over the years. All this said to say, you never know, all you can do is try and see what happens.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
sweb87 said:
Just filed In land PR app with work permit app for my spouse today.

Last time it took over 30 months to process and we left in the middle of it and thus app was denied of course.

I'm hoping it doesn't take so long this time. I organized our application much better this time! ???
I've added you to the spreadsheet, please let me know when CIC receive it.
Are you aware that US citizens become PRs with the outland process in 4-5 months, while the first stage of the inland process is currently 13 months?

sweb87

May 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
sophieee said:
I've added you to the spreadsheet, please let me know when CIC receive it.
Are you aware that US citizens become PRs with the outland process in 4-5 months, while the first stage of the inland process is currently 13 months?
Thanks for adding me..

It was a difficult choice to go for the Inland again but overall we felt we would rather be together and wait than be apart.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
sweb87 said:
Thanks for adding me..

It was a difficult choice to go for the Inland again but overall we felt we would rather be together and wait than be apart.
You can file an outland app while you are together in Canada. Your wife can get a visitor extension, it's very unlikely that she will be denied.