06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Tuesdayc said:
That is awful. I totally feel your pain, we have two panel doctors here in Winnipeg, and with the holidays season, both are not operating till next week. So, just keeping my fingers crossed that they will have openings fast! Or I may need to drive out of town for it.

Hope your situation clears up fast and may Toronto regain their power soon.
Thanks Tuesdayc!

Had medical last week 7th. Jan. Still not heard from CIC about an extension though :( However the panel Dr. seemed to suggest that as long as you've had the medical before the said date it would be fine, hope she is right. At least the office I went to was an 'E Medical center' so it's all done electronically!

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Hello all!
Nearly had a heart attack! Went to my CIC account as there was a new message there. It said 'application cancelled'! PANIC!

Anyway it turns out it was my visitor record that had been cancelled. As I now have a work permit I dont need to keep my visitor record up to date...yay.....despite being told by the call center I would.

Anyway the $75 fee is being refunded, most welcome :)

Have a great weekend all

C

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
UKZippy said:
Hello all!
Nearly had a heart attack! Went to my CIC account as there was a new message there. It said 'application cancelled'! PANIC!

Anyway it turns out it was my visitor record that had been cancelled. As I now have a work permit I dont need to keep my visitor record up to date...yay.....despite being told by the call center I would.

Anyway the $75 fee is being refunded, most welcome :)

Have a great weekend all

C
Hi UKzippy.. did you have an interview? how come you got yoru AIP so fast?

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
nrajani_99 said:
Hi UKzippy.. did you have an interview? how come you got yoru AIP so fast?
Hi nrajani,
I have no clue? Could be that I'd been here for 2 years already, or that I'm a british citizen. Anyway papers went in Feb 2013 got AIP Nov 2013 along with work permit.

Medical is now done as is police check, so I'm now waiting for the final letter and the PR certificate.

zinaiyin

Jan 9, 2014
Hi Guri, could you add me in the spreadsheet, application received: Dec 12, 2013, got Application No. Jan 17, 2014, haven't send OWP, med and police check sent with app. Thank you :)

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Hello guys wanted to share with you my experience getting my health card (OHIP)

Since I got my DM last thursday 9th I decided go do my paperwork.
I went to a Service Ontario (Bayfield) in Barrie and they told me they couldn't do it but that I should go to another Service Ontario (Simcoe rd by the water front) since this one was Federal while the first one I went was provincial.
I went there and brought the email CIC send me with DM, my passport and my ontario Driver Licence. You need 2 ID docs one must have your address. and 1 doc that shows your status in Canada in my case it was my DM letter.
She took my picture and gave me a paper with all my details.
In order to get OHIP I must wait 3 months from the day I establish residency in Ontario, and even though I have lived here since Oct 2012, I still have to wait 3 months from the moment I got my DM letter, so April 9th I will get coverage and they will send me my health card around the same time.

Hope it helps someone looking for this info

Tribilin

Feb 6, 2013
Happywife08 said:

I went to a Service Ontario (Bayfield) in Barrie and they told me they couldn't do it but that I should go to another Service Ontario (Simcoe rd by the water front) since this one was Federal while the first one I went was provincial.
I went there and brought the email CIC send me with DM, my passport and my ontario Driver Licence. You need 2 ID docs one must have your address. and 1 doc that shows your status in Canada in my case it was my DM letter.
In order to get OHIP I must wait 3 months from the day I establish residency in Ontario, and even though I have lived here since Oct 2012, I still have to wait 3 months from the moment I got my DM letter, so April 9th I will get coverage and they will send me my health card around the same time.

Thank you!! That's very helpful for me :)

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Happywife08 said:

Hi and Thanks Happywife08,
I will be in that situatioin soon. Fortunately I have a Service Canada/Ontario office close by.

Congrats BTW :)

C

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Xenocat said:
My landing date is Friday, Jan 28, 2013 at Windsor's Immigration office.

What can I expect at this landing interview?
They're going to ask the applicant a few standard questions like:

* Are you Xenocat (replace your username with your real name)?
* What is the relationship to your sponsor? (Husband/Wife/C-L Partner)
* When were you born?
* Where are you from?
* Have you committed any crimes while your application was being processed?
* Have you been diagnosed with an illness while your application was being processed?

Don't worry! :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
They're going to ask the applicant a few standard questions like:

* Are you Xenocat (replace your username with your real name)?
* What is the relationship to your sponsor? (Husband/Wife/C-L Partner)
* When were you born?
* Where are you from?
* Have you committed any crimes while your application was being processed?
* Have you been diagnosed with an illness while your application was being processed?

Don't worry! :)
Those are not the typical questions people get when they land.

The typical questions asked are usually these:

1) Are there any dependents not listed in COPR?

2) Have you been convicted since you entered Canada?

3) Have you ever been denied entry to any country?

Once the applicant says no at all the questions asked, they initial the answers to question and sign their name at bottom of COPR.

After that, you are PR

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
screech339 said:
Those are not the typical questions people get when they land.

The typical questions asked are usually these:

1) Are there any dependents not listed in COPR?

2) Have you been convicted since you entered Canada?

3) Have you ever been denied entry to any country?

Once the applicant says no at all the questions asked, they initial the answers to question and sign their name at bottom of COPR.

After that, you are PR
Apologies, these were the questions another applicant was asked in another thread, so I assumed they were standard. Scratch that Xenocat, the questions Screech listed are more accurate. Good luck with everything! Let us know when you land an officially become a PR! :)

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
Hey folks, nice to see so many getting their papers after long delays.

Sorry to ask again, I think I already mentioned this - does anyone know through experience how long it takes from receiving the e-mail about DM until the date the actual interview is scheduled?

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys. Brand new to the forum and I'm sweating bullets here seeing people getting AIP before my spouse.

Application received by CIC: March 6, 2013
UCI Number received: March 16, 2013
Immigration transferred file to Winnipeg: January 8, 2014

I am so lost here. I don't know what to expect or what to prepare for. I thought I'd be seeing the AIP and now I'm so in the dark and there's absolutely no way to contact the Winnipeg office to get an idea of why or how long we can expect now. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Mela said:
Hey guys. Brand new to the forum and I'm sweating bullets here seeing people getting AIP before my spouse.

Application received by CIC: March 6, 2013
UCI Number received: March 16, 2013
Immigration transferred file to Winnipeg: January 8, 2014

I am so lost here. I don't know what to expect or what to prepare for. I thought I'd be seeing the AIP and now I'm so in the dark and there's absolutely no way to contact the Winnipeg office to get an idea of why or how long we can expect now. HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Great to see a fellow Winnipeger! :) Did you try logging in with your UCI number to see what is being indicated?