+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
Jolly1 said:
Hey guys, i have one question. As previously stated, My husband and I got married March 2012 and we submitted my application for PR in October. It was received October 25 2012 and we received the letter saying they received it December 21st 2012.
we used a lawyer. we live in Ottawa but our Lawyer is in Toronto. I wish we knew of this forum before we submitted. We did not submitted OWP application in our PR application. i read on here of some one who submitted their application for OWP after the application for PR. since we have a client id number , do you think is okay to submit it now to get a head start of the waiting time?
could you please add me to the spread sheet . i am a frequent visitor on here. some times silent but quite often.
Hello, Jolly1. When did you get your Client id number? Mine was in the AIP letter. Among other things the letter stated: "You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit..." Did you get the same letter?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Even if CIC is really busy with October applications, why they don't change times as '7-8 months'?

I want to hear good news, not only mine but also everyone who is on the same boat!

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
screech339 said:
The next step is to wait for decision made. If you haven't applied for OWP, you can also apply for that as well.

If you want to be put on timesheet, I can add you to it. Would like to know 2 things. Where are you living now and what day did you get your medical test done?

Screech339
Sure, I forgot to ask, pls add me to the timesheet. I knew about OWP, but thank you. I live in Ontario with my husband. I've done my medical exam on May 8, it was e-medical enabled office. They promised that the results would be uploaded to the CIC system within 10 days, it took them 3 weeks though. Its fine, I am happy that the wheels are slowly moving. As I see, some people should of got AIP by this time and still waiting(
So the next step is.. I am going to see the "decision made" on my e-file? how long does it take now, does anyone knows?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Tomorisu said:
Even if CIC is really busy with October applications, why they don't change times as '7-8 months'?

I want to hear good news, not only mine but also everyone who is on the same boat!
Haha, yes! Why, on the same exact page, will they estimate that Stage 1 takes 6 months, when directly below that, they state they are working on apps received 7.5 months ago? I'm giggling over that. I've reached the laugh or go crazy stage.

Just be glad you aren't married to me. My husband is away (AGAIN!) for 5 more weeks, so to amuse myself, I've taken to googling pictures of hairless cats and sending him a new one every day. :p Yep, appears immigration has finally driven me NUTS!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
um_dunno said:
Sure, I forgot to ask, pls add me to the timesheet. I knew about OWP, but thank you. I live in Ontario with my husband. I've done my medical exam on May 8, it was e-medical enabled office. They promised that the results would be uploaded to the CIC system within 10 days, it took them 3 weeks though. Its fine, I am happy that the wheels are slowly moving. As I see, some people should of got AIP by this time and still waiting(
So the next step is.. I am going to see the "decision made" on my e-file? how long does it take now, does anyone knows?
@um_dunno,

Yes the next step after getting AIP is applying for OHIP if you haven't done it already. Next is to just sit tight and wait for decision made email to come to you.

As for how long the second stage to reach Decision Made, really depends. Normally it would take 7-8 months for second part however I have a feeling it would be longer as it has been stuck in Oct for over 9 weeks.

Where about Ontario are you in? What city/town are you in?

Screech339

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
screech339 said:
@ um_dunno,

Yes the next step after getting AIP is applying for OHIP if you haven't done it already. Next is to just sit tight and wait for decision made email to come to you.

As for how long the second stage to reach Decision Made, really depends. Normally it would take 7-8 months for second part however I have a feeling it would be longer as it has been stuck in Oct for over 9 weeks.

Where about Ontario are you in? What city/town are you in?

Screech339
Wow, 7-8 months...( Hoped it would be faster now.
I am in Vaughan.

QuebecOkie, I feel for you.. We started this process inland just so we can be together with my husband. It is such a long way for us too. Hope you will get good news very soon.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
um_dunno said:
Wow, 7-8 months...( Hoped it would be faster now.
I am in Vaughan.

QuebecOkie, I feel for you.. We started this process inland just so we can be together with my husband. It is such a long way for us too. Hope you will get good news very soon.
It can be faster or it can be way too slow. Everyone has been getting DMs, AIPs at different times. Doesn't always follow the same timeline. Canuck2k for example has been waiting for over 500 days since application submitted. Others received AIP and DM all the same day. Others have landed sooner than others even though they received DM after me and we are still waiting for landing letter from our local office (9 weeks since DM). It is like a lottery here. Luck of the draw here.

Count your blessings that you have received AIP May 1st since your application was received October 16th and CIC website is stuck on Oct 8th for 5 weeks now.

BTW: You and Jolly1 have been added to the timesheets. Welcome aboard.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
um_dunno said:
Thanks! :-*

I'm feeling extra whiny these last couple of weeks. I sort of feel like I get the worst of inland (takes longer for American inland applicants than outland, and can't visit family and friends) and outland (came to be with my husband, but he's military, and on the one-year anniversary of our arrival in Québec, he will have spent fully half of that time living away from me on course in Ontario or Alberta). I'm bored and whiny and alone and my (very part-time) French classes only run Sept-Dec and Feb-May, so I have NOTHING going on. Gives me too much time to think about this immigration stuff.

Okay, I swear, I'm done whining. For now! ;D I try to remind myself that we have a good life, that even if it takes him away from home a lot, he has a good, stable job that let us make the decision to marry and move together. There are a lot of people who have it way worse than I do, and I need to remember to be grateful that we've got it so good.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Keep in mind that those posted times are for 80% of applications.

Thus, they may say early October because the haven't hit 80% of applications, but their own internal data is showing that they are still completing most (> 50%) of applications in six months. I don't know that this is true, but it is consistent with what I've observed over the past couple of years.

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
screech339, Thank you for your help. Looking at your spreadsheets.. From AIP to DM is 3.4 months statistically? I can live with that) I think)

QuebecOkie said:
Thanks! :-*

I'm feeling extra whiny these last couple of weeks. I sort of feel like I get the worst of inland (takes longer for American inland applicants than outland, and can't visit family and friends) and outland (came to be with my husband, but he's military, and on the one-year anniversary of our arrival in Québec, he will have spent fully half of that time living away from me on course in Ontario or Alberta). I'm bored and whiny and alone and my (very part-time) French classes only run Sept-Dec and Feb-May, so I have NOTHING going on. Gives me too much time to think about this immigration stuff.

Okay, I swear, I'm done whining. For now! ;D I try to remind myself that we have a good life, that even if it takes him away from home a lot, he has a good, stable job that let us make the decision to marry and move together. There are a lot of people who have it way worse than I do, and I need to remember to be grateful that we've got it so good.
Thats true, I count my blessings too. Of course, my husband not in the military, but I don't have classes either. Rather than to feel anxious over the immigration(grr) I've got myself a hobby, jewellery making. And photo retouching. So many lessons online.. Its ok, time going to pass anyway, use it for some creative projects, learn something new to surprise him, when he gets home)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
After 9 weeks since receiving DM, we finally gotten a landing date letter. We wil be landing June 17. Yayyyyyyy

Screech339

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
After 9 weeks since receiving DM, we finally gotten a landing date letter. We wil be landing June 17. Yayyyyyyy

Screech339
WoW, Congrats Screech. Finally, eh? :D

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:

Screech339
Congrats!! Finally! ;D Today's good news was from you!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Tomorisu said:
Congrats!! Finally! ;D Today's good news was from you!
Thanks Penna and Tomorisu

Yes. Finally the wait for the landing letter has come to an end.
My wife is getting quite excited now. Her wait for PR will soon come to an end.
I didn't waste any time updating the timesheets. Now the timesheets are updated.

Screech339

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Yeeeeiiii!!!

Finally Im a PR!! ... I went in the morning to my 2nd appointment and they had everything ready, I just signed the letter and that was it, no questions asked, they only asked for my passport and then .. "Congratulations" :D

Im so happy is finally over, I just cant wait to get my PR card and go visit my family :D

Guys thank you very much for all your help and support! I'll still around to see when your big day comes for those still waiting! Hope all of you get everything set and done soon as well! :D