+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Windsor12

Nov 23, 2013
Hello,

This is our first post. My wife and I are April 2013 Inland applicants. Hers TRV expires at the end of the year.
I think we need to apply for the extension. Can this be done on-line? The first extension was done by mailing the application.
We didn't apply for OWP (not sure if that is relevant for the advise I'm seeking) with her application.
Also, her passport expires in July 2014. We expect her new passport to arrive at the end of Dec or early January.
At that point I'll try to update her TRV application. Does this approach make sense and is it doable. Please advise.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
trana said:
Oops. Apologies on my misleading info. I must have done something wrong when I tried to change my address online then. :(
No prob -:) we all know we all just want to help thus we share whatever info we know. Have a great weekend again ;)

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
gomdori said:
Hello,

I have received my AIP and DM very recently. Thank you so much for such sweet congratulations last time.
I hope everything goes well with everyone here who are waiting for their news.

I have a few questions again in regard to the Right of Permanent Residence Fee:

This is the paragraph I have scraped from the pdf (attached via my email) document I have received:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation of
permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be prepared
to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be paid online at cic. You must print a
receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in ( ) when you are
scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have paid $490 through cic website and am keeping the receipt of it.

Questions are:

(1) Given that I have paid $490 through cic website, should I separately notify the local office that
I have paid $490 through cic website, (like, by sending my receipt via email) while waiting for the
final interview appointment?
In other words, am I good now? (without doing anything further?)

(2) How long usually does it take to be scheduled for final interview to obtain your confirmation of
PR in the local office since the DM?

Please help. Once again, I hope everyone gets their good news very shortly!
Congrat for your AIP and DM, I think you give the reciept in the final interview, when do you send your application? And you paied fees (490$) after DM or before!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Windsor12 said:
Hello,

This is our first post. My wife and I are April 2013 Inland applicants. Hers TRV expires at the end of the year.
I think we need to apply for the extension. Can this be done on-line? The first extension was done by mailing the application.
We didn't apply for OWP (not sure if that is relevant for the advise I'm seeking) with her application.
Also, her passport expires in July 2014. We expect her new passport to arrive at the end of Dec or early January.
At that point I'll try to update her TRV application. Does this approach make sense and is it doable. Please advise.
Hello there Windsor12,

Welcome to the forum. You and your wife have three options.

1. Apply for an extension of her TVR
2. Apply for an OWP (which would give her implied status as soon as her TRV expires late this year)
3. Go out of status (according to CIC you do not longer need to be in status)

If it was me (that's just me) I'll go with option "2" not only because she gets implied status once the TRV expires but also because if her AIP is approved CIC will issue and mail her an OWP which she will be able to work.

If you decide to do the OWP here is the link (IMM5710 select OPEN WORK PERMIT WITH A NEW EMPLOYER)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

If you want to go with the extension (it's the same link) but scroll down until you see "Option 1 - Apply Online"

and If you decide to go with extension via snail mail, it's the same link but in the IMM 5710 you have to select "Initial TRP or Extension of TRP"

Hope this help you :)

If you have more questions, please ask :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Line.a said:
We're moving next week and I was just wondering;

Has any of you moved during the process, and if so did you just change the email on ECAS or did you call and tell them? :)
Pay Canada Post for forwarding service - seriously. I've read SO many people say "I updated my address" only to have their paperwork go awry, that paying the $70 or so that Canada Post charges for forwarding is a veritable bargain.

somewhatstressed

Oct 24, 2012
computergeek said:
Pay Canada Post for forwarding service - seriously. I've read SO many people say "I updated my address" only to have their paperwork go awry, that paying the $70 or so that Canada Post charges for forwarding is a veritable bargain.
I second the mail forwarding. We have ours until next may, it didnt help when they tried to post stuff to a residential address over the postal address, but that's another issue.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Tuesdayc said:
Application mailed out on Feb 6th, and reached CIC on Feb 9th. Keeping my fingers crossed now. :)

One question I have though, did anyone try to convert their international license for the provincial drivers license? I obtained my drivers license in Manitoba many years ago, but stopped renewing it for a while as I moved back home and had a Singapore license. I tried going to convert the license but they will not allow me to obtain the drivers license beyond my visa validity of 6 months. Anyone knows anyway out?

Thanks!! :)
I have a case similar to yours but I didn't know that I could convert my International License to Canadian one until late. I called the local registry and they told me that I would need to bring evidence of my previous (expired) Canadian and International License as well as any current/existing license along with a valid TRV ( at least 6 months) and evidence of marriage etc., etc....
So one needs to show that there was no break over 3 years in their driver status whether local or international.

giorjana

Oct 2, 2013
Hi, we just sent our application, if you could add us to the spreadsheet pls:
Application sent:17 Oct 2013, E-mail confirming app received 15Nov2015,
OWP request: Yes, Med's not done yet. Inland.
Congratulations to all who have received AIP and DM's.
Now the process has started for us and we are sure hoping for time to go by fast...

red_gatsby

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
applied4PR said:
I have a case similar to yours but I didn't know that I could convert my International License to Canadian one until late. I called the local registry and they told me that I would need to bring evidence of my previous (expired) Canadian and International License as well as any current/existing license along with a valid TRV ( at least 6 months) and evidence of marriage etc., etc....
So one needs to show that there was no break over 3 years in their driver status whether local or international.
OMG!! So what happens if there's a 3 year break in driver status?
I hold a Singapore International driver's license too and been in Canada for 3 years now, never drove and never knew I could convert the license..
I was always told by a friend if I wanted drive here I'd need to re-do the whole learning process and had to be citizen or pr :'(
Im now still holding TRV and was initially thinking of trying to get it converted after AIP..
So am I somehow screwed now? :'(

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Hi Guri,
I have a question about gcms notes. It has been 4 months since we sent our application and we are thinking to order the gcms notes, just to see where application stands. I am not sure if it should be my husband (the sponsor) or me, the one that submits the request for the note.

guri3577 said:
If my gcms notes mention that the officer thinks that our relationship is not genuine,I will definitely be sending more proof next month.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ortom said:
Hi Guri,
I have a question about gcms notes. It has been 4 months since we sent our application and we are thinking to order the gcms notes, just to see where application stands. I am not sure if it should be my husband (the sponsor) or me, the one that submits the request for the note.
It doesn't matter who applies for it. We haven't ordered any notes, but maybe get your husband to order them since he's the sponsor!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
ortom said:
Hi Guri,
Hey Ortom
As, Line.a mentioned any one of you can apply for it, but make sure to upload the consent form IMM5744 so that you get all the case details.
If you order the notes than the consent form will be from your spouse.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
giorjana said:
Hi, we just sent our application, if you could add us to the spreadsheet pls:
Application sent:17 Oct 2013, E-mail confirming app received 15Nov2015,
OWP request: Yes, Med's not done yet. Inland.
Congratulations to all who have received AIP and DM's.
Now the process has started for us and we are sure hoping for time to go by fast...
Hey giorjana
Welcome to the thread :)
Is Oct. 17 the date CIC received your app.? Also, did you send PCC?

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Happy Monday, all! It's officially one month until Christmas/holidays today! Hopefully a lot of us will get some good news before CIC slows down for the holiday break! :) Here's to a great week ahead!

fredou

Jul 9, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Happy Monday to all 2013 Inlanders! Let's hope that CIC will process a lot of files this week!