Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Material said:
This is my 100 th post...woohooo >>Im officially addicted ;D
Welcome to the family! ;) Better than my over 1,000 posts.
Now who is addicted? Lol.

P.S. Thank you so very much for posted your story. Both hubby and I smiled a lot while reading it. So glad you got your happy ending to your love story and I hope others do too.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi everyone who's waiting or happily landed!

What's the deal with not travelling while your PR application is in process? Are there any official restrictions? I have a valid work permit, which technically would allow me to come back to Canada without problems, wouldn’t it?

Thanks for your opinions!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hi Latvian,
There is nothing wrong with trying to travel during the Inland process. They just don't encourage it because IF you weren't allowed back into Canada then your PR application becomes void. Then the waiting would have been for nothing and you would more than likely need to apply again Outland. And for those that aren't from a visa-exempt country, they are at a very high risk of not being let back in. However, if you are from a visa-exempt country, hold a visitor visa/record/extension, study/work permit, or multiple visit visa then you may have a better chance of being let back especially if you have proof of your application and the sponsor travels with you. Always know though that until you are a Canadian citizen or PR, you don't have any right to enter Canada and you can be turned around at any time or worse banned.

All in all, I wouldn't take a chance unless it was a real serious emergency at home.
Just doesn't seem worth the risk and worry otherwise.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Latvian said:
Hi everyone who's waiting or happily landed!

What's the deal with not travelling while your PR application is in process? Are there any official restrictions? I have a valid work permit, which technically would allow me to come back to Canada without problems, wouldn't it?

Thanks for your opinions!
You don't need to post the same question everywhere, everyone can see new posts.

Reply here
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t46995.0.html;topicseen

dikoru

Nov 30, 2010
advice on new application

dear nigerian please advice ur guy:
i have a bachelor and master degree in computer engineering with 4 years working experience in a network company single,34 year old do i stand any chance of migrating to canada.
well be very happy to read from you all,hope to sit from elts exam come april/ 2 /2011.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello friends,
Thnaks for your reply.
TheresaLynn...................so they told you to wait for 1 month more for AIP & OWP ?! on what date you asked them? I mean if you asked them already one month ago than your OWP & AIP are on the way right?

Best of luck people

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Re: advice on new application

dikoru said:
dear nigerian please advice ur guy:
i have a bachelor and master degree in computer engineering with 4 years working experience in a network company single,34 year old do i stand any chance of migrating to canada.
well be very happy to read from you all,hope to sit from elts exam come april/ 2 /2011.
Please go kindly go away. This thread is to help others in the inland process. I am helping no one, find their way to Canada. They can do that on their own. Ask recruiters, lawyers, or consultants on how you may immigrate to Canada. Also, I am not nigerian. Please go to the right section of this forum instead of randomly posting in other threads that are not going to help.
Go to this section: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0
We cannot help you here. Goodbye!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Mark_Anna said:
Hello friends,
Thnaks for your reply.
TheresaLynn...................so they told you to wait for 1 month more for AIP & OWP ?! on what date you asked them? I mean if you asked them already one month ago than your OWP & AIP are on the way right?

Best of luck people
i think on Monday i called and they told me it should be a month and half. There has been no decision made, she told me background checks are being completed. So i hope she is right but you never know.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think im going crazy...
i cant wait anymore :(
im getting really depressed
when do you think I might get an answer?
:S

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cmilo said:
I think im going crazy...
i cant wait anymore :(
im getting really depressed
when do you think I might get an answer?
:S
Judging from time of your CSQ I'd say within two weeks

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really hope so! I check the automated service all the time and it always says " we are assesing your application and we will give you an answer by December 31st 2010 (?) ) its insane! :(

and e-cas doesnt really change either...

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Cmilo said:
I really hope so! I check the automated service all the time and it always says " we are assesing your application and we will give you an answer by December 31st 2010 (?) ) its insane! :(

and e-cas doesnt really change either...
Try to relax and occupy yourself with sth else :)...I know it seems impossible but it's the best you can do :) I'm not any better of course, yesterday it took me 2 hours to sleep, which is not like me at all ;D. You see below my timeline... I ve been checking for 10 months the processing times and dreaming that one day it's going to show "working on applications received on May 3, 2010". Well, it's three weeks now that the days are advancing beyond this date, and I haven't had any responce, yet. Nothing. At the call centre they told me that everything is fine and to call again if I don't receive anything in 1-4 months!!!! :eek:!!!!! They said that applicants from Quebec take longer... Maybe that "freeze" of the processing times on the 4th of may for two weeks has sth to do with this delay...I just hope my application has not fallen behind the desk!

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konstantinos said:
Try to relax and occupy yourself with sth else :)...I know it seems impossible but it's the best you can do :) I'm not any better of course, yesterday it took me 2 hours to sleep, which is not like me at all ;D. You see below my timeline... I ve been checking for 10 months the processing times and dreaming that one day it's going to show "working on applications received on May 3, 2010". Well, it's three weeks now that the days are advancing beyond this date, and I haven't had any responce, yet. Nothing. At the call centre they told me that everything is fine and to call again if I don't receive anything in 1-4 months!!!! :eek:!!!!! They said that applicants from Quebec take longer... Maybe that "freeze" of the processing times on the 4th of may for two weeks has sth to do with this delay...I just hope my application has not fallen behind the desk!
Gosh! I really dont understand why they take so long and its not supposed to take longer even if we are in Quebec, its part of the agreement with the MICC...
I guess i just have to wait but its so hard sometimes... Im glad we can cheer each other up! it helps a lot
:)

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I'm wondering where everyone is living in Canada now? Do you like the city? Is there anything special in your city that you'd like to share ?

I live in Nanaimo which is located in Vancouver Island, the second big city on the island. It's a quite small town to me and it's more like a place for retirement people since I've met so many already. I'm actually planning to move to other city later after landing.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Guess who feels like a big girl now with her grown up pants on? ME!! Lol.
It has taken me a week to do but I finished up both my US and Canada tax returns tonight. Don't know how good I did but still proud of myself and ready to mail them off in the morning. And I know I didn't need to mail a US tax return because of no income but oh well, doesn't hurt to let them know there isn't any money they can take from me because I don't make any. :p Ahh....and what is that feeling? Relaxation. What, I haven't felt that in forever. Time to take a break from taxes until next year. Thank goodness they are only once a year.

Ignore me while I throw my own party for myself. Yay, I did them both all by myself. Go me!

Hope everyone is having a goodnight!