Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
The numbers that CIC provides online (the 11 months/11 months) are the time in which 80% of applications are completed. 80% of the inland applications have stage one approval within 11 months (which means many were done much sooner, but which also means that 20% take longer), and 80% of inland applications complete stage two within 11 months (again, some much faster, 20% take longer than 11 months). It's not an average or median timeline.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ginabean said:
Were we wrongly denied do you think? It doesn't make any difference to us now because we received AIP yesterday but I sure am curious now.
Yes, I think you were incorrectly denied. Congratulations on your AIP at least!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Congrats to john and rorodegdeg for getting both stages approved :)
Here's to hoping more good news today and tomorrow. 7 applicants left from January.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
@marylou, I can't reply to your message, it says your mailbox is full. Here's what I typed up to send to you:

That information on the CIC website tells you nothing about "average" times. There's a better data set available. http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3. You can download a spreadsheet that gives a lot more information about timelines (pay attention to the tabs at the bottom, there are multiple pages with different information). You can see the time in which 20%, 30%, 50%, 70%, and 80% of apps were finished to give you a better idea of average timelines and how fast or slow the process can go. Keep in mind that you need to be looking at Family Class Sponsorship.

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Dated Updated => Date of current applications

Nov 6th, 2013 => (Dec 11th, 2012)
Nov 13th, 2013 => (Jan 3rd, 2013)
Nov 20th, 2013 => (Jan 14th 2013)

I'm going to be recording this, and sharing with you guys :)

marylou

Aug 22, 2010
North York, Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Submitted to Vegreville - Now Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
QuebecOkie said:
@ marylou, I can't reply to your message, it says your mailbox is full. Here's what I typed up to send to you:

That information on the CIC website tells you nothing about "average" times. There's a better data set available. You can download a spreadsheet that gives a lot more information about timelines (pay attention to the tabs at the bottom, there are multiple pages with different information). You can see the time in which 20%, 30%, 50%, 70%, and 80% of apps were finished to give you a better idea of average timelines and how fast or slow the process can go. Keep in mind that you need to be looking at Family Class Sponsorship.

Thanks a lot.....I just noticed that my inbox was full and I emptied it....I will look at the data and let you know.

Thanks so much again.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
QuebecOkie said:
I'm the one who was quoted from the 2012 thread who sent my police certificate and did my medical exam AFTER I sent in my app, but BEFORE CIC requested it. I am obviously very glad I made the choices I did, as I received AIP and DM on the same day, and I've since landed and await only my PR card before this is all behind me. I wanted to add one little detail, though. I already had my UCI (there are a few small differences when you apply within Québec; I received my UCI at AOR, as we were instructed to submit the Québec undertaking to request the CSQ) when I did the medical. I'm not sure whether or not having just the sponsor's UCI is enough to match documents to your file. I would *think* so, but we all know common sense is no way to figure out what will work with CIC.

You won't get any additional confirmation. I, too, did my medical after application and before CIC's request, but I never even saw "medical received" on ECAS until after DM. I did send a CSE (case specific enquiry) to CIC. It wasn't answered for a month, so I sent a second, and eventually I received a reply stating that my medical exam and police report had been matched to my file. You've already received this information from the call centre, and I think that's all you're going to get.
Thank you, yes CIC call centre tell me my medical received

marylou

Aug 22, 2010
North York, Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Submitted to Vegreville - Now Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
QuebecOkie said:
@ marylou, I can't reply to your message, it says your mailbox is full. Here's what I typed up to send to you:

That information on the CIC website tells you nothing about "average" times. There's a better data set available. You can download a spreadsheet that gives a lot more information about timelines (pay attention to the tabs at the bottom, there are multiple pages with different information). You can see the time in which 20%, 30%, 50%, 70%, and 80% of apps were finished to give you a better idea of average timelines and how fast or slow the process can go. Keep in mind that you need to be looking at Family Class Sponsorship.
I think it is becoming clearer as I go through the figures......

So tell me if I am on the right track.....I am looking at the chart with all Categories, looking at family class.

Am I correct in saying that - 20% of all applications received will be compete in 6mths, 30% in 7mths, 50% in 10 mths, 70% in 14 mths and 80% in 17 mths.

I hope I am interpreting it correctly......

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
mimssimo said:
Thank you, yes CIC call centre tell me my medical received
They're not reliable for a lot of policy information, but if the call centre says your medical is there in your file, I would believe them. Now just back to waiting. Good luck!

@marylou, I haven't looked at the data very closely, I just happened to have bookmarked the link, so I shared it. I can't tell you if you're reading it correctly or not. I'm no expert, and since I'm a PR now, I'm not that highly motivated to pour over statistics at this point. I know my timeline was AIP and DM after 10 months and one week (seemed a lot longer than that at the time, lol!). Hopefully some others will look at the info and share their understanding of it to let you know if you're on the right track.

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
OMG!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just received this in my email:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

[X] Your application for a WORK PERMIT has been approved and your new document(s) will
be sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions
listed on the document(s).

Is this AIP + OWP?
They sent this in my email not in my husbands (sponsor) email. Does my husband supposed to get an email as well?
Does "work permit" here means OWP?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
sweetpea22 said:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you

[X] Your application for a WORK PERMIT has been approved and your new document(s) will
be sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions

Is this AIP + OWP?
They sent this in my email not in my husbands (sponsor) email. Does my husband supposed to get an email as well?
OMG OMG OMG sweetpea22 I can't believe it. I'm so happy for you :D Yeah OWP : Work Permit, you should expect it soon :D

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Cirene said:
OMG OMG OMG sweetpea22 I can't believe it. I'm so happy for you :D Yeah OWP : Work Permit, you should expect it soon :D
Thanks Cirene! ;D

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
sweetpea22 said:

partner in Canada class.

Is this AIP + OWP?
Congratulations!! Excited to hear this news!! 8)

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
sweetpea22 said:

partner in Canada class.

Is this AIP + OWP?

Congrats!!!!!!!

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......