+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
just get off phone call to cic agent, she said my file alrdy in cpc-m and maybe around April 17 will make decision ( i think she mean aip/dm/tranfer to local ,whatever they gonna make decision, just descision) and i got my own UCI number ...i didn't know i have one ..
FYI. i think i wrote down wrong number ! i can't login

Jan 13, 2014
Tilikun said:
I'm impressed that you don't know this . When they transfer you to a local office before giving you AIP is because they have doubts about if your relation is genuine and they need to conduct a personal interview to both of you before giving you AIP . Unfortunately it takes a long time for them to schedule interview ( a year or 2 ) . But maybe if you would've sent letters ,faxes to Montreal local office about your situation ,, maybe they would have called you for interview before all this happened (although ,I never heard of stories like this , but I just think that) .
I'm looking at the 2013 spreadsheet and seems like for the majority of people the time from AOR to AIP is well within a year, usually 250-300 days. At the same time I see quite some number of people in this thread that did receive a letter saying their application has been transferred. So it doesn't seem to me that it takes a 1-2 years to schedule an interview.. Why do you think so?
For someone whose application has been transferred to CPC-M, how long did it take them to schedule an interview?

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
georgekronberg said:
I'm looking at the 2013 spreadsheet and seems like for the majority of people the time from AOR to AIP is well within a year, usually 250-300 days. At the same time I see quite some number of people in this thread that did receive a letter saying their application has been transferred. So it doesn't seem to me that it takes a 1-2 years to schedule an interview.. Why do you think so?
For someone whose application has been transferred to CPC-M, how long did it take them to schedule an interview?
Hi! You seem to be a little confuse. Yes, it takes around a year to get aip in our cases cuz last year there was a strike at cic or something that delayed our applications. Now, the waiting time in their website for AIP is only 8 months.
The files (people here) that had been transfer to CPC-M are not been transfer for an interview, they are transfer cuz CPC-Vegreville no longer processes inland sponsorship applications, now thats CPC-Missisauga's job and so, all applications from july-august 2013 and after are been transfer to Missisauga, it doesnt mean that they will have an interview there.

When your file is transfer to your local office (Office Montreal, Vancouver, Halifax, Kitchener, etc) before getting AIP is, as @Tilikun said, because CIC has doubts on the relationship and so, they transfer the file to an office closest to you to schedule an interview for the couple, the waiting time for an interview before AIP depends on the office and can not be calculated into the 8 months of waiting that CIC says, some people had waited a year for an interview in the bussiest offices, some others had been faster.

If a senior has a say here, please correct me,

Good luck and God bless!

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
What is the average length of time from AIP until DM?

jenny12345 said:
Its simple. You submit an inland spousal sponsorship application with an open work permit , this gives you implied status. You wait for AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) email , and then wait for emails for sponsor and applicant after 6 months of sending forms. this is AIP (approval in principle) and your open work permit will be sent after a few days in the mail. 2nd stage begins where they do criminal security and background check. Right now it is 8 months from AIP but can be sooner. They will send you a letter to go to your local CIC for finalization where they will ask you 2 or 3 questions (have you been deported.refused entry, have you done any crimes) then they will send out the permanent resident card. You are advised not to leave Canada till you get the pr card and you should not work till you get the open work permit. Hope this clears it out for you. The only thing you have to worry about is if they transfer your file to local office before AIP this means they have doubts on relationship and will require an interview, some people here wait 2-3 years for an interview depending on your local office. Etobicoke seems fast and Edmonton seems the slowest
Answered my own question, thank you very much jenny12345 for the information :D

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
georgekronberg said:
No , that's not the transfer I'm talking about , CPC -M is just the new designated processing center for inland sponsorship , that's why they're transferring all of our apps there . A transfer to a Local office is what means a long long time to wait for personal interview .

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Guys , anyone know the different between sending the package through Courier address (no public drop-offs) 2 Robert Speck Parkway, and the other method CPC-Mississauga ?
We just have our new baby born , where do we send our file ; Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children or Spouse and Common-law Partner (currently living in Canada)?
Thanks a lot

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
Cirene said:
I know it's hard to wait guys (trust me on that one) but I'm pretty sure everything will be fine soon, as far as I know CPCM is faster than CPCV ever was and if the files are being transferred they must have enough officers to deal with all the applications. We should stay positive no matter what..

And seems like CPCV has stopped working on July-August-ETC.. applicants just to finish with the applicants that were left begin (like a bunch of us)!
Am I right to assume from your note above then that CPC V will prioritize it's older files first? Or does that have nothing to do with it?
My AOR was April 15, 2013.

Jan 13, 2014
MaxLet said:
When your file is transfer to your local office (Office Montreal, Vancouver, Halifax, Kitchener, etc) before getting AIP is, as @ Tilikun said, because CIC has doubts on the relationship and so, they transfer the file to an office closest to you to schedule an interview for the couple, the waiting time for an interview before AIP depends on the office and can not be calculated into the 8 months of waiting that CIC says, some people had waited a year for an interview in the bussiest offices, some others had been faster.
Tilikun said:
No , that's not the transfer I'm talking about , CPC -M is just the new designated processing center for inland sponsorship , that's why they're transferring all of our apps there . A transfer to a Local office is what means a long long time to wait for personal interview .
Thanks for clearing that up!
What's the local office for those who live in Toronto, though? It's it the same CPC-M office? Or there's one right in Toronto?
And if it's the same, how do I know (is there a way to know?) why our application has been transferred?
I'll look at the exact wording of the letter tonight, can post a scan (without sensitive information) so that everyone has a reference of what it means:)

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
georgekronberg said:
Thanks for clearing that up!
What's the local office for those who live in Toronto, though? It's it the same CPC-M office? Or there's one right in Toronto?
And if it's the same, how do I know (is there a way to know?) why our application has been transferred?
I'll look at the exact wording of the letter tonight, can post a scan (without sensitive information) so that everyone has a reference of what it means:)
In your area , your local offices are St Clair and Scarborough I think , CPC is different than local offices.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
zxy1 said:
Hello everyone, I need some urgent help. Your advice and suggestions will mean a lot. Here is my thing, my spousal application was received on 29 Oct 2013 and I got AOR on 28 Nov 2013. I was a refugee claimant and I had my refugee hearing on 8 Oct 2013, six days after I got married.
Today I got a mail from IRB that they have denied my refugee claim and it does not state anything about leaving the country, its just the documents suggesting why they have denied my case. It says that I can apply in Federal Court for judicial review.

Few days ago I received mail from CIC informing me that my file has been transferred to Mississauga office. As far as timing goes, should I apply for a judicial review of my refugee claim to buy time until we receive first stage approval of our sponsorship application? How long does it usually take for the IRB to issue a departure order?

Does any one know if I have grounds to stay once a departure order has been issued if I am in the process of applying for sponsorship?

I'm hoping someone might have an answer to whether or not I still have time for my sponsorship to be approved before I will be forced to leave the country as a failed refugee applicant.

Thank you - a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated as we have only 15 days to apply for judicial review.
I think you have time to wait for AIP , but you gotta make sure you sent all kinds of proof about your relationship ,keep sending as much as you can , because you're red flagged already and could get a potential transfer to local office ,like Chebas did . And that would give enough time to CBSA to contact you and try to put you on a airplane .

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Spikey92 said:
YES our appointment is on the 12th as well :D But at 2:30 pm.

I was wondering the same about the immigration documents. Im thinking they mean current visas,workpermit everything that CIC issued to you in the past up to now.
But Id greatly appreciate it if somebody could shed some light on it.
Called CIC yesterday and they said that the Immigration Documents meant past work permits/study permits/visas. So you had the right idea, Spikey. In my husband's case, that's quite a few documents. I'm also bringing several pieces of photo ID as the agent said that it depends on who the agent is when they look at all the papers that you present - some will accept the driver's license and passport and some will not. Also, in case, I'm bringing proof of relationship including gov cheques that show the same address, insurance papers, leases and life insurance. They didn't mention to bring the receipt for the fees paid, but I will bring that as well. I'd rather be over-prepared than under prepared.

Not sure about the PR card application process though - is that something CIC will do through the local office after the interview or are we supposed to submit all the papers on our own?

Already super nervous! :p I'm more nervous than my husband is and this has been a long time coming for him.
Haha.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Canuck*soon said:
What is the average length of time from AIP until DM?
CIC website says 8 months ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp ), but if you look at the spreadsheet ( https://docs.google.com/a/the-family-centre.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc#gid=0 ) quite a few people who sent in their medicals at the same time as their application got their AIP and DM together.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Tilikun said:
I think you have time to wait for AIP , but you gotta make sure you sent all kinds of proof about your relationship ,keep sending as much as you can , because you're red flagged already and could get a potential transfer to local office ,like Chebas did . And that would give enough time to CBSA to contact you and try to put you on a airplane .
I don't think it's so much sending more additional proof about the relationship. That doesn't stop CBSA from issuing a removal order. Presumably the applicant has already sent enough proof.

To prevent a removal order from CSBA you have get legal status back. So either doing it as a refugee or completing a restoration of status and become a visitor in Canada while they wait for the results of their application.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
zxy1 said:
Hello everyone, I need some urgent help. Your advice and suggestions will mean a lot. Here is my thing, my spousal application was received on 29 Oct 2013 and I got AOR on 28 Nov 2013. I was a refugee claimant and I had my refugee hearing on 8 Oct 2013, six days after I got married.
Today I got a mail from IRB that they have denied my refugee claim and it does not state anything about leaving the country, its just the documents suggesting why they have denied my case. It says that I can apply in Federal Court for judicial review.

Few days ago I received mail from CIC informing me that my file has been transferred to Mississauga office. As far as timing goes, should I apply for a judicial review of my refugee claim to buy time until we receive first stage approval of our sponsorship application? How long does it usually take for the IRB to issue a departure order?

Does any one know if I have grounds to stay once a departure order has been issued if I am in the process of applying for sponsorship?

I'm hoping someone might have an answer to whether or not I still have time for my sponsorship to be approved before I will be forced to leave the country as a failed refugee applicant.

Thank you - a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated as we have only 15 days to apply for judicial review.
Did you also submit an Open Work Permit application when you submit your Sponsorship Application? If you did, you should have implied status. But, having a refugee application denied always raises red flags, so I would get yourself a good lawyer, if you don't have one already.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Smsm81 said:
Guys , anyone know the different between sending the package through Courier address (no public drop-offs) 2 Robert Speck Parkway, and the other method CPC-Mississauga ?
We just have our new baby born , where do we send our file ; Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children or Spouse and Common-law Partner (currently living in Canada)?
Thanks a lot
The other addresses are POBoxes , and at 2 R S parkway there is a human who can sign when receiving your documents , I couldn't tell you which way would be faster for your documents to be match with the rest of your app.