Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Black-Berry said:
Im landed!..
Took 20 minutes if that!.
Went in Again the IO was there only for me as the office doesnt open on Tuesdays,!. paid my 490.00 She stamped my passport gave me a form to read about SIN Care etc and we left!. that took ab 20 minutes
She was more excited than me!!. She gave us hugs!. (YES MY IO!)
It was the most smoothest thing that has happened!... when she saidf am done, i thought she was lying./.

I have to wait six week to get the PR card, cantyt travel, have to wait to get my card to apply for my new SIN... ,
Congrats Girl! Im so happy for you both. It was a long hard road but you made it. :)
Welcome to your new bright future. :-*

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
gigi1612 said:
In that case i wish you all the best and a lot of happiness in you marriage!!! :D
thank u! same to u!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Just wanted to say that I have a lot of messages I want to write back to people but it may be late.
For now I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Black-Berry! I thought of you all day. You deserve every bit of happiness you can get.

Also, just wanted to announce the newest update on the timeline:
(working on applications received on May 25, 2010)

Which means look out June applicants, good news is coming your way now! Yay! :D

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, so much good news! YAY!

I applied for my OWP this week, so if they don't return my application I am going to be able to work soon.

I also got the requested police certificates from my country, I am just waiting for the translation to be complete. I am not in any hurry to send it since they gave me 90 days. And probably the documents won't be attached to my file for a while(3 months).

If it all go smoothly I will be landing beginning of next year. :) I am ok with that as long as I am working and keeping myself busy! :p

good luck to you all! xo

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Hello All,

Congrats to everyone who received good news....it is nice to see them making some serious progress :D!

Looking for a bit of advice for a somewhat sticky situation. As I am sure most of you know Quebec has a few additional immigration guidelines than the rest of Canada. We are currently residing in Montreal and both full time students. For the summer my man has been offered a position in Ottawa (he is currently in law school and it is a very acclaimed internship and ridiculously competitive to actually get the position-he applied thinking it would be a good experience not that he would be the 1 person in 100 that they chose). I have decided I am going to go to Ottawa with him as I have an off-campus work permit which is valid anywhere in Canada so I can just pick up a job there.

We are going to keep our apartment and mailing address in Montreal but sublet the space and will be living in Ottawa for 3-4 months. I am wondering whether I should change my address with CIC (which then means figuring out what to do about the application with Quebec) or leave it the same as we will return to Montreal every few weekends to check on our apartment as is. Just wondering if anyone else has found themselves in a situation where during the applicatoin process they have spent a temporary (but kind of long) period of time in another province.

Just looking for a little advice, even if nobody has an answer love to know what you all think!

Thanks,
Skier

YMCA

Apr 21, 2010
Hello Everyone.. just check my email and got the update from E-CAS

Finally, my status says.. Decision Made.. Not in Process anymore..

We received your application for permanent residence on April 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 13, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on February 2, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. ( Feb 24, 2011)

We sent you a letter on March 28, 2011 to ........ about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

This is about a month and 4 days after I got AIP and OWP.

Have a nice Day.. and will let you know about next step..

;D :D ;)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Love_Young said:
Just wanted to say that I have a lot of messages I want to write back to people but it may be late.
For now I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Black-Berry! I thought of you all day. You deserve every bit of happiness you can get.

Also, just wanted to announce the newest update on the timeline:
(working on applications received on May 25, 2010)

Which means look out June applicants, good news is coming your way now! Yay! :D
Woohoo, they moved 9 days!!! they haven't move that much in a long time. It's getting closer, i am starting to see a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
Hello All,

Congrats to everyone who received good news....it is nice to see them making some serious progress :D!

Looking for a bit of advice for a somewhat sticky situation. As I am sure most of you know Quebec has a few additional immigration guidelines than the rest of Canada. We are currently residing in Montreal and both full time students. For the summer my man has been offered a position in Ottawa (he is currently in law school and it is a very acclaimed internship and ridiculously competitive to actually get the position-he applied thinking it would be a good experience not that he would be the 1 person in 100 that they chose). I have decided I am going to go to Ottawa with him as I have an off-campus work permit which is valid anywhere in Canada so I can just pick up a job there.

We are going to keep our apartment and mailing address in Montreal but sublet the space and will be living in Ottawa for 3-4 months. I am wondering whether I should change my address with CIC (which then means figuring out what to do about the application with Quebec) or leave it the same as we will return to Montreal every few weekends to check on our apartment as is. Just wondering if anyone else has found themselves in a situation where during the applicatoin process they have spent a temporary (but kind of long) period of time in another province.

Just looking for a little advice, even if nobody has an answer love to know what you all think!

Thanks,
Skier
You can change the address with CIC on the phone calling the call centre(very easy and it's done on the spot) but because you change province i don't know if i would do it...actually i wouldn't ,I don't know if it could jeopardize your application..... especially if you can trust people receiving your mail in your montreal apartment i would let them pick up your mail. what i would do is to keep the old address and call the call centre more often(every month or so) to see if there are news on your application and if they tried to contact you...also leave a cell phone number(if you have one) so you are always reachable if they don't find you at home. let the people in your apartment answer the phone and tell CIC (in case they call) that you are away for a couple of days and that they left the house to a friend....because you sent the application is september you will probably not hear from CIC before mid may....

YMCA

Apr 21, 2010
I just got the letter in the mail box

Landing interview: Tuesday, April 19th, 2011

Time : 8.30 am in Lethbridge, Alberta (Where I live)

Its really fast... I just got the E-cas update this morning that they sent out the letter on March 28. Today is March 30!!

Hope everyone hears the good news sooon..

Material

Feb 16, 2011
YMCA said:

Its really fast... I just got the E-cas update this morning that they sent out the letter on March 28. Today is March 30!!

CONGRATS !!! :) :) :) :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
YMCA said:

Congratulations!! Let the PR(good) times roll hehehehehe :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Teriskier said:
Hello All,

Thanks,
Skier
An option could be to have your mail forwarded/redirected to your new address for the duration of your stay???
When I changed my address on ecas I think it said it can take up to 15 days to go through. I think that means anything that may be posted within that time frame may still go to the old address.

YMCA

Apr 21, 2010
:D :D :D thank you kiwikris 8)....

By the way, just realized the Laning interview Letter has sent from Lethbridge that's why I receied the letter within one day!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Teriskier said:
Hello All,

Thanks,
Skier
Of course a great BIG CONGRATULATIONS to your man for getting this postion! :)