17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
CANUSA31 said:
22 months is outrageous. If I get my OWP, which should come with my AIP, I think I might have to go home for a little bit. I know its frowned upon, but being from the USA, and having AIP/OWP I should be safe. But we will see.
I'm thinking the same thing. I would love to go visit my dad in N.Y. There shouldn't be an issue, or at least I hope not. I'm expecting my AIP next week as well. We'll see. Come on CIC!! LOL

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
CANUSA31 said:
22 months is outrageous. If I get my OWP, which should come with my AIP, I think I might have to go home for a little bit. I know its frowned upon, but being from the USA, and having AIP/OWP I should be safe. But we will see.
I am thinking along the same line. I am from the UK and dying to spend Christmas with my UK family.

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Way to get our hopes up and then tear them down, CIC! I hope that we're going to get DM soon after AIP. This is ridiculous!
*stomps feet impatiently*

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
I am a little annoyed that despite having received the email about AIP, the online application status is not yet updated. What does that mean? How fast do they usually update those?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Hi SaskiaL,

SaskiaL said:
Hi again :),

I have another question: When we sent the CIC our application we were under the impression that I only needed to show my German criminal record. Do they need a Canadian one, too? I believe it doesn't take too long to get one, but I am curious if this is even necessary.
You don't need to send Canadian police certificate, unless CIC asks you to send it.

SaskiaL said:
I am a little annoyed that despite having received the email about AIP, the online application status is not yet updated. What does that mean? How fast do they usually update those?
Did you receive your AIP yesterday? When CIC updates the e-cas info? It depends on the officers. For example, my e-cas info was updated after 3 days of my AIP & DM. Please wait for a while. ;)

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Tomorisu said:
Hi SaskiaL,

You don't need to send Canadian police certificate, unless CIC asks you to send it.
That makes me feel much better. I was afraid I missed something...

Tomorisu said:
Did you receive your AIP yesterday? When CIC updates the e-cas info? It depends on the officers. For example, my e-cas info was updated after 3 days of my AIP & DM. Please wait for a while. ;)
That also makes me feel better! I thought maybe we got a troll spam or something, haha! We haven't gotten the physical letter yet, mainly because they sent it to our old address (even though I updated it months ago online). I called yesterday (I am so glad I didn't wait until today, I am sure there is no way I could possibly reach someone there with the processing times being updated) and the lady updated it on my file but not my spouse's. I hope he can reach an agent at some point (or else they might start thinking we don't live together anymore!)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
salsal31 said:
I am thinking along the same line. I am from the UK and dying to spend Christmas with my UK family.
I used to live in the UK, from Denmark originally. I feel your frustration, spending Christmas with my family would be the best thing that has happened to me in a while!

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
Hello from Toronto to everyone here. I'm sponsoring my wife (New Zealander Chinese - currently holding visitor visa) and we sent our application back in July 2013 with medical results, police clearance from NZ, China and Canada, along with OWP application. We also paid all the fees as we applied. So now we just sit back and wait patiently for the good news to come (hopefully).

In past year we had been crossed the US border three four times and didn't get in any troubles. My wife came in Canada last October and is still in Visitor status (online app. for extending as visitor). We are going to Orlando, Miami and East Caribbean next month for two weeks so we might serve some new pictures to CIC after we are back from the trip. I don't know if it helps our case but I feel like to do so. Just curiosity, are there anyone also sending CIC additional photos from time to time?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Mocha7 said:
Hello from Toronto to everyone here. I'm sponsoring my wife (New Zealander Chinese - currently holding visitor visa) and we sent our application back in July 2013 with medical results, police clearance from NZ, China and Canada, along with OWP application. We also paid all the fees as we applied. So now we just sit back and wait patiently for the good news to come (hopefully).

In past year we had been crossed the US border three four times and didn't get in any troubles. My wife came in Canada last October and is still in Visitor status (online app. for extending as visitor). We are going to Orlando, Miami and East Caribbean next month for two weeks so we might serve some new pictures to CIC after we are back from the trip. I don't know if it helps our case but I feel like to do so. Just curiosity, are there anyone also sending CIC additional photos from time to time?
Welcome on here! Nice to see more and more joining!

You can always send additional pictures later on while your application is being processed! The more the better! Just be careful traveling too much abroad, it is said to avoid travelling when having an inland application processed until decision made. But nobody can tell you, I'd just be careful if I were you! As long as you bring some proof that you paid for it all and what not you should be golden!

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Hey Guys I just got AIP and DM email at once and its says

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be
sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed
on the document(s). Please read them carefully.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada"

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Congrats...

aakpawan said:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the

[X] Your application for a work permit has been approved and your new document(s) will be
sent to you separately. You are authorized to remain in Canada under the conditions listed

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada"

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
aakpawan said:

partner in Canada class.

status.

Canada"
CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS UR DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Line.a said:
Welcome on here! Nice to see more and more joining!

You can always send additional pictures later on while your application is being processed! The more the better! Just be careful traveling too much abroad, it is said to avoid travelling when having an inland application processed until decision made. But nobody can tell you, I'd just be careful if I were you! As long as you bring some proof that you paid for it all and what not you should be golden!
Hello!

We were also advised not to travel during the In-Land application process as it does say "in-land" and supposed to be stayed within canada and no gaurantees for re-entry. The border officers say that it should be no problem as long as the person being sponsored has the documents of the sponsorship process and most importantly the document for legal status entering and exiting Canada. CIC has said that it should be fine that the person being sponsored can enter and exit but cannot gaurantee it. The border officers suggest that the person being sponsored do not exit Canada without a good situation such an important family member being ill oversea, unlike just leaving for leisure going on vacation as the person above has mentioned.

Anyone that reads this, can you please comment and share your experience about applying inland and traveling in and out of canada to the United States such as Seattle or a city across the border without problems? My common-law and I want to go to Seattle to her favourite restaurant and for leisure but is worried about affecting our application.

Thank you for reading!
MisterBob

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
aakpawan said:

partner in Canada class.

status.

Canada"
Congratulations!

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
aakpawan said:

partner in Canada class.

status.

Canada"

Congrat