+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
I was thinking about this forum today and I realized we don't even know each other (maybe some) but I feel like we do. We have many things in common and things that nobody else understands such as this process and all the drama and waiting time and being apart for our families.
I tried to explain to my family how happy I was for this strike ending and they don't fully get it LOL.

I am so glad for this forum. I do realized how corny I sound but just wanted to get it out there. LOL ;) ;) ;) ;)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
QuebecOkie said:
I'm not at all convinced that the strike had a huge impact on inland timelines. It seems there was a slowdown in the summer of 2012, as well, from what I've read, and that fall applications sometimes face a longer timeline. Seems that first stage processing kind of "yo-yos" from 6 months to closer to a year.
Actually, summer 2012 saw times shrink from 12 months to 5.5 months, then they settled in to six months until spring 2013.

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
bankerguy said:
Also, second question...why do some people do the medicals AFTER they apply??? my gf did her medical exams ...BEFORE we applied.. i thought you had to do them before..
As others have said, the medicals are optional to be sent in. For my husband and I, the medical office we were working with was really jerking us around. I originally had an appointment which was cancelled because the panel physician went on vacation. When it came to rescheduling and I called the office, I was told the secretary was now on vacation and she was the only one who could schedule the appointment and to call back the next day. So I called the next day and I was told she still wasn't in and to call back the next day. This repeated for a whole week until finally the lady answering the phone got sick of me calling and asked for my name and number so she could have the secretary call me when she returned. So either the lady never returned or never got my number because I'm still waiting on that phone call!

After dealing with this crap for far too long and then learning that PAFSO was on strike with no end really in sight, we just decided to wait until CIC requested the medical. It was a precaution for making sure the medical didn't expire and need to be redone as well as letting us find a different panel physician to work with.

asegai

Sep 28, 2013
Hi guys am fairly new here just wanted to get your expertise and advise on a matter am currently facing come to the country on a student visa and graduated.last moth i applied for a post graduate work permit and was denied because my study permit expired in march stupid of me didn't realize that because i was looking at my work permit which expired last month at this time i have no status and i have overstayed.however i have been married to a Canadian citizen for over 2yrs,can she still sponsor me? PLEASE HELP.

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
Hello Everyone!

We have sent our inland application last week. That was quite a paperwork!
I have been living in Canada for the past four years (student) and my spouse sponsored me. We live together since December 2012 and got married 2 weeks ago.

I read almost all of the messages on this thread and I understand people are forced to sit home and wait for months to get their OWPs to be able to work.
In my case, I was offered a position by an international company and they required me to hold a valid work permit for the office position in Canada. I only had off-campus work permit and I had to go with the other option they proposed, working off-shore as an international commuter.

I have been working with them as an international commuter since March 2013. They fly me from Canada to the location I work, and fly me back home when I am done. (it's 5 weeks on 5 weeks off). I didn't have any issues getting back to the country as I hold a valid study permit and TRV. I will be renewing my study permit in January 2014, although we have an inland PR application. (It's a graduate program and I do not have to be in school physically, I am working on thesis on my own).

I understand if you leave Canada they might consider as 'not living with the spouse' and drop my inland application. However, I am absolutely living with my spouse (paying rent and bills), and always get back home after I finish my 5 weeks off shore. I have no other residence in any other country. I am considering hiring a lawyer incase things go wrong when I try to get back into Canada in future. I would at least have a lawyer who has a knowledge about my situation and could respond immediately. I wanted ask your opinion on my case.

Thanks!

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Vegreville
App. Filed.......: 09-26-2013
AOR Received.:

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
asegai said:
Hi guys am fairly new here just wanted to get your expertise and advise on a matter am currently facing come to the country on a student visa and graduated.last moth i applied for a post graduate work permit and was denied because my study permit expired in march stupid of me didn't realize that because i was looking at my work permit which expired last month at this time i have no status and i have overstayed.however i have been married to a Canadian citizen for over 2yrs,can she still sponsor me? PLEASE HELP.
Yes of course, you can still be sponsored. If you read the cic page, even out of status can still be sponsored by their canadian spouses.

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
nyquist said:
I understand if you leave Canada they might consider as 'not living with the spouse' and drop my inland application. However, I am absolutely living with my spouse (paying rent and bills), and always get back home after I finish my 5 weeks off shore. I have no other residence in any other country. I am considering hiring a lawyer incase things go wrong when I try to get back into Canada in future. I would at least have a lawyer who has a knowledge about my situation and could respond immediately. I wanted ask your opinion on my case.
Hi nyquist (frequency?),

Unfortunately, I can't give you any advice about a lawyer, but you might like to hear about our experience. My husband has traveled internationally for his job at least ten times since we applied for his PR through an inland sponsorship almost one year ago. He currently has a work permit and LMO in his own right. He tells me that he has never been asked about his PR application when he crosses the border. He comes from a visa-exempt country and usually travels for between 3 and 7 days at a time. He has not yet received AIP.

kanadskazena

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
nyquist said:
Hello Everyone!

We have sent our inland application last week. That was quite a paperwork!
I have been living in Canada for the past four years (student) and my spouse sponsored me. We live together since December 2012 and got married 2 weeks ago.

I read almost all of the messages on this thread and I understand people are forced to sit home and wait for months to get their OWPs to be able to work.
In my case, I was offered a position by an international company and they required me to hold a valid work permit for the office position in Canada. I only had off-campus work permit and I had to go with the other option they proposed, working off-shore as an international commuter.

I have been working with them as an international commuter since March 2013. They fly me from Canada to the location I work, and fly me back home when I am done. (it's 5 weeks on 5 weeks off). I didn't have any issues getting back to the country as I hold a valid study permit and TRV. I will be renewing my study permit in January 2014, although we have an inland PR application. (It's a graduate program and I do not have to be in school physically, I am working on thesis on my own).

Thanks!

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Vegreville
App. Filed.......: 09-26-2013
AOR Received.:
Most people will normally not travel outside Canada when having an inland application worked on. I think it depends where you are from. If you require a visa to visit Canada I would not take a slightest chance leaving and try and return, if you are from a visa excempt country I think you should be alright as long as you can really prove you have applied for an inland application i.e. a receipt of the immigration fee or the AOR email you will receive in a couple weeks to a months time. I would still advise you not to do it unless it's necessary. Unfortunately it's an extremely long and frustrating wait.. I have sat at home for 8 months now and it is not fun at times.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Line.a said:
Most people will normally not travel outside Canada when having an inland application worked on. I think it depends where you are from. If you require a visa to visit Canada I would not take a slightest chance leaving and try and return, if you are from a visa excempt country I think you should be alright as long as you can really prove you have applied for an inland application i.e. a receipt of the immigration fee or the AOR email you will receive in a couple weeks to a months time. I would still advise you not to do it unless it's necessary. Unfortunately it's an extremely long and frustrating wait.. I have sat at home for 8 months now and it is not fun at times.
Tell me about it!...........I am beginning to lose patience now. Sitting at home is NO fun. This unscheduled delay has wasted my whole year of work worth at least 60K! I cant even attend school.

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
Thanks for the replies.

kanadskazena; yes it's the frequency :)
I would rather not risk anything but quitting my job is not an option.

Line.a; unfortunately I am not from a visa exempt country and I will be applying for another visa after I get my study permit renewed in January 2014. My PR application might come up as a question during my study permit application. I read about dual-intent applications but I don't think I fit into that category. I need a student permit to stay registered at the university.If didn't apply for PR there would be no questioning or delay in regards of the permit.

ps. Some might suggest finishing school and getting a post-grad work permit would be an easier route but I am not anywhere close to finishing my thesis.
I am enjoying the forum so far and will be updating my application status on here regularly.

nyquist

Sep 28, 2013
applied4PR said:
Tell me about it!...........I am beginning to lose patience now. Sitting at home is NO fun. This unscheduled delay has wasted my whole year of work worth at least 60K! I cant even attend school.
It might be possible to apply for a study permit while you are waiting for your PR application to be resolved.
Study permit applications takes much less time (as long you have an acceptance letter and finances to cover school expenses)

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
nyquist said:
It might be possible to apply for a study permit while you are waiting for your PR application to be resolved.
Study permit applications takes much less time (as long you have an acceptance letter and finances to cover school expenses)
Thanks for the tip. I am also without health insurance. My visitor insurance ran out in July. My husband is a CA citizen and lives in Alberta. DO u know of any healthcare agency that would insure foreign spouses in AB?

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Re: Study Permit (INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013)

nyquist said:
Can I get the study permit without leaving Canada???? I thought foreign visitors have to go to their home country to get the study or work permit.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
applied4PR said:
Thanks for the tip. I am also without health insurance. My visitor insurance ran out in July. My husband is a CA citizen and lives in Alberta. DO u know of any healthcare agency that would insure foreign spouses in AB?
I also live in Alberta and if you currently have an status in hand (student, visitor or work permit) you can apply for Alberta Health Care, plus if your husband has an Alberta Health Care Card you can be under his coverage.

All you need to do is call a registry and ask them :) I did that, twice and I have my Alberta Health Care Card

fsfh60

Apr 26, 2012
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
Hey guys, I am honored to be here on this amazing forum! I am joining the rest of you with the long wait for In land 2013 from Vancouver that was sent on friday. Anyone has the link to 2013 inland spread sheet Thanks Guys wish you all the best .