INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Awww. Thanks Love-young and Asta. ..
I have a question. has any of you decided what you will do when you receive your OWP if you have applied for them?. Do you have any experience in any field?. college education etc?
i think for me i want to go back to school when i receive my PR card. Not too sure what i wanna do once i receive my oWP. i just applied for it because i want the flexibility of being able to work if i wanted to and prob save some money and pay some bills :D
Hi Black-Berry,

I think I am going to try to find a job. My husband has been so great about being the only one working that I really want to help out. I have some doubts about finding something I really love here so I know I will have to be open minded and broaden my scope when I begin job-hunting. It is actually a bit frightening to go back to work after having a year and a half off...

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
MexicaTica said:
Hi Black-Berry,

I think I am going to try to find a job. My husband has been so great about being the only one working that I really want to help out. I have some doubts about finding something I really love here so I know I will have to be open minded and broaden my scope when I begin job-hunting. It is actually a bit frightening to go back to work after having a year and a half off...
MexicaTica, My husbands been really awesome too. I started a new thread abt it . we were able to save some money a year prior. so i can say ive been "comfortable". we managed to build our "dream home" in an area we liked and i guess thats been keeping me busy. ive also managed to rack up a credit card and now need to pay it off. Being a fry cook will prob suffice for now :D as well until i decide what i wanna study..
i know what you mean about getting back top work ! Eekk!. Im used to waking up at ten am everyday!..

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Love_Young said:
I made a table chart for all the people have posted about applying inland for this year.
Please let me know if I need to correct anything. :)
awesome! Love_Young your are great! :)
BTW, no news since March...my application is still IN PROCESS...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
You all are sweet and you are welcome. I promise I will make a better one that you can read easier.
Just care about you guys and already feel like family. :-* I hope we can all keep up with each other even after we land.

Black-Berry that is a good question. I mostly applied for one for the same reason. And since I am only 20 and met my husband at 18, I didn't have but like 1 month of working experience but a lot of volunteering. I think it will be an adjustment for me but I am excited. I mostly applied just to help hubby pay off the bills and be more stabilized. I have no idea where I will work but I may have a job lined up with my MIL's boss with homecare. And it pays about $12-14 an hour. But if I have to work at McDonald's or Timmy's then I will settle for that as well. Then I plan to start saving for school. I plan to be a paramedic. That was what I was going to do before my hubby came into my life. Lol.

I also plan to work a few more hours than my husband just so he can focus on his health more and live longer. We also plan to save money for in-vitro since my husband's disease causes him to be infertile but he is still able to have children just no without assistance. So after this battle we have another tough one ahead of us. I can't figure out which is more difficult. Going through in vitro with all the cost and knowing you may not be able to produce a child. Or going through the struggles of immigration. Ugh...life...don't you just love it? Lol.

But we get through what we have to. Right now our plans are as follows:
1. Get our own apartment
2. I get a job
3. I save up for school
4. Hubby applies for scholarship that he can get for his disease
5. Both of us get an education
6. Save up for a home
7. Buy a home
8. Save up for in-vitro (thank goodness it is cheaper in Canada)
9. Have a child
10. Live happily ever after! :)

Here is to hoping all of our lives encounter no problems from here on out and that we live how we want with our loved ones forever. :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Love Young, thats a sweet plan :) wish all the best health for ur husband.
Paramedic is a great profession, well any profession where taking care of people is great. my hubby is personal support worker at Red Cross. i couldnt work in such field, cause dont like doctors since my childhood lol ahh seeing needle makes me dizzy :-X
so firstly im planning to get a job, most likely any job to get some savings. school would be nice later, right now i want to help hubby with our income. we too need to get our own place to live, staying with inlaws right now. great that u made savings, not like us :-X but at least im helping my hubby with paying of small debts like visa etc, since hes not very into finances :D
i actually have university bachelor diploma but i doubt employers would except it here. since im from small country in East Europe, they might not acknowledge it. so i might feel like with no higher education.
im gonna apply for OWP when/if i get AIP. i didnt know back then that i can send OWP request with application together from the start..
well good luck to everybody! :-*

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Love_Young said:
Here is to hoping all of our lives encounter no problems from here on out and that we live how we want with our loved ones forever. :D
Love_Young:
GOOD LUCK & ALL THE BEST!!!!! ;D
Things sometime happen for a reason, though.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Hi fellow Inlanders...I just sent my application for Inland two days ago....I know the processing time has been slow, so i am hoping to watch your timelines in hopes it will give me an idea just how long it will take. Hopefully now that students are back in school things will speed up! Best of Luck!

Quick story about me...my common law partner sponsored me...we have been together living in Montreal for 14 months and travelled prior to that for one year. Our application documented all of our great adventures and included joint lease, bank accounts, and a bunch of letters from family and friends!

It is nice to have the application off my table and in someone else's hands, but scary since it is not longer in my control. I'd love to hear other stories

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Love_Young said:
You all are sweet and you are welcome. I promise I will make a better one that you can read easier.
Just care about you guys and already feel like family. :-* I hope we can all keep up with each other even after we land.

Black-Berry that is a good question. I mostly applied for one for the same reason. And since I am only 20 and met my husband at 18, I didn't have but like 1 month of working experience but a lot of volunteering. I think it will be an adjustment for me but I am excited. I mostly applied just to help hubby pay off the bills and be more stabilized. I have no idea where I will work but I may have a job lined up with my MIL's boss with homecare. And it pays about $12-14 an hour. But if I have to work at McDonald's or Timmy's then I will settle for that as well. Then I plan to start saving for school. I plan to be a paramedic. That was what I was going to do before my hubby came into my life. Lol.

I also plan to work a few more hours than my husband just so he can focus on his health more and live longer. We also plan to save money for in-vitro since my husband's disease causes him to be infertile but he is still able to have children just no without assistance. So after this battle we have another tough one ahead of us. I can't figure out which is more difficult. Going through in vitro with all the cost and knowing you may not be able to produce a child. Or going through the struggles of immigration. Ugh...life...don't you just love it? Lol.

But we get through what we have to. Right now our plans are as follows:
1. Get our own apartment
2. I get a job
3. I save up for school
4. Hubby applies for scholarship that he can get for his disease
5. Both of us get an education
6. Save up for a home
7. Buy a home
8. Save up for in-vitro (thank goodness it is cheaper in Canada)
9. Have a child
10. Live happily ever after! :)

You seem to be pretty level-headed :D. I wish you all the best in all you do. You are still really young so youn have the whole world ahead of you!. You also sound like someone i would normally be friends with :D..
DO you mind me asking what your husband is suffering from?. Healthcare in Canada is def the way to go. I wsh i coud do healthcare but im waaayyyyyy too sensitive for that hahahahaha..

Asta said:
Love Young, thats a sweet plan :) wish all the best health for ur husband.
Paramedic is a great profession, well any profession where taking care of people is great. my hubby is personal support worker at Red Cross. i couldnt work in such field, cause dont like doctors since my childhood lol ahh seeing needle makes me dizzy :-X
so firstly im planning to get a job, most likely any job to get some savings. school would be nice later, right now i want to help hubby with our income. we too need to get our own place to live, staying with inlaws right now. great that u made savings, not like us :-X but at least im helping my hubby with paying of small debts like visa etc, since hes not very into finances :D
i actually have university bachelor diploma but i doubt employers would except it here. since im from small country in East Europe, they might not acknowledge it. so i might feel like with no higher education.
im gonna apply for OWP when/if i get AIP. i didnt know back then that i can send OWP request with application together from the start..
well good luck to everybody! :-*
The only way we are able to be comfortable now is because we KNEW for twio years that we would move to canada. I read and re-read and studied the entire process. I researched and did research about how long it would take for me to be jobless. i left a VERY good job back home a 10.00 to 5.00 job that paid me extremely well . i lived on a beautiful island with gorgoues weather . So i had to make sure i am making the right decision. It took me a years savings. I cancelled all my bills for a year. lived like a poor person. made no trips for me to save enough . It was HARD!. But i decided INLAND was my best option regardless of all. I cant stand separation. we did teh long distance thing and OMG it was heart wrenching to be apart!..

Sux that many places in canada dont recognise the european education!. All the best to you too.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Teriskier said:
Hi fellow Inlanders...I just sent my application for Inland two days ago....I know the processing time has been slow, so i am hoping to watch your timelines in hopes it will give me an idea just how long it will take. Hopefully now that students are back in school things will speed up! Best of Luck!

Quick story about me...my common law partner sponsored me...we have been together living in Montreal for 14 months and travelled prior to that for one year. Our application documented all of our great adventures and included joint lease, bank accounts, and a bunch of letters from family and friends!

It is nice to have the application off my table and in someone else's hands, but scary since it is not longer in my control. I'd love to hear other stories
Welcome teriskier!. and GL on your process..... you said you are in the process of getting you MBA??. are u here on a study permit??

On a different note...

OMG!!> I LOVE TIM HORTONS STEEP TEA!.. hahahahah. I think am officially addicted!. hahahah. been drinking it for months now!!!.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Teriskier said:

Btw there is an INLANDERS thread aside from this one incase you wanna peruse through it. You may find useful information there in regards to timelines..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inlanders-t27681.0.html

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I am here on a Study Permit. I moved to Quebec a little more than a year ago, initially did a French immersion program (which was coupled with a work placement which was nice). But decided it I really wanted to jump start my career as a PR of Canada getting an education at a Canadian University would be beneficial. Sadly I am paying international student fees...but if my PR comes through before the end of the year I can be reimbursed those fees.

I love it here so much (and obviously love my partner a ton too). We met while working in the Caribbean and had to make sure our relationship wasn't working because of the beautiful surroundings...but I have been in Montreal permanently since August 30th 2009 and wea re still going strong...it will be fantastic to not have to live under temporary status anymore and benefit from everything this country has to offer!

Best of luck to everyone out there! Keep me updated with your timelines! How many days did it take before Vegreville acknowledged the receipt of your applications.

One last question...I know the topic has been discussed previously, I am planning on traveling to the US (where I am from) during the month of November, what are the chanced of me having trouble at the border?

Thanks for the advice.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Black-Berry said:
Btw there is an INLANDERS thread aside from this one incase you wanna peruse through it. You may find useful information there in regards to timelines..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inlanders-t27681.0.html
Thanks Black-Berry will do

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Teriskier said:
One last question...I know the topic has been discussed previously, I am planning on traveling to the US (where I am from) during the month of November, what are the chanced of me having trouble at the border?

Thanks for the advice.
i say chances are 50/50. depends what person u will get to at the boarder.
im afraid to risk, so i missed my brother's wedding this year, also my first niece is coming to this world in a month +, and im missing that too.

@Black-Berry, me and hubby had 4 years long distance relationship so i know how hard it is :-X

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
MexicaTica said:
Thanks Love_Young and Asta for taking the time to do this. I promise to keep you guys posted on any progress.

December 20th...yay, getting so close!
Woohoo! Dec 20th..getting closer almost everyday. Glad there are so many of us on here to support eachother and share thier news.
Gives us all hope! MexicaTica i think you are next :D

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janadian said:
Woohoo! Dec 20th..getting closer almost everyday. Glad there are so many of us on here to support eachother and share thier news.
Gives us all hope! MexicaTica i think you are next :D
Janadian, here's to you being right. ;)

As soon as I hear anything I will let my husband know then I quickly log on and let you guys know.