Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
waitinginanticipation said:
Hey everyone,

This is a great forum! I am glad I came across it.

Here is my info, please add it to your spreadsheet:

Category: Spouse
Visa office: Vegreville
App received: Nov 12, 2012
In process: Jan 9, 2013
AIP:
OWP
DM:
Landing:
PR card:

Additional info:
Submitted OWP, Medical along with application.

I was wondering, what does 'CSQ' and 'DM' stand for?

Good Luck to us all!!
CSQ is Certificat de Sélection du Québec, something that only applicants living in/planning to live in Québec have to worry about. DM is Decision Made, meaning the end of Stage Two (AIP/Approval in Principle is the end of Stage One), and the last step before you're contacted about landing. Also, you may want to provide your details on the thread for 2012 inland applicants, since your app was submitted in November of last year. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2012-t90875.7365.html Welcome to the waiting game!

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
KDC said:
I am a Canadian Citizen and my girlfriend is on her post-graduate work permit that expires mid September,
she was able to find jobs but non of her employers were ready to go through the LMO process as they found that to be a hassle
I have been with her over 2 years now and I do not want her to have to leave, so I want to marry her as soon as possible will that help? I do love her, my family knows her since I've known her and they are all supportive of us. Can someone just guide me as to what is the best way to go about this situation please

Thanks
Hi KDC,

I was in very similar situation like you have now.
I graduated post-secondary and have a 3 years open work permit. Me and my husband (Canadian Citizenship) were together for 5 years and got married last summer (2012).
We applied Inland spouse sponsoring December 2012 and still waiting on AIP.
It took us quite a long time to prepare Inland application after the wedding.
My post-graduate work permit expires Nov 2013, but I didn't know I was able to apply another open work permit along with the Inland application.
So I'm working on sending Open Work Permit application shortly noting that I've already applied Inland spouse sponsorship.

I was able to apply PR through Canada Experience Class, but I didn't (which I regret now). Friend of mine applied PR through this class June 2012 and she received her PR last week. It took her 13 months to get the PR. I should've applied through this.

My question is if your girl friend is able to apply PR through Canada Experience Class? If she can, she will be eligible to apply extension of her work permit.
I know finding a sponsor who can support your gf with LMO is very tough these days.

If you think marrying her is the best way, you can apply Inland sponsorship and apply a open work permit with it.

I'm just wondering if anyone has better idea on KDC's case. There are lot of visa and PR experts on this Forum :)

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
applied4PR said:
I am planning to call them this week. It has been very frustrating experience, not to mention the emotional toll on marital life and financial loss in terms of lost wages during the wait period. I dont understand who made such ridiculous rules................it has totally disrupted my professional life.
I can understand what you are going through. I am in similar situation. In fact, I already have a job lined up and can't work as I am waiting on my OWP to come through. I will call them too to see where they stand on applications. Will share my experience on this forum, it is a good way to stay up to date.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niks1 said:
I can understand what you are going through. I am in similar situation. In fact, I already have a job lined up and can't work as I am waiting on my OWP to come through. I will call them too to see where they stand on applications. Will share my experience on this forum, it is a good way to stay up to date.
you do know that you can still continue to work on Implied status while you wait for your OWP if you're on a IEC visa.

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
you do know that you can still continue to work on Implied status while you wait for your OWP if you're on a IEC visa.
Hi James, I am on visitor visa and don't qualify for IEC visa as my home country is not part of the IEC program.

richier

Jul 29, 2013
computergeek said:
It only impacts your application if you are moving to Quebec Otherwise, you can just advise them of the address change. My advice: pay Canada post for forwarding for the time your application is pending. There are far too many people who have found CIC sends something to their OLD address to argue it's worth saving $75 by not paying Canada Post their due.

Good luck with the new job!

I have a similar question, but I'm moving from Quebec to Alberta. On the cic.gc.ca web it's marked that I would need to fill out a new •Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]. Is it all I need to do (including the online change of address)? I noticed when I was preparing my sponsorship application that there are more forms to fill out if you're not living in QC. Can you please help me with this particular issue? Many thanks in advance!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jamesdavid3 said:
IEC visas are non extendable.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
niks1 said:
Hi,

My main concern is that I didnt even get the initial AOR so I don't have any UCI to quote in order to make inquiries or apply for OWP at his stage...........All I have is the Canada post tracking # that confirmed delivery of application at the Vegreville office in Feb. 2013.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
applied4PR said:
Hi,

My main concern is that I didnt even get the initial AOR so I don't have any UCI to quote in order to make inquiries or apply for OWP at his stage...........All I have is the Canada post tracking # that confirmed delivery of application at the Vegreville office in Feb. 2013.
Have you tried tracking through the ecas using your receipt number?

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
5hr3wd said:
Have you tried tracking through the ecas using your receipt number?
Yes, several times and it does not work!, It asks for IMM 5401 receipt #. I had paid fees online not through IMM 5401.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
applied4PR said:
Hi,

give a call to CIC tomorrow and they should be able to assist you with this.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
guri3577 said:
give a call to CIC tomorrow and they should be able to assist you with this.
[/quote

Do u know their number? I called the 1-888 number and the digital voice kept asking me for UCI and I didnt have any so it hung up.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
applied4PR said:
Yes, several times and it does not work!, It asks for IMM 5401 receipt #. I had paid fees online not through IMM 5401.

I have tried with the receipt # as well. Still no luck.........

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
applied4PR said:
I have tried with the receipt # as well. Still no luck.........
Yeah I thought the online receipt numbers worked too in case someone pays online.

I would expect them to have AORs sent out for feb 2013 applicants by now as it's been 5 months already.

That probably means they haven't started processing it yet. I know that the ecas isn't reliable but I thought at least it should work to give an AOR. Or they just don't put it on ecas until they start processing it? I'm not sure maybe someone senior could shed a light on this.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
5hr3wd said:
Yeah I thought the online receipt numbers worked too in case someone pays online.

I would expect them to have AORs sent out for feb 2013 applicants by now as it's been 5 months already.

That probably means they haven't started processing it yet. I know that the ecas isn't reliable but I thought at least it should work to give an AOR. Or they just don't put it on ecas until they start processing it? I'm not sure maybe someone senior could shed a light on this.
Sponsor gets an email at one point! They should definitely have sent AORs by those who applied in February!