23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I hope somebody can help me about this situation..

Background : 2010 applicant under spousal sponsorship with dependent in Philippines.
2011-vegreville transferred file to edmonton without aip and owp. Processing time in edmonton is 24 months (i din't know if this us just 1st stage or the whole process itself) we are on our 19th month of waiting.

Current status: aporoved LMO NOC B.. Submitted work permit application for SUPERVISORY POSITION.

Now, when I receive my work permit as a skilled worker i will try to apply for a student permit for my 12 year old son in the Philippines. I don't know if this is possible but since i have this option as a skilled worker I will still try. It's been 3 years since i've last seen my son. Sad i don't know when will Edmonton office open our file again Sad this is my only hope.

What is ur opinion about this? Pros and cons? Is dual intent applicable to this situation? What should I do?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
charmainefrances said:
I hope somebody can help me about this situation..

Background : 2010 applicant under spousal sponsorship with dependent in Philippines.
2011-vegreville transferred file to edmonton without aip and owp. Processing time in edmonton is 24 months (i din't know if this us just 1st stage or the whole process itself) we are on our 19th month of waiting.

Current status: aporoved LMO NOC B.. Submitted work permit application for SUPERVISORY POSITION.

Now, when I receive my work permit as a skilled worker i will try to apply for a student permit for my 12 year old son in the Philippines. I don't know if this is possible but since i have this option as a skilled worker I will still try. It's been 3 years since i've last seen my son. Sad i don't know when will Edmonton office open our file again Sad this is my only hope.

What is ur opinion about this? Pros and cons? Is dual intent applicable to this situation? What should I do?
Dual intent is applicable in such a case, but of course they may decide your son is not likely to leave at the end of the study permit. In that case (a refusal), you could request a TRP on H&C grounds to overcome their finding of inadmissibility - it's not guaranteed, but as you point out the extended delay in processing your application (3 years and counting) is not your fault and it is not good for your child, either.

If you have a NOC B LMO, have you considered applying for AEO FSW track? Or maybe even PNP track? If you qualify, those are both independent of spousal and do not require that you do anything with your spousal application.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
computergeek said:
Dual intent is applicable in such a case, but of course they may decide your son is not likely to leave at the end of the study permit. In that case (a refusal), you could request a TRP on H&C grounds to overcome their finding of inadmissibility - it's not guaranteed, but as you point out the extended delay in processing your application (3 years and counting) is not your fault and it is not good for your child, either.

If you have a NOC B LMO, have you considered applying for AEO FSW track? Or maybe even PNP track? If you qualify, those are both independent of spousal and do not require that you do anything with your spousal application.
Thank you for your response. I can't apply for FSW/PNP yet because the requirement is to have atleast 1 year work experience under the supervisory position...

It is just so hard to prove that he will leave at the end of student permit since I am already here and his ties will be stronger here than in our home country.. :(

One of the reasons too why I want to get him immediately is that my mom and my aunt who are in charge for my son are both old already... and my mom had a stroke too and they can't take care of him anymore....

How would I request for the TRP on H&C grounds?

Thank you again!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
charmainefrances said:
How would I request for the TRP on H&C grounds?
There is a $200 fee for requesting a TRP. Some visa offices have specific forms for requesting a TRP, while others simply use the TRV form. You should review OP 20 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op20-eng.pdf) because this is the operational manual a visa officer will use when evaluating your request.

In any case, you need to provide a detailed explanation of why you are asking for the TRP. You've given some good reasons already: the application is now in its third year of processing wait time, the caregivers for your child are aging and finding it increasingly difficult to care for the child - and thus it is in the child's best interests to be with you. You've also pointed out that you will eventually qualify independently to remain in Canada (FSW/PNP) at which point you will be able to sponsor him independently anyway - so this is more a matter of awaiting the passage of time.

Review Section 5.15 for example ("Early Admission") as that would be one potential argument - that you are in "routine processing". I don't know why your application was referred inland (relationship questions?) but that could present a problem in this area. Then again, you've now been waiting so long that it is increasingly difficult to question the basis of your relationship.

Ideally, you'd be best served by working with an immigration attorney familiar with Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) applications. But even so - and especially if you wish to do this yourself - you will need to carefully review the procedures manual, because the decision will come down to the persuasiveness of your arguments.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Good news ladies and gents! Looks like people in the Inland 2012 thread who submitted their applications in November are starting to get DM on their cases. Hopefully the website will be updated soon - I'm tired of seeing October 8th, 2012 up there!

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Hello everyone!!

Looking for suggestions regarding the filing.......which is the best way out of those mentioned below to send the documents......

1. Putting all forms together and all the supporting documents/proofs separately,

Or

2. Each form attached to its supporting documents

Please advice or suggest which is best way??

Thanks

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
God be with us said:
Hello everyone!!

Looking for suggestions regarding the filing.......which is the best way out of those mentioned below to send the documents......

1. Putting all forms together and all the supporting documents/proofs separately,

Or

2. Each form attached to its supporting documents

Please advice or suggest which is best way??

Thanks
We attached the proofs that they were asking for in the document to the document. For all the other "proofs" that were not required but we felt would prove that the relationship was genuine, we included with the package in a separate envelope with a table of contents to make it a little more accessible. Also, DON'T use staples to attach the proofs to the forms. You should never use staples unless SPECIFIED which I think is only once in the entire application process.

This link here also helped us through the process a little bit:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

Of course we took some tips and organized it a little differently but this helped us a lot.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Hi,

Mrs. Canuck, thank u soooo much for the suggestion and the link u shared......they are of great help.

We hope to send our application soon, so getting very stressed.......

i have another doubt, if i can get help..........

According to the guide, no blank has to be left while filling the form. But, when we fill it electronically, there are fields which does not allow us to type "NA", so is it ok if we write with hand after validating and printing the form??

Thanks so much......

PaoladeCano

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Good news ladies and gents! Looks like people in the Inland 2012 thread who submitted their applications in November are starting to get DM on their cases. Hopefully the website will be updated soon - I'm tired of seeing October 8th, 2012 up there!
This is great news! just one question... what is DM? I am guessing that means that the info on the CIC website isn't quite up to date and that the are actually moving forward with November applications already? if so, that is wonderful news for all of us!! :) thanks for sharing that Mrs Canuck :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
God be with us said:
According to the guide, no blank has to be left while filling the form. But, when we fill it electronically, there are fields which does not allow us to type "NA", so is it ok if we write with hand after validating and printing the form??
Hand writing anything on the form after validation is pointless. The barcodes are used to scan the contents of the document into the CIC computers - what you write by hand afterwards is ignored as part of that process.

If the form validates, it means you haven't missed any mandatory fields, so you'll be fine (assuming the information you do provide is correct, of course).

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Thank you Computergeek, for your valuable input. We are trying to complete the forms as soon as possible. I have got my medical done last week. I am getting panicky and nervous .........m sure u would understand.

Would request for clarification of another query.........since I am on visitor visa, I am sending application for Open Work Permit along with the Sponsorship application to stay in implied status. So, the form for same , IMM 5710 (hopefully using the right form), they ask for Details of intended work in Canada, like perspective employer, location, occupation, duration, etc. Since, I cannot apply for the job as of now, shall I just write "NA" in those fields or do I need to give any explanation??

Also, I don't have any job offer letter for the same reason but the checklist asks for it??

Please help.......

Thanks sooooo much again

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
God be with us said:
Would request for clarification of another query.........since I am on visitor visa, I am sending application for Open Work Permit along with the Sponsorship application to stay in implied status. So, the form for same , IMM 5710 (hopefully using the right form), they ask for Details of intended work in Canada, like perspective employer, location, occupation, duration, etc. Since, I cannot apply for the job as of now, shall I just write "NA" in those fields or do I need to give any explanation??
The form IMM 5710 is the correct form. Write "Open Work Permit Application - Process after AIP is granted" on the top. Then write "N/A" where you cannot provide the information. This is a generic form, so they understand that much of it doesn't apply. I've never heard of anyone having their OWP application rejected because they didn't fill in some inapplicable field.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
DM = Decision Made

From the 2012 inland apps thread:

Nahmed said:
We received your application for permanent residence on March 19, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 5, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
;D
(I thought I will get this next year)
So grateful
It wasn't a November app, it was a March app.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Can someone PLEASE help me?
We are inland (quebec) couple. 4 years total together 2 of them married (22 july 2011) we apply for permanent residence on march 04, 2013. We already got aor (march 14) and order to go to quebe (march 20) andquebec approuval. That was may 9th and now waiting for aip. Question is, would it be usefull that i do the medical exam right now? I didnt sent an owp application, should i send it now to win some time? Tought, we call a week ago and agent told us it wasnt possible to add an owp app to our application and it was better to wait for aip, plus told us not to do medicals till cic order... I keep reading about people that did it and add it no problem...i would like to be able to work as soon as possible! Also, getting aip is the biggest part isnt it? After that is just medicals and police and pr?? What other can fail between aip and pr??? Thanks a lot!! Have a nice day

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Yup, that one took quite some time. I wonder...mine said they started processing my application a few days after receiving it. I'm confused. ???

QuebecOkie said:
DM = Decision Made

From the 2012 inland apps thread:

It wasn't a November app, it was a March app.