Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Hello everyone. I have a question. Does everyone who lived in the States have to get a FBI clearance, I lived there but I only got a clearance from the city I lived in. Is that enough?

sam0329

Dec 10, 2009
lizet said:
Hello! I just want to ask all of you how long it took to get your open work permit? (From the date you sent the application of)
My application was received Feb 17th 2010. And I received my Open work permit on Nov 11, 2010.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Wow sam0329, that is a really long time! Did you apply on paper or online? Do I understand well that you applied after getting AIP and not with your PR application?

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
I applied for OWP with inland PR sponsorship. Application received on 18th Jan in Vegreville and I got OWP and AIP 19th Oct, so yes it does take a while.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
coldgirl said:
Hello everyone. I have a question. Does everyone who lived in the States have to get a FBI clearance, I lived there but I only got a clearance from the city I lived in. Is that enough?
ColdGirl,

not sure if you got the State Clearance from the city you lived in, but you have to submit your FBI Clearance as part of your application. It takes 3 months to receive an FBI clearance certificate.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think so. Police clearance in the USA means FBI clearance based on fingerprint. This is mandatory for Canadian immigration purpose.

coldgirl said:

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats yulye. Question for you, when you were able to see the status on ecas for the first time? Like how many months after application filing date?

If any other person knows, please share. Thanks.

yulye said:
Finally, our application is moving along!! I hope this means AIP and an OWP for my partner!

"We received your application for permanent residence on February 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted."

Our e-CAS status was updated this morning, and yesterday the CIC website changed the application processing date to applications received on Feb 15. Looks like the actual processing times are exactly in line with what CIC says on their website!

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
chandu007 said:
I don't think so. Police clearance in the USA means FBI clearance based on fingerprint. This is mandatory for Canadian immigration purpose.
Yes, but in the US, you can get clearance from the State Police as well from FBI. What is required for Canadian immigration is the FBI Clearance and NOT State Clearance...although if you have State Clearance already, you can send that too. Just strengthens your application.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Thanks for the info, lilly and chandu. Would you happen to know how I can go about applying for the FBI cleanrance. Thanks so much.

Im really worried now :'(

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Coldgirl,

You can apply by going through either the CIC website and getting further information about police clearance, it will give you the address and form necessary. Or you can go to any fingerprinting agency and say you need to get an FBI clearance and they should have the forms available. I recommend going with your own copy.

This link has more information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Good luck,
Teriskier
coldgirl said:
Thanks for the info, lilly and chandu. Would you happen to know how I can go about applying for the FBI cleanrance. Thanks so much.

Im really worried now :'(

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Thank you so much Teriskier. This is a big help.

yulye

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
chandu007 said:
Congrats yulye. Question for you, when you were able to see the status on ecas for the first time? Like how many months after application filing date?

If any other person knows, please share. Thanks.
Hi Chandu,

We were able to log into e-CAS for the first time in August (6 months after our application was sent), but we didn't know our Client ID number before that, so I'm not sure how early it was actually available. It did not work to log in with the receipt number from our application fee. We called CIC in August and talked to an operator, who told us the Client ID number. We logged in with the number and the principal applicant's information (not the sponsor's).

You may already have a Client ID #, if you have had a visa or work permit from Canada before. If so, the number will remain the same for your PR application and you will be able to log in with that.

Hope this helps!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was able to check my application online 2 1/2 months after sending the application in, it has not said much only "In Process" and dates(when it's received/started working on it)
I managed to get my Client ID number by calling CIC call center, after answering a couple of questions the agent then gave it to me. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I have had my client id # for almost 2 years now because of visitor extensions.
I have tried using both my client id# and receipt number but both do not work. I called about this and the only answer I got was that I probably wouldn't be able to log in until the day they put decision made into e-Cas. Ugh...I guess I will wait 5 more months... ::)

I even registered for the e-Cas tracker months ago and that isn't working as well. I asked Matthew about it and the only thing he could recommend is asking them to reconfirm the spelling and data they have in their computer. I want to do this but I feel as if it would be a waste since it would be difficult to get an agent that actually cares, you know?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
yulye said:
You may already have a Client ID #, if you have had a visa or work permit from Canada before. If so, the number will remain the same for your PR application and you will be able to log in with that.
I have a work permit (WHP). Entering that number on e-Cas doesn't give anything, though...

Since usually people see their first "In progress" two months after mailing, I suppose I need to be patient for another month (I'll admit right away I'm not very good at it). :(