31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mimi263

Spreadsheet update. Welcome to the club!

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
Hi Everyone!
Got AIP yesterday!! My internet doesn't work until now so I just have the good news minutes ago... but I don't have time to be happy because they ask me 1st, for my police certificate (in the website says that only they can ask to my home country government for that) but at least I know that I can ask to somebody there to do that for me... now, the big problem and what is the only thing that worried me is they ask me for renew my passport :eek: :-[ (expire July 2013) and this takes like 6months!!!! :( they only gives me 3 months to send all the additional request (police certificate and new passport) I feel now worst than the first time because I didn't expect they ask me for a new passport... If I don't send the new passport in 3 months I will lost everything... I don't know what to do... Also they said to apply for a OWP, but I paid and sent the paper with my application, so now I'm not sure why they ask me to apply for one... please any advise will be appreciate! :)

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
rossal- said:
Hi Everyone!
Got AIP yesterday!! My internet doesn't work until now so I just have the good news minutes ago... but I don't have time to be happy because they ask me 1st, for my police certificate (in the website says that only they can ask to my home country government for that) but at least I know that I can ask to somebody there to do that for me... now, the big problem and what is the only thing that worried me is they ask me for renew my passport :eek: :-[ (expire July 2013) and this takes like 6months!!!! :( they only gives me 3 months to send all the additional request (police certificate and new passport) I feel now worst than the first time because I didn't expect they ask me for a new passport... If I don't send the new passport in 3 months I will lost everything... I don't know what to do... Also they said to apply for a OWP, but I paid and sent the paper with my application, so now I'm not sure why they ask me to apply for one... please any advise will be appreciate! :)
Hi Rossal , Congratulations for the AIP!!!!!

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
wolanila said:
Congrats Rossal!!

Happy journeys in stage 2
canham2012 said:
Hi Rossal , Congratulations for the AIP!!!!!
Thanks!

Anyone here have a similar case? they ask for renew the passport? This really freak me out :eek: :'(... because from my country you can't renew the passport, you need to apply for a new one and this could take up to 6 months!!! they only gives me 3 months to send the "renew" of my passport and the police clearance (this can be faster to get it) so now I'm scared because I don't want to get my aplication refused cause my passport even when is still valid :(

Another question is they ask me to apply for an OWP but I already sent with my application... this is normal? I will have another letter? Thanks in advance! I will love to hear some similar situation. I know I need to stay calm but this really makes me so nervous... because I know how long take to get a new passport here and this whole process is so stressfull and when they ask for something that you don't expect and can't get in that time is even more stressfull :(

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
rossal- said:
Thanks!

Anyone here have a similar case? they ask for renew the passport? This really freak me out :eek: :'(... because from my country you can't renew the passport, you need to apply for a new one and this could take up to 6 months!!! they only gives me 3 months to send the "renew" of my passport and the police clearance (this can be faster to get it) so now I'm scared because I don't want to get my aplication refused cause my passport even when is still valid :(

Another question is they ask me to apply for an OWP but I already sent with my application... this is normal? I will have another letter? Thanks in advance! I will love to hear some similar situation. I know I need to stay calm but this really makes me so nervous... because I know how long take to get a new passport here and this whole process is so stressfull and when they ask for something that you don't expect and can't get in that time is even more stressfull :(
Hi rossal-, congrats for your AIP, would suggest you call CIC and see whats their take on that. I am sure an agent would be able to give you the better advise.

AleMenBoj

Nov 11, 2012
Hi!

I just saw on Ecas that CIC started processing my application on Dec 06. How long does it take to get AIP and the OWP??

Thanks so much for the help!!!

:D

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Nigea said:
i just tried to validate my OWP but even though I put N/A in spaces it would not validate without expected duration dates. What do you put in there?
I filed my OWP with my PR app and just did some math, 6 months from submission was my start date and made my end date a year later. However, I attached an additional piece of paper saying that I was applying for OWP after receiving AIP. This negates having to fill in details like prospective employer, etc. I also wasn't sure which box to tick for what I was applying for - extending, work visa with new employer, etc. So I ticked one and then made mention that I was confused by the question and what I was wanting to do - apply for OWP. computergeek mentioned to me a while ago that CIC sees all types of applications and are pretty good at figuring out what people are trying to do. Remember, CIC isn't in the business of screwing people over, they have processes to follow, but they're also there to help. A call to CIC never hurts :)

Cheers

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rossal- said:
Hi Everyone!
First, that three month deadline is artificial. If you need more time, tell them and tell them how much more time you expect to need.

Second, see if you can get a travel document more quickly. While they ask for a passport, they can use a travel document.

As for OWP, my guess is that you got a form letter, so they probably will process the OWP application next.

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys I have a question, so we mailed our application last Wednesday. My husbands status currently is a refugee, his claim was rejected but his lawyer is appealing it. My question is, can he enroll on school? He received his renewal for his work permit so that's great and he's working part time but were looking at him going back to school. Do you guys know if this is possible?

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
mimi263 said:
Hey guys I have a question, so we mailed our application last Wednesday. My husbands status currently is a refugee, his claim was rejected but his lawyer is appealing it. My question is, can he enroll on school? He received his renewal for his work permit so that's great and he's working part time but were looking at him going back to school. Do you guys know if this is possible?
My wife was attending school during the period when she was rejected by the refugee board untill she won the appeal court....if the study permit was not expired when he got rejected then there should be no problem...when u dothe appeal and u get the confirmation letter from federal court u can re apply for the study permit again if it's expired already....but his health program will be stoped and he needs to renew that each month during this period

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
We got our AIP! The letter was dated December 5th and our consultant just got it in the mail today. We sent our OWP application sometime in the fall after we had already submitted our application and they extended my husband's work permit until December 2014 (he's currently on a post graduation work permit that was going to expire July 2013)

So relieved! Press on everyone:)

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Congratulations Besunshine!!!!!!! I hope stage two moves quickly for you. Updated your info in the spreadsheet

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
We got our AIP! The letter was dated December 5th and our consultant just got it in the mail today. We sent our OWP application sometime in the fall after we had already submitted our application and they extended my husband's work permit until December 2014 (he's currently on a post graduation work permit that was going to expire July 2013)

So relieved! Press on everyone:)

Congrats!!!!!!!