AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Also - reading the new PR inland guide (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp) still has this:
"Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

Important information. Applicants who wish to be able to continue to work and study in Canada must submit an application for extension before the work or study permit expires."

and
"For out-of-status applicants:
Under “Other” type in “Out of status, requires restoration”;"

So it seems visa status doesn't matter still for inland, and the only change is that you can't keep working unless you separately apply for a work permit extension.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
automaton82 said:
Hm, but the main advantage to being able to include an OWP was that if AIP took a long time, you had implied status until the OWP was processed. But, you can't apply for OWP until you have AIP, which means that now, if someone goes out of status before AIP, they're screwed and have to apply for a renewal of whatever visa they currently have, and potentially an OWP after (if that's even still allowed).

Which basically means it's the same as applying outland, except it takes a lot longer. So I'm not sure what the advantage to applying inland will be anymore.
Why would you think that? OWP with application does not grant you "implied status" in the way you think. It grants you "implied status" after your visa stay expires. So as long as you submit your extensions before your stay expires, you would then get "implied status" when your stay expires until you either get AIP or a decision on your extension is made. Which ever comes first. When AIP arrives, only then can you legally apply for OWP anyway.

The only advantage to submitting OWP with application is getting OWP approved simultaneously with AIP approval. With the new change if confirmed, would be that you apply online and get approved 10 days later. A small inconvenient but no difference from those who didn't submit owp with app.

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
**BIG UPDATE FROM THE CIC***

Anyone being sponsored by a Canadian spouse or common-law partner, listen up. On January 15, 2014, the government changed the processing stream of IN CANADA CLASS spousal and common-law sponsorship applications. These are now to be sent to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. The Case Processing Centre in Vegreville will no longer be processing these applications. AND, you can no longer include an application for an Open Work Permit or Visitor Extension WITH your sponsorship and PR applications. CPC Mississauga will let you know when or if you can apply for the OWP and you must submit visitor extensions separately to Vegreville. There is no longer any possibility of being able to continue working on implied status by including the OWP application with the PR application. This applies ONLY to those who have NOT submitted your application yet. Those who have already submitted your applications do not need to worry about this

**Unconfirmed**
Whoa... I hope CIC gets this straight by posting thru their website like an official annoucement of some sort...

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
msgoodvibes said:
Whoa... I hope CIC gets this straight by posting thru their website like an official annoucement of some sort...

Yes.. I really hope they officially announce about this soon.. It's kind of weird that you can get informed about the new OWP rule only by calling them...

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Hi everyone,
I am so glad that i found this forum. I have read this thread and found useful information! thanks for sharing your experience.
I am also applying to become a PR and my husband is sponsoring me. i have a question about UCI. previously, because i am a phd student, i applied as a skilled worker and my application was rejected. i received a UCI before when i applied as a skilled worker. should i include that in my application now? does UCI ever change? thanks a lot!

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Tilikun said:
Where did you find this info ? What about the ones that just want to send more supporting documents ?

Anyone being sponsored by a Canadian spouse or common-law partner, listen up. On January 15, 2014, the government changed the processing stream of IN CANADA CLASS spousal and common-law sponsorship applications. These are now to be sent to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. The Case Processing Centre in Vegreville will no longer be processing these applications. AND, you can no longer include an application for an Open Work Permit or Visitor Extension WITH your sponsorship and PR applications. CPC Mississauga will let you know when or if you can apply for the OWP and you must submit visitor extensions separately to Vegreville. There is no longer any possibility of being able to continue working on implied status by including the OWP application with the PR application. This applies ONLY to those who have NOT submitted your application yet. Those who have already submitted your applications do not need to worry about this

**Unconfirmed**
Hey guys, I just called CIC about this issue , and people like us that already sent the application to Vegreville will be OK sending additional supporting documents ( if we have to) and OWP app to the same CPC-Veg in case we didn't send it along with the original PR app.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
mary63 said:
Hi everyone,
I am so glad that i found this forum. I have read this thread and found useful information! thanks for sharing your experience.
I am also applying to become a PR and my husband is sponsoring me. i have a question about UCI. previously, because i am a phd student, i applied as a skilled worker and my application was rejected. i received a UCI before when i applied as a skilled worker. should i include that in my application now? does UCI ever change? thanks a lot!
Yes , you have to include it , because it will never change

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
Tilikun said:

**Unconfirmed**
Hey guys, I just called CIC about this issue , and people like us that already sent the application to Vegreville will be OK sending additional supporting documents ( if we have to) and OWP app to the same CPC-Veg in case we didn't send it along with the original PR app.
Yey!!! What a relief! You're an angel for calling CIC. Thank you! :-*

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
hwanlj said:
Yes.. I really hope they officially announce about this soon.. It's kind of weird that you can get informed about the new OWP rule only by calling them...
It's like we're crawling in the dark...

But yeah, an angel called cic today and clarified (see earlier posts)... We're fine as long as we sent then papers before the update in address. That sounds reasonable.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
I'm still realllllly curious abut what's gonna happen to we who have not yet applied. fingers crossed.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
It does sound confusing! Hopefully things will solve and not be too complicated for you!!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Tilikun said:

**Unconfirmed**
Thanks for calling and confirming!

I have a feeling they will be somewhat relaxed about the address for a few weeks, because there's no way most people would have noticed this incredibly subtle change...

Anyone have bets on whether CPC Mississauga will be faster or slower than vegreville?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
automaton82 said:
Anyone have bets on whether CPC Mississauga will be faster or slower than vegreville?
I think Vegreville will be faster because they want to get rid of the applications they have AND Mississauga will be faster because they don't need to deal with old cases :D

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
msbozick said:
I'm still realllllly curious abut what's gonna happen to we who have not yet applied. fingers crossed.
Dontcha worry.. You'll be fine.. Just double check everything before sending your app. Make sure your forms are the latest and yes, check the cic's mailing address too :) Good luck!

Sincey

Dec 30, 2013
I just received today the AOR from Vegreville.
allowing us to continue with MICC and request to submit an application for CSQ.