+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

XiningMAMA

Aug 20, 2012
Ponga said:
If you applied in Sep 2013 and were approved as the sponsor in Oct 2013 (even though you wrote Oct 2014), there's no way this was an Inland application. You must have filed an Outland application while you were `waiting' Inland (in Canada).
I feel like an idiot, but yes I think we must have applied outland, in the end. My husband, like I said, is American and we live within 10 miles of the US border on the Canada side. We sent in his application once his work in Asia was complete. He did find some temporary and part time work in the US in the meantime and had a temporary visitor visa to live with us in Canada. Sorry for the confusion, folks. Our correspondence has been with the office in Ottawa.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
XiningMAMA said:
I feel like an idiot, but yes I think we must have applied outland, in the end. My husband, like I said, is American and we live within 10 miles of the US border on the Canada side. We sent in his application once his work in Asia was complete. He did find some temporary and part time work in the US in the meantime and had a temporary visitor visa to live with us in Canada. Sorry for the confusion, folks. Our correspondence has been with the office in Ottawa.
Yeah, you did apply OUTLAND, so your timeline is well within a normal processing time for them. As to your previous question, you should get his COPR in the mail within 2 weeks or so at the address that was given on the initial application. All he need to do then is cross into the US and back to Canada to officially land as a PR.

Congratulations for making it to the finish line! :D

shilru

Jun 2, 2013
i have been reading this forum for a long time.It was a great relief to read all your comments.i am a july 15, 2013 applicant.My sponsor (husband) got approval on june 2 ,2014 through email.,but i (applicant) did not get any response.(AIP).My lawyer told to wait and not call cic because its normal.Is it normal to have the sponsor approved but not issue AIP? Has anyone gone through the same issue before? Guys,please help...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
shilru said:
i have been reading this forum for a long time.It was a great relief to read all your comments.i am a july 15, 2013 applicant.My sponsor (husband) got approval on june 2 ,2014 through email.,but i (applicant) did not get any response.(AIP).My lawyer told to wait and not call cic because its normal.Is it normal to have the sponsor approved but not issue AIP? Has anyone gone through the same issue before? Guys,please help...
Yes, very normal. When my husband was approved, he got an email (via our consultant) about being approved, I never received the actual AIP letter from them. I called a few weeks after he received his approval letter and they emailed me another AIP approval. Granted, I lost a few weeks, because they didn't back date it (I needed it for OHIP) but it wasn't a big deal. If you must have it, then call CIC and ask them to reissue the email if they would be so kind, but if you don't require it for some other kind of paperwork, it is not really a necessity.

Good luck.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
shilru said:
What did the letter say in your husbands email?

shilru

Jun 2, 2013
Alurra71 said:
Yes, very normal. When my husband was approved, he got an email (via our consultant) about being approved, I never received the actual AIP letter from them. I called a few weeks after he received his approval letter and they emailed me another AIP approval. Granted, I lost a few weeks, because they didn't back date it (I needed it for OHIP) but it wasn't a big deal. If you must have it, then call CIC and ask them to reissue the email if they would be so kind, but if you don't require it for some other kind of paperwork, it is not really a necessity.

Good luck.
Thanks Alurra 71 for the fast reply.Is it possible that they have approved my husband(sponsor) but then sent the application to the local office for interview?

shilru

Jun 2, 2013
robytheron5506 said:
What did the letter say in your husbands email?
Dear sponsor name,

This refers to the application to sponsor a member of the spouse or common law partner in Canada class you submitted to this office on behalf of applicant name

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.The application for permanent evidence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he /she will be contacted shortly.

Then all the responsibilities of my sponsor in 2 pages

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
shilru said:
Dear sponsor name,

This refers to the application to sponsor a member of the spouse or common law partner in Canada class you submitted to this office on behalf of applicant name

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.The application for permanent evidence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he /she will be contacted shortly.

Then all the responsibilities of my sponsor in 2 pages
Congrats you will soon receive the decision made email I think If you included both police and medical with your application, but the letter your husband received is the AIP

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
robytheron5506 said:
Congrats you will soon receive the decision made email I think If you included both police and medical with your application, but the letter your husband received is the AIP
That's what I though at first, but I believe the AIP letters other people have been getting are worded differently. Maybe the applicant will get another email soon.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
AchankengCrawford said:
I was informed by an immigration reporter that 3% of inland spousal sponsorships are deemed fraudulent and that another 12% are denied. I'm not sure why the other 12% are denied, but my best guess is that the couple is ineligible (owes an immigration loan, common-law for less than a year, under 18, had sponsored a different spouse within the past five years, legally married to someone else, criminal inadmissibility, etc.) or possibly they don't have enough proof?
When they announced the conditional PR, the numbers were 6% of Inland and 17% of Outland applications were refused. The implication of the article was that CIC considered them all to be marriages of convenience (but it was a press release...)

The most common reason for refusal of the applicant (other than relationship considerations) is criminality issues. Even prior deportations can be overcome by requesting an ARC and paying back any money owed.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Alurra71 said:
Yeah, you did apply OUTLAND, so your timeline is well within a normal processing time for them. As to your previous question, you should get his COPR in the mail within 2 weeks or so at the address that was given on the initial application. All he need to do then is cross into the US and back to Canada to officially land as a PR.
Tell him to make sure he gets an entry stamp when going into the US. I've heard multiple cases of people being sent back by CBSA because they want evidence you've been outside of Canada (they don't want people just coming to the border to process their paperwork without really having left Canada.)

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi All,
My spouse got her Canadian citizenship like 15years ago, she can't really remember the date, is there a way she can obtain the date and exact year and also her client ID?
Thanks all

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
computergeek said:
When they announced the conditional PR, the numbers were 6% of Inland and 17% of Outland applications were refused. The implication of the article was that CIC considered them all to be marriages of convenience (but it was a press release...)

The most common reason for refusal of the applicant (other than relationship considerations) is criminality issues. Even prior deportations can be overcome by requesting an ARC and paying back any money owed.
6% is so low. All the more reason for CIC to give OWPs at AOR.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brazilian Canadian said:
I understand we are all frustrate with how long this process has been the last couple of years.
But I don't think they would ever grant OWP at AOR, or would open precedence for fraud, people wanting just the OWP right way.
The problem here is that AIP is taking just too long to be processed, and could be a very short stage, just like AIP for outland.
It's just a 1st stage approval, more or less a quick screening if both parts can be accepted to the process.
It would be reasonable to take from 2 months to 4 months for 1st stage, 11 months is just uncooperative.
AIP for Outland (known as Sponsor Approval, or SA) is NOT the same as AIP for Inland.

AIP is also the initial assessment of the relationship; not just the approval of the sponsor.