Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janadian said:
A little frustrated now..yesterday was one of thse hair pulling days for us. :(
spoke to cic call center, the agent told us that no decision has been made on our case..in fact it doesnt look like its being looked at.:-\

The reason for this is because in the begining of our case..CIC had a mix up with my husband s client ID and another persons ID...they had to sort it out nd then in August they told us it was all sorted and we were placed back in Que with everyone else. We were concerned there would be a delay in our case due to the problem but they assured us we were not going to be affected anymore.

Now...they have sent a email "red flagging" our application to be looked at because they "have sent out decisions for applications submitted past Jan 18 now" and our has not been dcided upon. They tell us this could delay us by another 4-6 weeks! :'(

So good news is...those of you who are before us.. your decision should be in the mail already..
Bad news...we don't know where we stand right now ???

Im running out of ways to re assure my husband and tell him it will be okay..that he will be able to hold his son again soon...that he will be able to stop feeling useless not getting a job....that he can have some security in his life..that he doesnt have to worry about losing me because we are permitted to stay together..

Sorry if I bummed anyone out..this is a place i can talk to friends about a bad day..so i can show my hubby only positive vibes ..and give him the support he needs. I guess I gotta remember..not all days are bad ones!This too shall pass ::)
I am truly sorry to hear that Janadian. Seriously what annoys me the most is the fact that they(CPC folks) make the mistake and we are the ones who "pay" for it. As if 9 months wasn't long enough they add 4-6 weeks on your wait, that's ridiculous .. Best of luck to your Janadian and I am hoping it will be over in less than 6 weeks! :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Janadian sorry to hear that. Do you know when did they sent decisions?

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Hi,
I am sponsoring my husband through Vegreiville Office, I just received the CPC letter to continue my process with the Province of Quebec. Is there anyone who lives in Quebec and know the timeline from Quebec? I read in their website say 1 month but is there anyone who has done recently the process?
I receive the CPC letter and now I need to finish the process with Quebec in order to get the OWP from Canada, does anyone know how long after Quebec approval does Canada takes to issue the OWP?
Also if the first stage is approved, do you know how long it takes the second stage with Canada? They always say it depend on your case, but appproximetely how long is taking a very simple case of sponsorship one person in the scond stage? someone who has finish their case recently?
::)

Thanks,

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Boasorte- You sure nailed it. Thank you for your well wishes.

adzees- they said that they sent them out already for anything up to Jan 18th, but he didnt specify when. sorry.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about the delay Janadian. I wish there was something more we could do than tell you we feel for you.

Hugs

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Janadian said:
Boasorte- You sure nailed it. Thank you for your well wishes.

adzees- they said that they sent them out already for anything up to Jan 18th, but he didnt specify when. sorry.
Okay because i haven't received any thing, and no e-cas update either. So not sure.. i will try to call them

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
MexicaTica said:
Sorry to hear about the delay Janadian. I wish there was something more we could do than tell you we feel for you.

Hugs
Thank you.. your thoughfulness is more than enough. Hugs to you too! :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Janadian said:
Thank you.. your thoughfulness is more than enough. Hugs to you too! :)
What is the wait time to get a hold of agent

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
adzees said:
What is the wait time to get a hold of agent
It varies..when we called we waited approx 10 minutes

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Janadian said:
It varies..when we called we waited approx 10 minutes
Thanks Janadian. I will see when can i get a chance to call them. I work Monday to friday 8-4:30 .. and the call center timings are 8-4 . I guess i have to find out the time.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
ok.. so someone on the Inlanders thread whose application was received on January 29 has a decision made update on their file... I am hopeful... :)..

ETA.. Now my heart has shrunk!!. My status message just changed to..

We received your application for permanent residence on January 25, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 31, 2010.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on October 20, 2010. The local CIC office may contact you.

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Helo BB,

I sent my application as you did and was received by them on January 27th, and open the file on April 1st, and I just received the letter to continue the process with Quebec, which means Quebec should be issuing o my husband the CSQ in a month and after I do not know how long it takes the second stage?
But it suposse they should be sending the OWP soon after they received the CSQ from Quebec.
Sorry I dont have more info about trenafering the file, but I read in the guide for sponsors that they may transfer the file to your local office and it may delay a few weeks the process. I hope is not really the case.
Hope this help!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Venemex said:
Helo BB,

I sent my application as you did and was received by them on January 27th, and open the file on April 1st, and I just received the letter to continue the process with Quebec, which means Quebec should be issuing o my husband the CSQ in a month and after I do not know how long it takes the second stage?
But it suposse they should be sending the OWP soon after they received the CSQ from Quebec.
Sorry I dont have more info about trenafering the file, but I read in the guide for sponsors that they may transfer the file to your local office and it may delay a few weeks the process. I hope is not really the case.
Hope this help!
Thank you Venemex. is the Quebec process different from anywhere else inland?

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Black-Berry said:
ok.. so someone on the Inlanders thread whose application was received on January 29 has a decision made update on their file... I am hopeful... :)..

ETA.. Now my heart has shrunk!!. My status message just changed to..

We received your application for permanent residence on January 25, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 31, 2010.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on October 20, 2010. The local CIC office may contact you.

I know its not ideal Blackberry. ::) But try your best not to worry. The interview is not as scary as ppl make it out to be. Bring your supporting documents..any photo albums you have..you know each other well...it shouldn't be a problem..be sure that when you are asked questions like "what side of the bed your husband sleeps on...you answer using the same perspective. "My husband sleeps on the left, closest to the window". Its very common for 2 ppl to answer that question correctly but in two different ways..If you are standing in the doorway looking into your room..he would be on the left...but if you were lying in bed with him...he would be on the right. "closest to the window." makes both answers correct. Prepare yourselves to be asked what your plans are for the future, why you want to stay in Canada. You should have a decision almost right after the interview if not in the upcoming weeks.

Best of luck :)..keep us posted...hugs!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Thanks janadian. Hubby and I finish each others sentences I know what he thinks. I am also assuming that the reason they have transferred my file is due to my relationship.
Which brings me to the question. How do you prove to a total stranger that you are a genuine couple after being together almost ten years. After being married 8 years
How do you prove to a stranger through pictures? To me anyone can take pictures together it is not that hard to do that.
My hubby loves me so much! He is a hopeless romantic. Can a stranger truly see love when they look at 2 people? I know I will ace the interview in that case. We know each other inside out. He will tell u what I am thinking even if we aren't in the same room! He will tell u what I will wear tomorrow without his speaking to me.
Him and I were just laughing about it last night on how similar we are. We r soul mates sans age difference. Sans culture diversity and race diversity.
Their reaction is typical and natural for couples like us. Unfortunately couples like us have to go the extra mile. Have to undergo the extra precaution. And the extra scrutiny. I am tired of being judged because my soulmate is from a different race. I'm tired of being judged because my soulmate is older than me can I not love someone who is different than me? I am sure the reason is because of my skin colour and age difference. Not because our proof wasn't strong enough. Because we have years of savings together our kids are a product of our love.
I am ready for this. I am also glad I am in the next stage