Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
chandu007 said:
I had a talk to an agent after April 1st when the agent clearly mentioned that they mailed only one letter. I didn't ask about AIP letter though.
Seems fairly odd though. Did you only speak with one agent? I would try talking to few others as well.
You really should have gotten letters telling you: 1) Sponsor was approved 2) Applicant meant eligibility for PR and 3) That your application has been completed.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, one agent. I will talk them again on Monday to find out more. Shall keep you updated.

Love_Young said:
Seems fairly odd though. Did you only speak with one agent? I would try talking to few others as well.
You really should have gotten letters telling you: 1) Sponsor was approved 2) Applicant meant eligibility for PR and 3) That your application has been completed.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Wishing you lots of luck! Thank you chandu007, I will be looking forward to the news you bring.
Be sure to celebrate this good news though. :)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi suenim -

Q: Did you get any letter/document other than the letter saying the interview date and time from CIC, Scarborough office?

Thanks.

suenim said:
That sounds like good news. Mine said the same thing and I got 1st and 2nd stage approval at the same time. I am landing next Wednesday! What is your local office?

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Hi chandu007. Yes. We got the letter saying I met the requirements and that my sponsor was eligible to sponsor. Then about 2 weeks later I got the landing appointment letter from Scarborough CIC. Another person who applied inland also got only one letter saying the application is complete and they should wait for landing appointment. They could be changing a bit so that if one gets 1st and 2nd stage at the same time, they just send the "application is complete letter" so applicants can hold off on applying for OWP if they haven't already. It looks like the appts are coming quickly too. Good luck. Did you get the date for the landing appointment yet?

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks suenim.

Yes, the letter mentions the interview date, May 5th. But the language of the letter is different - "I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application of permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:"

It does not mention anything about landing interview. Also, this is the first and only letter that I received since I submitted the application. Like you, I did not receive any letter saying "OWP" or "I met the requirements and that my sponsor was eligible to sponsor" or "application is complete letter", which is very strange to me.

I also wonder what happened to my OWP application?

suenim said:
Hi chandu007. Yes. We got the letter saying I met the requirements and that my sponsor was eligible to sponsor. Then about 2 weeks later I got the landing appointment letter from Scarborough CIC. Another person who applied inland also got only one letter saying the application is complete and they should wait for landing appointment. They could be changing a bit so that if one gets 1st and 2nd stage at the same time, they just send the "application is complete letter" so applicants can hold off on applying for OWP if they haven't already. It looks like the appts are coming quickly too. Good luck. Did you get the date for the landing appointment yet?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Now I am wondering if you weren't transferred but then that would be a really quick scheduling for an interview.
What does your e-Cas say? That would help out some. Also, on Monday when you call I would ask if you were given AIP and PR approval.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
The 1st letter is the one that said "we are pleased to advise you that the application is complete..." The letter that came about 2 weeks after came from Scarborough CIC which says "application will be finalized..." at the appointment. From what I've seen from other applicants, this is the "landing" formality appointment. I never applied for an OWP. If you did, inquire about it and also about a refund if it has not been processed. It is kinda strange that the "landing" appointment letter is the only one you got. In any case, your case seems to be finalized very quickly so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
L_Y, from reading his earlier post about bringing 2 photos, the sponsor etc, it sounds like the landing appt. That's the last letter I got from the too. Maybe they're moving so fast they're skipping steps lol.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the e-cas info as of now:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 1, 2010.
We started processing your application on August 12, 2010.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We sent you a letter on April 1, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Love_Young said:
Now I am wondering if you weren't transferred but then that would be a really quick scheduling for an interview.
What does your e-Cas say? That would help out some. Also, on Monday when you call I would ask if you were given AIP and PR approval.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Sorry I'm using my phone and can't quote. But yeah chandu... that's how my e-cas reads too. Once the link says "decision made" and the page says "medicals received" then that means you're all but done and the landing is next. Congrats again.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There can be a scenario that the letter from CIC, Vegreville that was mailed on April 1st (as per e-cas) is still on the way to me. May be the letter from Scarborough office came first !!!

suenim said:
The 1st letter is the one that said "we are pleased to advise you that the application is complete..." The letter that came about 2 weeks after came from Scarborough CIC which says "application will be finalized..." at the appointment. From what I've seen from other applicants, this is the "landing" formality appointment. I never applied for an OWP. If you did, inquire about it and also about a refund if it has not been processed. It is kinda strange that the "landing" appointment letter is the only one you got. In any case, your case seems to be finalized very quickly so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wonderful and thanks again.

I will call CIC on monday to make sure.

suenim said:
Sorry I'm using my phone and can't quote. But yeah chandu... that's how my e-cas reads too. Once the link says "decision made" and the page says "medicals received" then that means you're all but done and the landing is next. Congrats again.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Yeah suenim it may be possible that they are skipping that but I do believe chandu007 is right that maybe the letter from Scarborough came first especially since it would be closer. And generally letters from Vegreville (or from my experience) take 7-10 days to arrive and since it was the weekend then it may be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday now.

But that is definitely approval for both AIP and PR. CONGRATS!!! ;D