Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
coldgirl said:
Hello everyone,

I just sent in my application on October 30th, finally. It took me forever to gather all the documents. Now the waiting begins. It's so nice to see people who are in the same shoes as me. I've been so frustrated lately, not being able to do anything, but just sit at home. It's really nice to see that everyone is so positive here. I also have a question. If anyone can help me, it would truly be appreciate it. I sent in visa extension and a work permit applications along with my pr application, and I just realized that my passport is going to expire in march 2011. So does this mean I have to renew my passport in order for them to issue me a work permit?

Thanks.
hi, first of all u should have sent either open work permit request or visa extension request. one is enough.

secondly, ur open work permit will be granted after or together with AIP - approval in principal. so it will take about 9 months. and sure u have to renew ur passport before it expires in any case. and when u do it then u have to send info of new passport to immigration centre.

good luck!

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Thanks Asta, for the reply. I will try to get that done asap. 9 months...'sigh' that seems like such a long time, especially for someone who does absolutely nothing. I dont know if I can wait that long, guess I have no choice. :(

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
coldgirl said:
Thanks Asta, for the reply. I will try to get that done asap. 9 months...'sigh' that seems like such a long time, especially for someone who does absolutely nothing. I dont know if I can wait that long, guess I have no choice. :(
time will run fast. im here for a year now and doing nothing which i regret. i wish i went volunteering.. now im just waiting for news from immigration its bout time.

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
Hi Everyone!!!!!! I need advice, I know its a little crazy but I really am thinking of going for a brief trip with my husband to Vegas as he has been invited to a conference and everything is paid for. I applied inland on April 16th I have a Multiple-Entry Visa(from my country) that expires on Nov 2011 and Also a extension for my stay that expires on April 2011. I've heard some people say that as long as you travel with your husband and all your papers in hand, marriage certificate etc...when you come in again it should be no problem altough its a risk, but some people don't recomend it at all.
I called and they asked me a few questions concerning my status, and the guy told me if you have a multiple entry visa that answers your question (about being able to enter again) jhe also said they only thing is that when inside canada, my extension of stay would no longer be valid and I would have my 6 months of stay as my visa allows me, which is ok.
But I'm still thinking if it's worth it to risk my inland application... and not be allowed in again.
Do you guys think they would deny my entry? :/ I'm not a criminal, I'm on a legal status and I have a multiple entry visa, I'm travelling with my husband... can someone give me an advice? have you heard of any stories that would be useful for me about traveling while inland PR application is in process?I'll greatly appreciate other points of views! Thanks!

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
coldgirl said:
Time goes by so fast thses days so your day will come in no time..

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Kris13 said:
[/quo

Hope so Kris, how long have you been waiting?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jean26 said:
Hi Everyone!!!!!! I need advice, I know its a little crazy but I really am thinking of going for a brief trip with my husband to Vegas as he has been invited to a conference and everything is paid for. I applied inland on April 16th I have a Multiple-Entry Visa(from my country) that expires on Nov 2011 and Also a extension for my stay that expires on April 2011. I've heard some people say that as long as you travel with your husband and all your papers in hand, marriage certificate etc...when you come in again it should be no problem altough its a risk, but some people don't recomend it at all.
I called and they asked me a few questions concerning my status, and the guy told me if you have a multiple entry visa that answers your question (about being able to enter again) jhe also said they only thing is that when inside canada, my extension of stay would no longer be valid and I would have my 6 months of stay as my visa allows me, which is ok.
But I'm still thinking if it's worth it to risk my inland application... and not be allowed in again.
Do you guys think they would deny my entry? :/ I'm not a criminal, I'm on a legal status and I have a multiple entry visa, I'm travelling with my husband... can someone give me an advice? have you heard of any stories that would be useful for me about traveling while inland PR application is in process?I'll greatly appreciate other points of views! Thanks!

Well the boring answer is :-
As you know if you leave Canada and are not allowed to return, then your PR application is dead.

I have the same opportunity (a Vegas trip), the difference is that I am applying outland - but even though I am allowed to travel I won't take the chance.

Is the trip really worth the risk - you are gambling with the PR application, all the time, the expense.?
IMHO Vegas will be there after either of us get PR, not worth the risk.

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It really is UP to you to take the risk!
A friend of mine filled her application INLAND and went on vacation with her husband and two kids. On the coming back at the airport she showed her whole application upon request, plus Marriage Certificate, couple of bills proving her address(with her hubby) and print screen from her E-CAS and she was allowed back in. As Canada doesn't record when you leave the country there is no way of the CIC office knowing you have left, the hard part is to proof when you come back, the Officers are hardcore .
Anyway, I wish you LUCK!
Peace...

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
coldgirl said:
Kris13 said:
[/quo

Hope so Kris, how long have you been waiting?
I have been waiting since april and time has gone by so fast... Seems only yday that we came back to Canada for a summer in England. Some of the ppl on here have been waiting since the turn of the year and its now there time..

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Jean26 said:
I wouldnt risk it. ::)

yulye

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
Baloo said:
Well the boring answer is :-
As you know if you leave Canada and are not allowed to return, then your PR application is dead.

I have the same opportunity (a Vegas trip), the difference is that I am applying outland - but even though I am allowed to travel I won't take the chance.

Is the trip really worth the risk - you are gambling with the PR application, all the time, the expense.?
IMHO Vegas will be there after either of us get PR, not worth the risk.
As long as you have a valid visa that's not just implied status, everything should be fine. I have a valid work permit right now + pr application in process and just went to the US a few weeks ago. The officer didn't ask a single question when we went back. Just be safe and bring the e-cas printout, something with your address, bank account printout etc. with you.

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Jean26 said:
Hi
You will not have any problem travelling if you have a multiple entry visitor visa. You are free to travell as long as you have a valid visa. You are travelling with your husband make sure to keep a proof of marriage and thats your marriage certificate.

I have travelled so many times while my inland application is in process, last time i went to England to visit my family my ME visa expired while i wasn in England and I went to the Canadian embassy in London and applied for single entry visa for canada and i was granted a visa.

You will not have any problem travelling.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Well it makes me feel better to see that people have travelled while an inland application is in process. I applied in early September so when I log-on to e-cas it still does not show my case in process. I will need to travel back and forth to the US a few times over the next few months as my father is ill. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to have an application (or at least the pieces of an application that are harder to obtain-such as FBI clearance and medicals) transferred to outland. I would feel more comfortable knowing that I can cross the boarder easily, without having to travel with all of my documents everytime.

Just a little bit of information about me and my relationship. I am American, currently in Canada on a Study-permit, My partner and I have been together for a little over two years and living together for 16 months. We sent our application on September 13th to Vegreville.

I know it's a crazy question, but I figure I would throw it out there before sitting on hold for 30 minutes with the CIC.

Thanks everyone! This forum is a great source of information and it is nice to see everyone's stories since my process started just a few months ago.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
From reading previous threads I believe its impossible to have a file transferred to outland. We witdrew our inland application and applied outland because of being scared of not being able to travel if there was an emergency. Considering you have a valid study permit I imagine you should be able to cross the border without any problems anyhow.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Maybe we should do a poll to see the percentage of how many people have traveled in and out with/without any hassle !