App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I have e-cas too!!:) What a happy day! Only problem now I have to keep myself away from checking it every minute...it is not going to change for a while. Anyway, great to have the option not to call them, I'm a bit tired of the call centre agents- they were mostly helpful and nice to me though.
I have about 2 weeks until my work permit extension decision and about 3-4 till the AIP- I can't wait...I am dreaming about an OWP lol...
Happy Birthday Teresa_Lynn! Wish you to hear some news very soon! Have a great week everyone!

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Every one -

My sincere congratulations for the ones who received their approvals so far. I do have a question though; when I first sent in my inland application, I have not included an application for OWP, can I do this now? My application was received on Aug 17, 2010 and they started processing my application on October 14, 2010.

Thanks

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, guess what,

today I received the second notice from CIC Montreal that I need to make the PR payment and confirm the details - which I did more than 2 weeks ago in an envelope they provided. I wonder where it got lost :-\. So I sent email with proof and more waiting ensue I guess.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SssS said:
Well, guess what,

today I received the second notice from CIC Montreal that I need to make the PR payment and confirm the details - which I did more than 2 weeks ago in an envelope they provided. I wonder where it got lost :-\. So I sent email with proof and more waiting ensue I guess.

I'm so happy i paid all the fees in advance

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inlandappl said:
I'm so happy i paid all the fees in advance
Sorry to squash your enthusiasm but apparently CIC Montreal will send you a letter requesting confirmation of details, even though you have already paid the PR fee. This is what happened to Venemex if I understand correctly. I hope they will change this, because it pointlessly extends the waiting frustration.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SssS said:
Sorry to squash your enthusiasm but apparently CIC Montreal will send you a letter requesting confirmation of details, even though you have already paid the PR fee. This is what happened to Venemex if I understand correctly. I hope they will change this, because it pointlessly extends the waiting frustration.
Well what can we do? Thanks for this info

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Congrats Asta! So very happy your hubby got into college! I am hoping to get back to uni when I get PR.....

Kayeen-congrats on the PR!! Great news!

Yay for everyone (too many to name which is great!) who are able to log onto ecas! Wow not sure what happened but glad it did and yes lol just wait and see how many times you log on to see if anything has changed. You have now moved onto the next phase lol ;D ;)

Welcome to the newbies as well and I hope you feel welcome and feel free to ask any questions we may not be professionals but we have experience which is better!

Anyone else received their foss notes yet??

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Aww what you said is very thoughtful kiwikris.
I have been good so far I have only signed in twice for my e-Cas. :D

And no, I haven't received mine yet but it is too early for mine yet.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
As the months go by I'm sure you will become an ECAS adict like many of us LOL ! I swear Im not looking now until August, thats when my next BFD is :(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Nah, I think if I had been able to sooner then I would have been an addict but I have gone this long without it, I don't know any different.
I mean it isn't going to say anything for at least another month and a half anyway, so why bother looking. Now once it gets like 2 weeks to when I should be getting an answer I am sure I will keep looking. I am just so afraid of it being transferred. Everyone is so positive we will be approved but I am on pins and needles. Even though I know that we are genuine, the what if's just fill my mind up.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mona_Barca said:
Hello Every one -

My sincere congratulations for the ones who received their approvals so far. I do have a question though; when I first sent in my inland application, I have not included an application for OWP, can I do this now? My application was received on Aug 17, 2010 and they started processing my application on October 14, 2010.

Thanks
Love_Young

Can you answer my question above about sending my OWP application after the fact.

Thanks

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Mona_Barca said:
Love_Young
Can you answer my question above about sending my OWP application after the fact.

Thanks
Hi there Mona_Barca!
Well it isn't recommended that you try to send it later as it may not be attached in time. Seeing as it can take over 2-3 months just to attach a document to your file from when it is received it may not even be seen by them in time since technically you would be looking at getting a decision made in 2-3 months. So it would be in your best interest to keep your temporary status valid by still extending your stay before it expires until you get AIP then when you get AIP they will send a letter telling you that you can now apply for a work permit. When you receive that letter you can then apply for the OWP. That will then be your new status document until PR status. I hope this helps you and I wish you plenty of good luck.

raj100

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Hi abc3896, no it will not say "medical received" until they have made a decision on AIP which is 9-10 months after they received your application at Vegreville. You can rest assured that they do have the medical but they don't announce that they received it usually until they either make a decision on AIP or when they have made the decision for PR (the second portion).

P.S. To other members who don't know. They did open all of your applications before yesterday and they do work on them before the 9-10 month mark. The day it says they started processing your application is when they opened them up to check them then they put them back into file. Then around the 7-8 month mark they really begin to assess them or from what we have noticed here. Hope this helps.
I don't understand. My e-cas were apdate yesterday and two lines were added :

"Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted"

On top of the page still says "In Process"

Is this an AIP or a PR?

When the IO told us we were granted AIP he also told us that the process will take another 6 months (more or less), to check police clearance, passport and medicals. I submit the police clearance at the beginning and i got a valid passport recently with the update and i sent them a copy of it. I also did my medicals on december and they just received.

Is possible to get AIP and PR at the same time? We still waiting for the letter on the mail.

Any comments...

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
kiwikris said:
Congrats Asta! So very happy your hubby got into college! I am hoping to get back to uni when I get PR.....
thank u very much, Kiwikris ;)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
raj100 said:
I don't understand. My e-cas were apdate yesterday and two lines were added :

"Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted"

On top of the page still says "In Process"

Is this an AIP or a PR?

When the IO told us we were granted AIP he also told us that the process will take another 6 months (more or less), to check police clearance, passport and medicals. I submit the police clearance at the beginning and i got a valid passport recently with the update and i sent them a copy of it. I also did my medicals on december and they just received.

Is possible to get AIP and PR at the same time? We still waiting for the letter on the mail.

Any comments...
Its AIP. if it was PR, it wouldnt say "In Process" anymore.

And yes, it is possible to get AIP and PR at the same time.