Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Loops said:
So finally!! The big day came today!!!

Arrived early to the office and waited for them to open, they send us to a room where a nice lady explained all about being a PR, they started calling names and well I was waiting with my boyfriend all nervous!!

Finally they called my name and the girl didnt even look at my papers, she just told me ... "Yeaaah, so, huuuum, there was a mistake from our side in your documents that we have to correct, unfortunately we don't have system in here so you have to come back tomorrow at 8am! So, see you tomorrow!"

That was it!!! I was not able to get my PR yet because they haven't correct the spelling of my name that every time I have communication with CIC I tell them over the phone, by letters and emails that it is not correct and finally on my landing interview, they realized I sent all the info to correct it but ... they just didn't! :(
That is too bad that you got bumped an extra day to complete the process. At least you didn't get totally screwed over or delayed a few weeks. I updated the timesheet to reflect this change.

Screech339

anna_i87

Mar 30, 2013
My hubby became got his PR status yesterday, at the Etobicoke location. If any of you were there, give me a shout! :D

Good luck to all of you! Your day will come. :-*

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
anna_i87 said:
My hubby became got his PR status yesterday, at the Etobicoke location. If any of you were there, give me a shout! :D

Good luck to all of you! Your day will come. :-*
Congrats to your hubby on his landing. However I would have thought you would be landing in Kitchener if you guys are living in Cambridge.

Timesheets are updated accordingly.

Screech339

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hello everyone When I applied last year I didn't even know this forum existed. It was just some days ago I discovered this forum. I am yet to read the entire thread so to gain more knowledge on this process. So just to say a little about myself, I was always a visitor here in Canada since 2006 .... only came for short vacations. I came to Canada as a student in 2011 but my permit was only for one year because my passport was gonna be expired the following year so after the year instead of renewing my fiance (Canadian citizen) of almost two years decided we should get married and see a lawyer. We did but we got married few days after I was suppose to renew my study permit, does that mean I am not on "implied status" right now, considering I didn't even send in a study permit along with my application?

Also I applied last year and I thought I would have heard something by now from immigration.... I went ahead early this year and applied to a very outstanding school which I got an acceptance ( its extremely difficult to get in). I don't want to miss this opportunity (I applied as an international student.. didn't want to risk it) but I am concerned that I won't even hear back from immigration on time. The school said I should bring in documents from immigration stating my present status... they are ok with implied status but I don't even know if I am here on that status. Can someone explain it to me?
I think the hold up with the applications now is largely due to them trying to get rid of applications received before the Oct 26 big change. They might want to update their system after... dunno... just a speculation..

Meds done...... October 18, 2012

Inland Application received......October 31, 2012

Application started processing......December 27, 2012

Currently.... In process

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
goldmoon said:
Hello everyone When I applied last year I didn't even know this forum existed. It was just some days ago I discovered this forum. I am yet to read the entire thread so to gain more knowledge on this process. So just to say a little about myself, I was always a visitor here in Canada since 2006 .... only came for short vacations. I came to Canada as a student in 2011 but my permit was only for one year because my passport was gonna be expired the following year so after the year instead of renewing my fiance (Canadian citizen) of almost two years decided we should get married and see a lawyer. We did but we got married few days after I was suppose to renew my study permit, does that mean I am not on "implied status" right now, considering I didn't even send in a study permit along with my application?

Also I applied last year and I thought I would have heard something by now from immigration.... I went ahead early this year and applied to a very outstanding school which I got an acceptance ( its extremely difficult to get in). I don't want to miss this opportunity (I applied as an international student.. didn't want to risk it) but I am concerned that I won't even hear back from immigration on time. The school said I should bring in documents from immigration stating my present status... they are ok with implied status but I don't even know if I am here on that status. Can someone explain it to me?
I think the hold up with the applications now is largely due to them trying to get rid of applications received before the Oct 26 big change. They might want to update their system after... dunno... just a speculation..

Meds done...... October 18, 2012

Inland Application received......October 31, 2012

Application started processing......December 27, 2012

Currently.... In process
Hi goldmoon,

If you want to be put on the timesheet let me know. I would also like to know what city you are living now and what country you are coming from.

As for implied status, your student visa would be considered implied if you submitted it before your student visa expired. I'm not 100% sure on this. So far was getting that implied status applied to visitors status and work visas. Don't know about student visas. So I am going to assume it applies to student visas.

Screech339

anna_i87

Mar 30, 2013
screech339 said:
Congrats to your hubby on his landing. However I would have thought you would be landing in Kitchener if you guys are living in Cambridge.

Timesheets are updated accordingly.

Screech339
I didn't even think of that.
I believe reason being is because our application address was originally our lawyer's and he's in Toronto(downtown). So that's my guess.

mengmeng

Apr 16, 2013
hello id like to know if i can apply for open work permit together with my inland application.been out of status and just want to do things right now.or is it still better for me to just do outland.reason for me doing inland is because my son has a disability and i need to be here to be his advocate .

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
screech339 said:
Hi goldmoon,

If you want to be put on the timesheet let me know. I would also like to know what city you are living now and what country you are coming from.

As for implied status, your student visa would be considered implied if you submitted it before your student visa expired. I'm not 100% sure on this. So far was getting that implied status applied to visitors status and work visas. Don't know about student visas. So I am going to assume it applies to student visas.

Screech339

Hi Screech339, Am living in Toronto, and am from the Caribbean. Yes please add me to the timesheet,

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
goldmoon said:
Hi Screech339, Am living in Toronto, and am from the Caribbean. Yes please add me to the timesheet,
What country in the caribbean?

Screech339

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
am hoping that the cic website is hopefully gonna start moving tomorrow from October 8 because Friday is the last day in may and june will be 8 months for October applicants for stage one approval whereas the website states that should take only 6 mnths so if they don't change it they can expect a large volume of calls from next week from the October - November 2012 applicants.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
folks-g said:
am hoping that the cic website is hopefully gonna start moving tomorrow from October 8 because Friday is the last day in may and june will be 8 months for October applicants for stage one approval whereas the website states that should take only 6 mnths so if they don't change it they can expect a large volume of calls from next week from the October - November 2012 applicants.
Couldn't agree more!!!

They work so slow these days :(

Can't wait to get my sponsor approval and open work permit begining of next month if they done on time.

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
mikekmk said:
My friend who did Outland and the whole process only took 3.5 months... Applied in feb and just got approved. Coming here in June.. If I knew it would take this long for inland application... I would have done it differently.i heard inland application didnt used to take this long.. Usually around 4-6 months. What happened? Seems like its taking forever now..
a friend of mine did outland and she is still waiting, Submitted in November 2012 so they dont all go that fast.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
we need to see some movement this forum has been too quiet for too long I have a feeling that things are gonna change for better after they start moving pass October applicants.

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
I am completing the online application to bring my 2 step- daughters to Canada to visit. when I spoke to a CIC agent they told me we can apply for them through hubby's CIC account. has anyone ever done this that can help me? I filled out everything uploaded all the documents but when i try to continue it says:

The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

But of course they wont match the application is for his Daughter? and the CIC account is his, any help please.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
mikekmk said:
You've got to be kidding me... 18 months? Why is it taking so long? And some people from 2010? There's got to be something wrong with their applications... Maybe their marriage doesn't seem genuine or else I don't see why it would take so long...
I just got a landing interview and i applied in 2010, but then my application is not under family category