File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
boasorte said:
Thank you, I really need luck.

I am aware that my case is not one of those straightforward ones. It has to do with my relationship with my partner, like age difference, different levels of education, where I am from and so on...

Good luck to all of us, and that from now on the timeline start to get faster.
Hi boasorte

I'd like to share my case if it would comfort you a little.
The age difference between my bf and I is 13 yrs and I complete college and he's highschool. I come from Asian country and he's 100% English :p He likes rock&roll music but I don't, he's kinda expert about construction area but I have only worked in sales, marketing industry.....blahlah....a lot if CIC really want to be "picky" on it :p :p

I believe that as long as our relationship is true, the God will look after us.
Please smile and relax, I believe you'll be fine and I'll hear your good news soon.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
adzees said:
Yup you can either do that, or you have can wait till Vegreville ask you for your son's medical. In my opinion, you should wait for a medical request of your son from Vegreville.

Currently the first stage approval time line is approximately 9-10 months. By the time immigration officer will start to process and finalize your case, your son's medical will already be expired given that medical has one year validity.
Hi adzees

I think you might be right bcos your answer is totally the same as the CIC call center ;D
I was just trying to "reduce" the waiting time.....I know it's silly... :)
Thanks for being so kind to give me the advise.....

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Franpich said:
Hello,

My wife and I are in need of some reassurance right now. I am a Canadian citizen married to a Cambodian and I am sponsoring her(in Canada) and her son(who is still in Cambodia).

We sent the whole package and extension of visa application Nov 23rd, 2010 but have heard nothing. we first thought we would hear something in 3 months... now it seems our package will not be opened for maybe another 6 months!!!! is this true?

How can we communicate with a real person at CIC when we have no Client ID???? It's very frustrating.

My stepson in cambodia is 13yo and we had hoped to bring him to Canada this summer. How can we do that? Should we try to get him a visitors visa?

Thanks for being here, Franpich
They open application 2 1/2 to 3 months after it is received by them. This is when they check to make sure all the things are paid for and included that needs to be. Then it goes back into a queue line and wait to be assessed anywhere from 5-8 months later depending on the wait timeline at the time. You will not receive any letter from CIC until you are (hopefully) approved for AIP which will be 9-10 months (closer to 10 months) after they received your application. The only time you will receive any thing from them is if they request documents from you. And you the client ID is the same for the PR application as listed on visitor visas, extension, work or study permits. If you don't have it, you can ask what it is by calling this number. 1-888-242-2100. That is the CIC hotline.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Material said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP .........WOOOHOOO WHAT A RELIEF ;D ;D ;D
Thanks Teresalynn it so sweet that you remembered I had an interview.
Wish you all the best on your case

We are so happy :)
awww CONGRATS! :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
angtao said:
Does anyone know why they would not have even opened my friends file yet? Are they assigning client id's to packages that were sent from May 11,2010 as per the website?

Also, did you inlanders pay the entire amount to CIC which is about $1050 or $1150 or did you just do the $475 plus $75 when you sent in your application? We are sending ours out on Friday. Thanks god.
did ur friends call CIC to ask bout it? lately it takes 9-10 months to hear smthing about the application.

u have to pay:
75 for sponsor
475 for principal applicant
150 for open work permit OR 75 for visa extension

490 right of PR fee u can pay at the landing interview or can pay at the beginning with other amount. it doesnt matter. i paid it at landing.

infineon

Mar 16, 2011
Introduction.. Finally found this forum and it seems to be great help, not only for people who are applying but for sponsors as well.

Now to the govmt app.. We applied for perm res for her in October 2010 and to this day haven't heard anything. Is that normal? It's almost 5 month..

Also my girl has been working already with a company for 2 years on her post grad work permit (she studied in Canada), which has now expired. We have tried to get a new work visa for her, but they basically stated that foreign nationals can't apply until Perm res application is determined to be processed in Canada. No idea exactly what that means.

Now does she have to quit her job and wait till the monkeys in Vegerville do their job?
Sorry for sounding sarcastic, but have a crying wife here which sucks.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Asta, we only paid the $475 plus $75. Do we have to pay $150 for a work permit? Doesn't that come with AIP?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
What is going on? So many new people joining today and ALL of them asking the same freaking questions but just a tad bit different.

Please give me a break and do all of us a favor here. First read the manuals, guides, CIC site, read some threads and THEN ask your questions. Is it seriously that hard to just read what I post. If someone that applied MONTHS before you and they haven't got an answer yet then guess what, you won't be getting one either at least not yet. It takes 9-10 months from the time Vegreville gets your application to receive an answer no matter where your from, what your different circumstances are, or when you applied. That is just how it is. And no you probably won't be able to sign into ECAS (its messing up) and no you won't know if you are approved/denied before then. No you won't receive a letter from them unless it is to ask for more documents. Ahh..I am sorry to get mad but being asked several times in a row today by new members of the same thing, I am just getting sick of it. I can offer help but do some research first. It isn't that hard. *screams* Ahhhhhhhh.....

P.S. Don't think I don't want to help or that I am always like this but seriously read a bit then ask.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Baloo said:
Been there, got the T shirt :mad:
LOL

Seriously, I mean most days I am calm about it but what does everyone think, that I have waited 8 months for nothing and they should get an answer before me or others? If we all have had to wait then they do too. It is just the truth of it. And it really isn't that hard to do some research and then ask, is it? Like for example, for me at least, I search and search and search all day long to find my own answers on the internet. If I can't find it there then I search for topics. If it isn't mentioned in ANY threads that I can find or that is recent then I ask.
Some people just want us to do the research for them. ::)

(Just a rough day....ignore me!
)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Baloo said:
Start using "let me google that for you".

http://lmgtfy.com/
*high five* L-O-L

Oh man...you keep me sane. Thank you. By the way, I so bookmarked that.
Hubby laughed with me as well when I showed him.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
*high five* L-O-L

Oh man...you keep me sane. Thank you. By the way, I so bookmarked that.
Hubby laughed with me as well when I showed him.
I would like an upgraded version, one that comes with a remote USB hand - that reaches out and slaps the back of peoples heads ;D ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Oh man, no way! That would be awesome for certain circumstances. Go and develop it Baloo. :p
Love love love that link by the way. :D