Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
AddledSage said:
Why the heck did mine take so long. Sent August 2010. Received in October. Started processing June 2011.
REALLY??? Maybe it is a mistake or they found your file lost in the pile.....did they give you an explanation? did you talk with a call centre agent?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
The waiting time from AIP to the landing interview completely depends on your local office.
yes, I'm still waiting for the landing interview date and my AIP was 29 th of april......

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
mujeebshah said:
CIC website says 9 months for stage-1 and 9 months for stage-2. But in your case tracking, I see that some applied in Sep, got approved in June, and landed in July. How is that possible?

Also, I want to find out that can you apply for medical benefits, take courses at college as local students, apply for a driving license and apply for child tax benefits.

Thanks

For the case tracking, for example the person applied in September 2010 got approved in June 2011 and landed in July 2011 so that makes sense right? A lot of us who applied in June-Sept last year got first and second stage approval on the same date. Like for my husband, we applied in August 2010, approved in May 30, 2011 and landed in June 23, 2011. Took 10 months and a couple of days for the entire process.
What is the sponsored person status right now in Canada? Valid working permit or implied status? If the working permit is still valid yes you can apply for driver's license and medical benefits. If you are on implied status, in Alberta you cannot apply for health benefits and driver's license until you get your Open Work Permit (OWP).

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hey guys i have a question here

1.Can i order FOSS notes after AIP? And how to order that?

2. will it tell me the status of my like Medical or backgroud check?

thx

AddledSage

Jul 17, 2011
Inlandappl said:
REALLY??? Maybe it is a mistake or they found your file lost in the pile.....did they give you an explanation? did you talk with a call centre agent?
I talked to an agent, but didn't ask. I assumed it was standard based on the waiting times posted on their website.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovely20 said:
For the case tracking, for example the person applied in September 2010 got approved in June 2011 and landed in July 2011 so that makes sense right? A lot of us who applied in June-Sept last year got first and second stage approval on the same date. Like for my husband, we applied in August 2010, approved in May 30, 2011 and landed in June 23, 2011. Took 10 months and a couple of days for the entire process.
What is the sponsored person status right now in Canada? Valid working permit or implied status? If the working permit is still valid yes you can apply for driver's license and medical benefits. If you are on implied status, in Alberta you cannot apply for health benefits and driver's license until you get your Open Work Permit (OWP).
If you are landed you are a permanent resident. None of the other permits or statuses matter now.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
AddledSage said:
I talked to an agent, but didn't ask. I assumed it was standard based on the waiting times posted on their website.

if that is confirmed (that they started processing your application in june 2011) then they had definitely forgotten your application in a pile....but did you try to log in in ecas? usually from there it shoud say when it really started processing. i sent my application in july 2010 and the started processing it mid september 2010. all the applicants from the same period of mine had their application processed in september and the ones that sent it in august had their appl processed in october. call centre agents use the excuse of the timeline of the website not to give you too much info and basically pass to another call. all times of processing seem pretty inflated on their webiste anyway....now they open applications even earlier than 2 moths aftert they received it. i saw some posts of people that send the application in april 2011 and it started processing mid may.....not even 1 month....check your ecas

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I have news !!!!!!!

called CIC , they told me , next step is , decison letter from local office and an interview ....is this the end ??? have my security checks finished ???

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
eyeoftheocean said:
I have news !!!!!!!

called CIC , they told me , next step is , decison letter from local office and an interview ....is this the end ??? have my security checks finished ???
Forgive me for asking, but maybe you can help a few of us understand the system! Do you have any idea as to why your application has taken so long? Jan 2009? Right??

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
yes thats right, and my case is quite unique , not like everyone else who applies, I had to go through security interviews, with CSIS and also CBSA has had their involvement for 9 months too.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
eyeoftheocean said:
I have news !!!!!!!

CONGRATULATION, eyeoftheocean!!!!
OMG, you got an approval after so long processing period!!!!
I read your story, and i am so happy for you. You were waited for a decision almost three years and you did not loose a believe! I can't imagine what you are feeling now! But take this congratulation from my heart!

Did you check eCAS for updates?

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
E-CAS still says ' IN PROCESS' the dude at CIC says its still showing ' IN PROCESS' too ..I am praying this is the end now , it hasnt really sank in, when the dude at CIC told me I never even got excited , I just said how long till the interview, he says he didnt know . When I put the phone down, I could have kicked my self for not asking if me security checks were done ..I cant believe this is happening , someone slap me LOL ..

Thankyou for the congrats, im not sure if you should be congratulating me just yet , maybe I was hearing things :-[

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
If decision was made and they have sent you a notification letter, eCas will show the changes to the end of week (usually it takes 2 days).
Just wait for several days more and stay positive!

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Thanks, knowing my luck it will be another 12 months :( I wont believe it till I have the letter in my hand , then I wll probably puke with excitement lol .

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
rjessome said:
If you are landed you are a permanent resident. None of the other permits or statuses matter now.
I believe he was asking what his wife can get at the moment. From his previous posts it seems they haven't received first stage approval yet that's why I was asking for his wife's status prior to submission of application. I believe he was also asking why some of us got landed in less than a year.