Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
I have a question on this OWP thread.

My wife is in Canada on a study permit. She also has a temporary resident visa. These both expire in Dec. 2014.

She wishes to be able to work off-campus (no job offer yet). We filed for inland PR in November 2012 but did not include application for OWP.

Question: Should she be applying for off-campus work permit (OCWP) or OWP? We hope that determination for PR will occur before study permit expires.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
kbwaterh said:
Hi CanEd!

As long as you tell CIC your new address it shouldn't be a problem, but tell them right away. We moved and it took FOREVER for our address to be updated in the system (in the end we had to call them and have it done via email as the automatic update just wasn't working). Also, forwarding your mail with Canada Post may not help with making sure you get all your mail. Because of the potential for identity theft (I believe) not all government mail is forwarded and visa stuff is not forwarded. My student visa renewal was returned to CIC for this reason.

Good luck with the move

kbwaterh
Thanks Kbwaterh,

I will call CIC and see wwhat they say!

Regards,

CanED.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
aakpawan said:
Thanks for the reply "computergeek" my wife is applying for the sponsorship for me and I will send my the open work permit application with the PR application, so for my open work permit will I need an LMO for it, where do I get the forms for the open work permit, do I also need to pay for the fees for my status restoration as well when I send the application in.

Thanks
The point of an open work permit is that it is not bound to a specific job or employer, so you don't need an LMO. The forms for work permits are on the CIC website. There is no special form for an "open" work permit, you simply note "N/A" and write "open" in the fields where it asks for specifics. As for the restoration of status, it doesn't matter with an inland application, but if you do submit it, they would process it at the time AIP (first stage approval) is granted.

Keep a copy of your application and receipts so that if anyone asks you about your status in Canada, you can show them that you have applied.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Migrain said:
Question: Should she be applying for off-campus work permit (OCWP) or OWP? We hope that determination for PR will occur before study permit expires.
If she wishes to work before AIP, she should apply for an Off-Campus Work Permit.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
hi
i just received my initial approval letter Dec. 5,2012, along with that is my OWP that expires on june 13,2013. also they just asked me to do my medical nothing else. Do you know how long will it take for second stage approval? or will there be chances that i will get refused? and should i need to renew my owp before it expires?

thanks please enlighten me

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
canadaeh1234 said:
hi
i just received my initial approval letter Dec. 5,2012, along with that is my OWP that expires on june 13,2013. also they just asked me to do my medical nothing else. Do you know how long will it take for second stage approval? or will there be chances that i will get refused? and should i need to renew my owp before it expires?

thanks please enlighten me
Hi Canadaeh1234,

I got AIP Sept 18th and like you had to do a medical - which I got on Sept 21st. I am still waiting on the decision on the second stage - I can't say in regards ot getting refused at this point. I would apply for an extension to your OWP in April May next!

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
vincystress said:
the are asking if your family picked your spouse for you like they do in some country
To vincystress:
thanx a lot. My husband told me the same but i didn't believe him)) ::)

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
NicJohn said:
Hey guys,

I have a question...

Havent recieved AOR yet, yet I (being the applicant) have been asked to resend IMM 5669 (Background Form).

My understanding was that the applicant doesnt get looked at until AIP..

Is this correct?

Hi,

I was asked to resent my IMM 5669 form on Oc 15th. Sent it on Oct 22nd and now we already got AIP and they start processing stage 2.

I resent to Vergreville, same address but Postal Code T9C 1W5. ( Additional Documents) make sure to send a copy of the Letter you received as well so CIC can put in your application, since I believe you don't have yet a UCI number.

I would send a.s.a.p.

Good luck!

Gpa

Dec 14, 2012
Hi! I'm a newbie here

I've seen some successful cases here, gives me some hope!
I have a question, currently I'm on Post grad working permit expires on March 3rd.
My application was received on Oct 9, Can I still apply for OWP?

Thanks!

computergeek said:
Sure. But at this point you won't get an open work permit until after your current permit expires.
So the time when my current working permit expires til i got the OWP (if I get it), I would be in implied status right?
Would I be able to continue work if i'm on implied status?

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Gpa said:
Hi! I'm a newbie here

I've seen some successful cases here, gives me some hope!
I have a question, currently I'm on Post grad working permit expires on March 3rd.
My application was received on Oct 9, Can I still apply for OWP?

Thanks!

So the time when my current working permit expires til i got the OWP (if I get it), I would be in implied status right?
Would I be able to continue work if i'm on implied status?
You would have to ask your current employer and once they agree there is no issue in continuing work as far as I am aware. I asked CIC about this as my work permit was expiring on Sept last and that is what they told me to do!

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Gpa,

U should just apply for it now i think..
My husband was in the same situation with a post graduation work permit that was expiring julu 2013. We applied for an OWP and when we got
AIP, they also issued am OWP that is valid for 2 years until dec 2014.

This way, you will always be in status (if it comes in time) and not have to worry about the whole implied status situation

Gpa

Dec 14, 2012
Thx, CanED and besunshine..

It seems they take about 7-6 months to get AIP right?
What are the chances to get AIP? what happen if someone didn't get AIP?
I'm kinda freaking out here.. I can't help but to think the worst... ???

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Gpa said:
Thx, CanED and besunshine..

It seems they take about 7-6 months to get AIP right?
What are the chances to get AIP? what happen if someone didn't get AIP?
I'm kinda freaking out here.. I can't help but to think the worst... ???
Yeah I think about 6 months at present. Just relax! Apply for your OWP and take things from there! Don;t be thinking negatively about the process! I forgot about it soon after we put it in the post and only really started thinkign about it once CIC got in contact regarding AIP. The time flew by!