27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
GatorSPO said:
Is this statement based on any previous similar circumstances?
They certainly have a biiiiiig backlog to move through if they're only touching October/November 2012 apps now.

Just don't want to get our hopes up for no reason.
Yeah doubtful and most likely wishful thinking.

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
Since the strikes are now over, within the next few weeks the processing will drop right down back to 6 months or less
Please learn to express and write your opinions in a better way and not as matter of facts statements! You might confuse other,less "experienced" people and get their hopes up.
It's annoying so please stop!

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Spikey92 said:
Please learn to express and write your opinions in a better way and not as matter of facts statements! You might confuse other,less "experienced" people and get their hopes up.
+1

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Spikey92 said:
Come on people, loosen up. I'm sure all applicants are excited that the strike is over. His statement is more of a wishful thinking not a statement of fact. God only knows what's next to happen...

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Hey guys,

Me and my girl applied for family class PR - inland (she is currently on a 3 years post grad work permit)

We applied two weeks ago on Sept 13, 2013 ...... its only been a few weeks so we havnt even gotten our AOR yet.

my question is ...why do some ppl pay half the fee now and half after aip?? when we paid, we just paid the full $1040.00.

Also, second question...why do some people do the medicals AFTER they apply??? my gf did her medical exams ...BEFORE we applied.. i thought you had to do them before..

anyways.. thanks in advance.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
bankerguy said:
Hey guys,

Me and my girl applied for family class PR - inland (she is currently on a 3 years post grad work permit)

We applied two weeks ago on Sept 13, 2013 ...... its only been a few weeks so we havnt even gotten our AOR yet.

my question is ...why do some ppl pay half the fee now and half after aip?? when we paid, we just paid the full $1040.00.

Also, second question...why do some people do the medicals AFTER they apply??? my gf did her medical exams ...BEFORE we applied.. i thought you had to do them before..

It's optional whether you want to pay the 1st half of the immigration fee and wait and pay the rest later. Simply couldn't afford it right away unfortunately.. I think that's why some chose it that way.

Some people get AOR fast but I think the ones that applied later this year have to wait a couple months to get it, don't worry you will get it at one point or another. If you feel the need to know, I'd suggest to contact the call centre to get any info. Do you have an UCI # ?

Also the medicals are really meant to be done before you apply but some people choose not to having to maybe pay another $200 or so up front it's not obliged you send it with the application so CIC will contact us later on to 1. Pay the other half of the immigration fee 2. Get the medicals done.

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
bankerguy said:
Hey guys,

You don't have to pay in full, but we did too. We just figured it would help streamline things as much as possible. And it also insures that (since we are quite a low income household) it doesn't get used up in an emergency or something.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Line.a said:
It's optional whether you want to pay the 1st half of the immigration fee and wait and pay the rest later. Simply couldn't afford it right away unfortunately.. I think that's why some chose it that way.

Some people get AOR fast but I think the ones that applied later this year have to wait a couple months to get it, don't worry you will get it at one point or another. If you feel the need to know, I'd suggest to contact the call centre to get any info. Do you have an UCI # ?

Also the medicals are really meant to be done before you apply but some people choose not to having to maybe pay another $200 or so up front it's not obliged you send it with the application so CIC will contact us later on to 1. Pay the other half of the immigration fee 2. Get the medicals done.
Oh i paid 400 for medical! rip off! I really just hope i wont be required another med exam. Sigh!

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
mrsc08 said:
Come on people, loosen up. I'm sure all applicants are excited that the strike is over. His statement is more of a wishful thinking not a statement of fact. God only knows what's next to happen...
I think people are just a bit on edge with this user because his opinions are somewhat.. out there.

mattb123

Sep 24, 2013
When did the step 1 wait times get jacked up from 6 to 11 months? And when can we expect them to return to normal?

I'm filing for spousal sponsorship inland this week. When could I realistically expect to get my OWP?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
mattb123 said:
When did the step 1 wait times get jacked up from 6 to 11 months? And when can we expect them to return to normal?

I'm filing for spousal sponsorship inland this week. When could I realistically expect to get my OWP?
They went from 6 months to 11 months because they were on strike since April 2 but the strike ended yesterday and we are all hoping they start processing the applications faster now.

It's hard to tell how long it will take them to be 6 months again but we are all optimistic and hoping for the best.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
mattb123 said:

You'll get your OWP when you get your AIP (which is basically the first stage of approval). To tell you an exact date is very hard, we have to wait a couple weeks to see how fast they work on the applications they already have.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Line.a said:

Hi,

I have a similar issue. Our lawyer told us NOT to include the medical or Police reports (Or even the OWP) at the time of initial application because these will be required for Phase-II and these document expire after 3 months.

Should I send these document now to be included in my initial application?

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
^ I would get a new lawyer...the OWP is only looked at right after stage 1 so it needs to be sent with your package or after you get your AOR.

Medicals is optional yes, but I'm almost positive that you need to send the police reports with package or it won't be complete and risk getting it sent back to you.

Don't always trust what lawyers say.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Cirene said:
They went from 6 months to 11 months because they were on strike since April 2 but the strike ended yesterday and we are all hoping they start processing the applications faster now.

It's hard to tell how long it will take them to be 6 months again but we are all optimistic and hoping for the best.
I'm not at all convinced that the strike had a huge impact on inland timelines. It seems there was a slowdown in the summer of 2012, as well, from what I've read, and that fall applications sometimes face a longer timeline. Seems that first stage processing kind of "yo-yos" from 6 months to closer to a year.