+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

Material

Feb 16, 2011
komar said:
Material, you definitely need to start asking questions about this stupid time line. Call CIC helpline, write them a letter, contact your MP. You have AIP and that takes longer and is harder to get but after that, they should have a solid excuse to delay landing any further than say 3-4 months. Find out what their excuse it.
Thats what I thought I was hoping that the larg portion of waiting is over and that only months are left :( :( .Im just scared that they come up with some stupid excuse . will try and call the help line to see if they tell me something.

Thanks komar

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I know Material has waited a while but I really think you are overreacting.
The standard wait time (even though we might not like it) is stated at 9 months as the overal average time to get PR after AIP.
If you haven't waiting longer than that time then they won't help you. Plus Material, didn't your wife get AIP not long ago? I would stop stressing and live life to the fullest. Any day could be your last and you are lucky enough to get to start truly building your lives together, you really don't want to waste that valuable time worrying about CIC now do you. You did that enough since 2009. You deserve this break. Plus it is the time you don't let it occupy your mind that you will be surprised to get the letter. You will get that letter soon. Until then, enjoy this time on Earth together. It is very precious. :D

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Love_Young said:
I know Material has waited a while but I really think you are overreacting.
The standard wait time (even though we might not like it) is stated at 9 months as the overal average time to get PR after AIP.
If you haven't waiting longer than that time then they won't help you. Plus Material, didn't your wife get AIP not long ago? I would stop stressing and live life to the fullest. Any day could be your last and you are lucky enough to get to start truly building your lives together, you really don't want to waste that valuable time worrying about CIC now do you. You did that enough since 2009. You deserve this break. Plus it is the time you don't let it occupy your mind that you will be surprised to get the letter. You will get that letter soon. Until then, enjoy this time on Earth together. It is very precious. :D
Hey LY

9 months can be delt with but 2 years !! WOW anyways will try not to think too much about this and yeah Im so happy that we got AIP and it was a big relief that we were waiting for Patiently but that portion of the letter keeps haunting me.

will try and stay positive

Thanks love for the support

PS. sorry Im posting too much questions in the 2010 thread I hope it doesnt coz confusion to anyone.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
Thats what I thought I was hoping that the larg portion of waiting is over and that only months are left :( :( .Im just scared that they come up with some stupid excuse . will try and call the help line to see if they tell me something.

Thanks komar
Material, dont be scared. Its better to face reality and do something about it to make it better then to stay in the dark.

Love_Young, I dont think Material is over reacting. As you said the standard wait time on their website is 9 months. His AIP letter says 12-24 months. There should be a reason behind longer timeline for him. He has already waited 2 years for AIP when it should have taken 5-6 months (as per the timeline in 2009) because he trusted that CIC knows what they are doing. He got the interview letter only when he started asking questions. I dont see any harm in being pro-active

Material

Feb 16, 2011
komar said:
He got the interview letter only when he started asking questions.
This is true I only heard about the interview after asking questions and taking things into my own hands before I was lost and I trusted my lawyer to take care of the situation.

anyways will try and stay positive and also make sure that I keep track of things

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I was just trying to keep him positive. That is a very standard letter. It is very black and white. Doesn't mean it will absolutely, no end in sight, guarantee it will take 12-24 months. I mean even the CIC site isn't right most of the time, what makes you think the letter will be. The site says 9 months and most people are getting it in 3-5 months if not shorter. I think that he should still be pro-active but also not worry himself about it either. That's all. ;)

P.S. Like my hubby always says, "No need to worry about something unless you are given something to worry about."

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
komar said:
Material, dont be scared. Its better to face reality and do something about it to make it better then to stay in the dark.

Love_Young, I dont think Material is over reacting. As you said the standard wait time on their website is 9 months. His AIP letter says 12-24 months. There should be a reason behind longer timeline for him. He has already waited 2 years for AIP when it should have taken 5-6 months (as per the timeline in 2009) because he trusted that CIC knows what they are doing. He got the interview letter only when he started asking questions. I dont see any harm in being pro-active
Also, it didn't take 2 years because they trusted in CIC. They trusted in a lawyer and the lawyer messed things up. This was not at CIC's fault. CIC is doing their standard job. And there are also, many people whom have waited a year or more for an interview and still waiting another 2 years after AIP to get their PR. It is an understanding to be impatient (we ALL are) but you have to be reasonable too.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
You both have good points there

1.Its always good to be pro-active
2.Stay positive

I didnt read a case where a person waited 2 years for AIP and another 2 for for PR :eek: :eek: lets hope I wont be the first :) :)

anyways the weather is really nice 2day how was the chinease?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Yeah that is right Material.
Everyone needs to be both pro-active AND stay positive! That should be the motto.
And unfortunately for some have waited 5 years in all from applying to landing but this is VERY rare.

Always keep check of the process periodically but don't obsess. If it takes longer than 9 months (hopefully it won't) then get in touch with the MP and get them buckling on the hatch. For now enjoy your AIP. I bet in the next 1-2 months you land for PR.

Ah...glad the weather is nice out your way too. Chinese was delicious but glad I didn't have as much as hubby. He had like 5 plates full. Lol.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Material said:
My case is complicated I sent it in August 2009 (2009) it was transfered to the local office in March 2010 (stupid lawyer) had to wait for an interview uptill March 2011 thats when we got AIP ......

Thats what I know and heard 2-5 months I know that there are some cases that are rare like eyeoftheocean she is still waiting for backround and security checks after two years but again this is a rare case.

I hope we dont have to wait 2 years :eek:
So you had to wait 12 months from your local office to send you an interview for AIP?, My local office took 7 months to send me an interview for AIP then a further 9 months to have a security interview and now 1 year in May still no word of Security/bakground decision, it will be 3 years in November since I applied for PR :mad:

I am so god damn angry , but where will that get me lol , all I can say is, stay strong .

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
eyeoftheocean said:
So you had to wait 12 months from your local office to send you an interview for AIP?, My local office took 7 months to send me an interview for AIP then a further 9 months to have a security interview and now 1 year in May still no word of Security/bakground decision, it will be 3 years in November since I applied for PR :mad:

I am s god damn angry , but where will that get me lol , all I can say is, stay strong .
Sorry eyeoftheocean, must be so very tough.
But you have good advice, "where will getting angry get me?" and the answer is no where.
All anyone can do here is think positive and keep strong. Never give up. ;)

Material

Feb 16, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:

I am so god damn angry , but where will that get me lol , all I can say is, stay strong .
Yeah I know thats why I mentioned your name , got a hand it to ya you are really strong sure hope that u stay this way and also I wish you hear something soon its ridiculous that your still waiting.

Will try and hang in there thanks

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Love_Young said:
Yeah that is right Material.
Everyone needs to be both pro-active AND stay positive! That should be the motto.
And unfortunately for some have waited 5 years in all from applying to landing but this is VERY rare.

Always keep check of the process periodically but don't obsess. If it takes longer than 9 months (hopefully it won't) then get in touch with the MP and get them buckling on the hatch. For now enjoy your AIP. I bet in the next 1-2 months you land for PR.

Ah...glad the weather is nice out your way too. Chinese was delicious but glad I didn't have as much as hubby. He had like 5 plates full. Lol.
No offence to anyone but I never came to like asian food I tried a couple of times but it didnt work out for me , sounds like your hubby is not having dinner tonight :) :) glad u had fun 2day

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
If it wernt for you guys support and my hubby especially and my family in England I would have cracked by now , Im sure CIC are giving me a hard time so I will just leave !

Chicken wings for tea , my fave so wont think about bad news anymore today LOL.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Material: Some foods just aren't for everyone. And no hubby needs to eat that much because of his disease so he will have supper still. Lol. And thank you that means a lot. Hopefully you have a good day too.

eyeoftheocean: Aww I feel the same way too. I pray that this gets solved soon for you though. Try to keep your head up, okay?
We are all here for you. :-*