+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
Well, it looks like they are still processing August 2014 paper applications. Since you have applied on September, you will hear from them around December! You do not have to worry about your visitor visa expiration since you have an implied status until you get decision on your extension application.

Usually, online applications are processed much faster.. Also, CIC call centre agent only can confirm if they received your application or not until they start processing!

vik999 said:
Need ur help and guidance.

Entered Canada in May and Applied for Inland PR in May2014, got AOR with filenumber in August. Applied for Visa Extenstion in second week of Sept( used paper app), haven't received any confirmation?. Is there anything to wrry.? please suggest. My stay is valid till November 9th from my entry date on visitor visa.

Should I contact CIC or wait? CIC website says atleast 2 months for VV extenstion..

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PixieDuster said:
Looks like we're in similar situations. My husband graduated with his PhD from a Canadian University in 2012, and is two-thirds the way through his PGWP (post-graduate work permit). It expires the Fall of 2015. And, with the way this silly Inland process looks like it's going, I have no guarantee that he'll have PR by then. Whereas the Paris office is actually closer to FULL PR in about 5 months! Insane.

My only concern is whether we'd receive a refund and the full package back - all the documents required had cost a pretty penny to be translated. Does anyone have any advice for this? I've done a cursory search of the forum, but there really isn't too much on it.
Why not apply for FSW or CEC for your husband? PhDs are eligible for that and with a job offer ready, it will put him higher in the eligibility rank. He will be able to extend his WP once he reaches certain stage. Another process to consider outside inland spousal PR.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
chakrab said:
Why not apply for FSW or CEC for your husband? PhDs are eligible for that and with a job offer ready, it will put him higher in the eligibility rank. He will be able to extend his WP once he reaches certain stage. Another process to consider outside inland spousal PR.
Yes, well, that WAS our plan... we waited a year and a half after his graduation to see if he would GET a job offer. And nothing.

If anyone knows of anyone hiring entry-level PhD Material Chemists...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
vik999 said:
Entered Canada in May and Applied for Inland PR in May2014, got AOR with filenumber in August. Applied for Visa Extenstion in second week of Sept( used paper app), haven't received any confirmation?. Is there anything to wrry.? please suggest. My stay is valid till November 9th from my entry date on visitor visa.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

They are processing applications received August 8, 2014 as of the last update. so I'd say you shouldn't worry until mid-November. Just keep watching the processing time.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
vik999 said:
Need ur help and guidance.

Should I contact CIC or wait? CIC website says atleast 2 months for VV extenstion..
If it helps, had applied for an extension on August 12th and received it on October 24th

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seriously CIC, WTF are you doing.

14 months is shocking, why are they not doing anything about this ffs.

daniellanogli

Jan 13, 2014
Thunder Bay ON - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
For those living in Ontario. :D

Do you guys know that you can get a government-issued identification (Ontario Photo Card)? It has your legal name, photo, date of birth and signature on it. You can also put your married name on it if you want to.

I didn't knew it, I was carrying my passport everywhere that needed an ID, because it was my only "official document". That's why I decided to share that information with you guys.

To get the Ontario Photo Card is super easy, It costs only $35 dollars and it is valid for five years. After applying you get it by mail in a couple weeks.

For more details you can access the following link:
https://www.ontario.ca/government/ontario-photo-card

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
daniellanogli said:

Do you guys know that you can get a government-issued identification (Ontario Photo Card)? It has your legal name, photo, date of birth and signature on it. You can also put your married name on it if you want to.

I didn't knew it, I was carrying my passport everywhere that needed an ID, because it was my only "official document". That's why I decided to share that information with you guys.

To get the Ontario Photo Card is super easy, It costs only $35 dollars and it is valid for five years. After applying you get it by mail in a couple weeks.

That sounds like a great idea Daniella, but on the website it says:
You can apply for an Ontario Photo Card if you:

do not drive
are a resident of Ontario, and
are 16 years of age and older

How does that work if you are not yet a resident then??

daniellanogli

Jan 13, 2014
Thunder Bay ON - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
ACS said:
That sounds like a great idea Daniella, but on the website it says:
You can apply for an Ontario Photo Card if you:

do not drive
are a resident of Ontario, and
are 16 years of age and older

How does that work if you are not yet a resident then??

Hi ACS!

I applied for mine yesterday, they don't even ask anything about your status in Canada. They want to know if you are currently living in Ontario when applying for the Photo Card, because it has to have a valid address on it. It was really super easy.

The only thing you need to bring for the Service Ontario is you passport, they not even look at your visa. They just want to make sure your personal information is right.

I think it is a good thing to have! You can even travel within Canada using only this ID, no need for passport any more :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
daniellanogli said:

There is a same thing in BC, the BCID card, but for that you need to have a visitor visa which is valid for more than 6 months.

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
Hi everyone!i need your advise please. I got married last october 11,2014 and my husband is planning to sponsor me. We both live in canada. I work as a live in caregiver and i still have 8months to complete the 2 years but my husband wanta to process my application. What should I do?should i use my live in caregiver to apply for open work permit or put it in the same envelope with the pr application. Our relationship is genuine. We have joint bank account, life insurance, phone call records, he also put me in his rrsp benefits and in mine him as well, we also have a reception after our wedding with 120 guests. We do it in the community centre and we have proofs of our reservation. We also do bridal shower. And should i change my name on my passport?also should we pay the pr application processing fee and landing fee at the same time and also do the medical before we submit the applications

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
josephinecudisal said:
Hi everyone!i need your advise please. I got married last october 11,2014 and my husband is planning to sponsor me. We both live in canada. I work as a live in caregiver and i still have 8months to complete the 2 years but my husband wanta to process my application. What should I do?should i use my live in caregiver to apply for open work permit or put it in the same envelope with the pr application. Our relationship is genuine. We have joint bank account, life insurance, phone call records, he also put me in his rrsp benefits and in mine him as well, we also have a reception after our wedding with 120 guests. We do it in the community centre and we have proofs of our reservation. We also do bridal shower. And should i change my name on my passport?also should we pay the pr application processing fee and landing fee at the same time and also do the medical before we submit the applications
If i were yoi finish the 8 months under LCP, apply for OWP and wait for the OWP approval then apply for INLAND SPONSORSHIP for PR but it will take forever. The stage 1 processing will take 14 months and the CIC is working on Aug. 8 2013 application thats the only initial assessment and after 14 months you need to wait for 8 months for decision made.

So the best choice here is to apply OWP under LCP. Sp while waiting for PR you can work

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
I did the math, averaging the processing times I've been seeing on the site for 2014.
CIC is taking an average of 6.5 days to move the "working on applications received [DATE]" by 1 day. So time is passing 6.5x faster than they are processing.

Every month in 2014 has seen a 3/4 month increase in processing time.

So, taking that dismal rate into account (a rate based on 10 months of statistics so far) my application will start being worked on in 4.5 years.

Does anyone know why they're performing so incredibly poorly? Has there been some kind of staffing disaster?
In talking to some people at my MP's office I'm hearing a lot of different things, ranging from an unexpected flood of applications, a strike, and the processing center moving buildings.

We pay for this service in advance, they can't possibly be under-funded.
Is it like any other part of the government, always on strike, several months of vacation, essentially closed during summer and winter months?

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
GustavesF said:
I did the math, averaging the processing times I've been seeing on the site for 2014.
CIC is taking an average of 6.5 days to move the "working on applications received [DATE]" by 1 day. So time is passing 6.5x faster than they are processing.

Every month in 2014 has seen a 3/4 month increase in processing time.

So, taking that dismal rate into account (a rate based on 10 months of statistics so far) my application will start being worked on in 4.5 years.

Does anyone know why they're performing so incredibly poorly? Has there been some kind of staffing disaster?
In talking to some people at my MP's office I'm hearing a lot of different things, ranging from an unexpected flood of applications, a strike, and the processing center moving buildings.

We pay for this service in advance, they can't possibly be under-funded.
Is it like any other part of the government, always on strike, several months of vacation, essentially closed during summer and winter months?
Hi GustavesF,

From what we've seen here, there was hardly any movement on applications from the beginning of the year until August. That's when there came a whole slew of AORs (Acknowledgement of Receipt) sent out, and now we're seeing more constant movement on the AIP (Approval in Principle) front. (I saw someone post a theory that, for whatever reason, there was a period of 6 months with absolutely no progress. Ugh.) Check out the Inland Applications 2013 thread for the latest dates being granted AIP.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
PixieDuster said:
My only concern is whether we'd receive a refund and the full package back - all the documents required had cost a pretty penny to be translated. Does anyone have any advice for this? I've done a cursory search of the forum, but there really isn't too much on it.
We applied inland at the end of June and decided to withdraw the application in September. We will be submitting our outland application today if all goes well. Will you get a refund? I got this in writing from CIC:

"The CPC will review your request and let you know if it has been accepted. Please note that if a final decision has been made, the withdrawal request will not be accepted and you will have to respect your sponsorship obligations.

If your withdrawal request is accepted, a refund should be issued within 16 weeks.

The amount of the refund will depend on the processing stage of your application:

If the processing of your application has not yet started, you will be refunded the total amount.
If the processing of your application has started, but we have not made a decision on your eligibility to sponsor, you will be refunded the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) and all processing fees, but not the $75 sponsorship fee.
If the processing of your application has started and we have already made a decision on your eligibility to sponsor, only the RPRF will be refunded"

We paid the full fees upfront and in our case we should get everything except for the $75 sponsorship fee. I called CIC 6 weeks after withdrawal as I hadn't heard from them and I was told that "we have your email requesting it but nothing has been done about it". (Of course not). So bear in mind that you will not get a refund 16 weeks after you withdraw, it's more like 16 weeks after they decide to work on the withdrawal. All I can tell you is that if we haven't received our money back by January, I will be raising hell.

Will you get the initial application package back? No. It's funny how they don't hesitate to send it back if a form happens to be 1 second out of date, but when it comes to an application that they will no longer be working on, they'll just shred the whole thing. So you're gonna have to start gathering all your documents again. As for the translations, ask your translator if they can re-issue your documents (a re-issue is cheaper than a brand new translation).

Hope this helps, and despite all the hassle I still think it's worth it to re-apply outland if you're visa exempt.