Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2013
Congratulations sweetpea!! Feels so good to check in here and see people getting good news. Here's to an extra happy Friday for many more! ;D

kenalawaj

Nov 19, 2013
Hey guys I just got my open work permit in the mail!!1...yayyy!!..I'm soo excited!! ;D :D ....I got AIP last friday & Open work permit today!!...I love Friday's even more now!!

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Hi everyone :) Congrats to everyone who have received their AIP/OWP/DM. I am excited to see that some of the 2013 applicants are already waiting for landing interviews. I wonder why some people get both AIP and DM at the same time and why others have to wait so long for the next step. You'd think that a case like mine (German, university student in Canada, no dependents) should be pretty straight forward, but who knows what they're doing. I have been kind of "following" another German applicant on this forum who has sent her application and received AIP shortly before me, but it seems like she hasn't heard anything, either.

Do you think it makes a difference for married couples? Or do they prioritize cases where the applicant doesn't have a valid visa? Just some stuff going around in my head.. I am incredibly impatient!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
kenalawaj said:
Hey guys I just got my open work permit in the mail!!1...yayyy!!..I'm soo excited!! ;D :D ....I got AIP last friday & Open work permit today!!...I love Friday's even more now!!
Congrats on getting OWP.I have updated the spreadsheet. When did you receive AOR? Did you send PCC and medicals with app.?

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Hi Guys,

So my OWP was sent to my old address despite updating my address on ECAS and calling the CIC call center to verify but I spoke to some lady last time and she apologized and said she fixed the whole address issue. So now my question is does anyone know if I can go to CBSA and show them my AIP+DM+OWP approval letter if I can be printed and given a new one or even if go to Vergeville and request for a new one and get it same day I live in Calgary so I can easily go to either the CBSA or Vergeville. I went to my old house and the house is up for Sale and I was not even able to get hold of the Landlord, lady from CIC told me it will take 8 weeks to print and send new OWP for me to my new address. Any suggestions guys?? Thanks a lot. I just wanna get my OWP to start working !!

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Re: OWP for INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

To all those who have received their OWPs. Does it mention any expiry date?? Are OWP province specific or valid throughout Canada?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
UGH. Just spent my entire break at work on the phone waiting for an agent at CIC to pick up the phone. I asked her if sending in suplimentary documentation (unrequested documentation) would slow down or delay the processing of the application, she said she'd send me the email for the Vegreville office via email and to ask them and hung up. I get the email she sent me and it's just an email that says "visit our website - CPC Vegreville". No email, just mailing addresses which I could have located myself. UGH!

So now I'm worried that sending supplimentary information at this stage will delay the application - we are so close too! And she made me nervous because she said that "they have the information they need to make a decision." UGH! Not sure if that means they have all they asked for in the application or that they've already made a decision! Stressing out!

Would they have already set up an interview for us if that was the case? Today is Friday, I'm not supposed to be this high strung!

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Line.a said:
Thank you, i hope so too.. It is beyond exciting to see everyone getting their approvals so fast now. But i am starting to worry we may be called for an interview or something like it :)
I think you would get called in earlier if that was an issue, like Dawlex (AOR in feb, interview in may)! Take it easy and look forward to your AIP :D

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
kenalawaj said:
Does it have an expiration? Thanks!

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Thanks for all the greetings guys! I hope everyone get their AIPs DMs OWP very soon! :D

kenalawaj

Nov 19, 2013
guri3577 said:
Congrats on getting OWP.I have updated the spreadsheet. When did you receive AOR? Did you send PCC and medicals with app.?
Hey I didn't receive my AOR..I'm guessing it was a system glitch or something...I sent my police certificate with my app but not the medical....I did do my medical on the 14th of november though...The dmp used the emedical system so hopefully they get it soon!

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
UGH. Just spent my entire break at work on the phone waiting for an agent at CIC to pick up the phone. I asked her if sending in suplimentary documentation (unrequested documentation) would slow down or delay the processing of the application, she said she'd send me the email for the Vegreville office via email and to ask them and hung up. I get the email she sent me and it's just an email that says "visit our website - CPC Vegreville". No email, just mailing addresses which I could have located myself. UGH!

So now I'm worried that sending supplimentary information at this stage will delay the application - we are so close too! And she made me nervous because she said that "they have the information they need to make a decision." UGH! Not sure if that means they have all they asked for in the application or that they've already made a decision! Stressing out!

Would they have already set up an interview for us if that was the case? Today is Friday, I'm not supposed to be this high strung!
Hi I spoke to a Immigration Lawyer about that and she said its a good idea to update our file as the process is so long now. We sent evidence to show our ongoing relationship. My partner wasn't working at the time of sending our application so we felt it was important to show he has been working. We also sent more bills with proof of address, photos and a letter saying that we are voluntarily adding more evidence of our ongoing relationship. In total I feel I have done everything in my power now to give cic a solid file (medical/paid all fees/lots of evidence ect) So Im aiming from AIP and DM. Also when I called CIC also regarding sending more information - she told us its not a bad thing to do and its our file so we can do what we like. In my opinion it will only make your file stronger.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
It is sooo quiet here today. I hope next week brings lots of good news for us. Cheering for all feb applicants and the rest of January's. Have a great weekend!