+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

eddie11

Oct 18, 2011
canadiancitizen said:
Walter Im copying you what we sent, Im copying you our letter, I dont have much time now but you need to send your OWP application so you can request Imply Status... I cannot explain right now but this is what you need to send... and the first thing is the cover letter... ok... this is based on the old forms, I think in July they changed them... look for Jurgen he posted some good tips in INLAND 2010

Sponsor Forms for Name
Application to Sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A)
Relationship proof documentation and originals
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxxxx – Sponsor/Applicant fees for $550 which also includes:
- $475 for the principal applicant
- $75 for the sponsor
Applicant Forms for Name
Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay or Remain in Canada (IMM 1249E)
Document Checklist (IMM 5556E)
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxx –Work permit
- $150 principal applicant
In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status (IMM 5002)
Applicant's Photos
Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5285)
Document Checklist (IMM 5443)
Medical Examination Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate – original
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxx6 – Sponsor/Applicant fees for $550 which includes:
- $475 for the principal applicant
- $75 for the sponsor
Receipt (IMM 5401) No. Rxxxxxxxx – Permanent Residence fees
- 490 for the principal applicant
Canadiancitizen, i've never heard of the IMM5002 before your post. Its not included on the list of required forms for inland applications on the cic website. Do i have to submit that?

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
eddie11 said:
Canadiancitizen, i've never heard of the IMM5002 before your post. Its not included on the list of required forms for inland applications on the cic website. Do i have to submit that?
They changed the form since July 2011 as per the CIC site. So we are required to use the IMM 0008 instead of IMM 5002. That's my interpretation.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
missha said:
They don't need your police certificate as a sponsor.

Question 18: Pregnant
If a female applicant is pregnant, record the date of the last menstrual period as well as the expected date of delivery.

check this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp

I suggest Call the designate doctor and ask for appointment as Immigration would need ure wife proof of pregnancy as well.
Hey Missha, thanks for the information. Since my wife is already seeing a gynecologist, I will get the doctor to write a proof indicating my wife's pregnancy and the expected date of delivery.

***I just read over the instruction guide and it says when the medical certificate is required, they will mail me the forms and goto the designated practitioner to do the examination.

I was advised to do the medical examination in advance and submit together with my application to avoid delays when they are pending the medical examination. However, I cannot seem to find the forms that I need to bring to the practitioner. Those that got the medical examination done in advance, where did you find the forms to be completed by the practitioner?

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
nazam80 said:
Hi greghost

How long it took for you to get visitor permit and for how long u requested for in ur application.

Naz
Hey Naz,

I think at the time it took about a month and a half to get the visa. I asked for a year (2012) and the visa came back with 2013 on it. SO they gave me a two year visa. Hope thats not a sign of how long they think it will take. ;D

eddie11

Oct 18, 2011
valid interpretation, walter, thanks...i did some digging around on the web and found that to be true.

"The in-Canada application forms for permanent residence (IMM5202, IMM5001 and IMM5002) will be replaced with the new IMM0008. One form will collect all the relevant information for processing applications for permanent residence. "

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am_lina11 said:
Dear All,
Today is Friday, a day when almost all employed people are happy and excited. Today is a day I helped my husband at work and felt happy and excited... not because tomorrow is a day off, but because I was actually involved into action.

I hope people who are on the same boat as I am, a boat called " In process" , will understand me. I assume I hit the first trimester of "waiting pregnancy". The seed is somewhere there, but can you really see it?!?!

So I couldn't help but wonder,what is the best way to wait? ::)

Hi there,

Waiting, they way I see it, can be either a torment or a great opportunity. While it is CIC's fault to take longer, and longer to process our inland cases, it is still our responsibility to do something productive with that time. 11 months can be a precious amount of time for a newcomer to, for instance, brush up on his/her English/French skills. You may want to go to your local school board and ask where you can take FREE classes on the language of your preference, if this is of your interest.

Also, you may want to join one of the many organizations that provide FREE and well guided assistance to newcomers in a number of subjects including job hunting, which most sponsored partners will be doing as soon as they receive their OWP. (About this, when I first arrive in Toronto I went to the YMCA Immigrant Settlement Services Center, which proved to be invaluable for me to be able to understand the Canadian job market and how it works.)

Finally, I strongly recommend you to consider volunteer opportunities. Explore it proactively!! Not only this particular activity will lead you to enlarge your social and professional networks, but will also give you some much needed Canadian work experience, which will tremendously enhance your chances to eventually obtain a job in your area of expertise. (It is perfectly legal as it is not a paid activity.) You can start by going to volunteer.ca.

My point is simple: get busy!! "It is what it is, but it will become what you make of it" :)

S

geran321414

Oct 7, 2011
Hi angtao,

How do I do that? The e-cas? ;)

angtao said:
geran, have you checked e-cas to see when your file went in process?

canadagirl, I got in ok.

naz, you can find out how long it takes on the cic website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Did you send it online or through the mail? As long as you sent it before your date on your visitor status or before your 6 months are up then you are ok.

Lechin

Oct 19, 2011
Hi there,

I've found a lot of useful information from your discussions.THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I would appreciate your advice on my case too.

I am currently using post graduate work permit, which will expire in early Dec 2011. My spouse is a Canadian citizen and we are going to submit our sponsorship application by the end of Nov. I will also submit the application to extend my work permit (actually i am not sure whether it means I am applying for the Open Work Permit)

I think I will get the "implied status" once I submit my application. But then come my questions:

I live in Ontario. Both my Ontario Health Insurance and Social Insurance card will be expired in Dec. 2011. Can I renew them before I get the Approal in Principle and Open Work Permit in 11 months?

What should I do if my employer ask me about my expired social insurance card? Can I still get paid?

Post Graduate Work Permit is also an open work permit. So I never deal with LMO, ect and have been doing part time work and having more than one employer. With my "implied status", does it mean that I still have my open work permit and can easily change my job or work for more than one employer?

I thank all of you for your insightful comments in advance.

Lechin

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
greyghost said:
Hey Naz,

I think at the time it took about a month and a half to get the visa. I asked for a year (2012) and the visa came back with 2013 on it. SO they gave me a two year visa. Hope thats not a sign of how long they think it will take. ;D
Hey greghost

Congrats n thanks for replying. Can someone plZ reply for my last message? I will appreciate.

Regards

Naz

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Am_lina11 said:
Dear All,
Today is Friday, a day when almost all employed people are happy and excited. Today is a day I helped my husband at work and felt happy and excited... not because tomorrow is a day off, but because I was actually involved into action.

I hope people who are on the same boat as I am, a boat called " In process" , will understand me. I assume I hit the first trimester of "waiting pregnancy". The seed is somewhere there, but can you really see it?!?!

So I couldn't help but wonder,what is the best way to wait? ::)
I loved your analogy .. and yes the best way to wait is getting involved. :) Im trying French Classes, cooking and gym(yoga is the key :D). Im also reading alot and finding out alot about myself. Lets be positive and enjoy this waiting/free time. Patience is a virtue.

geran321414

Oct 7, 2011
Hi Lechin,

I have a very similar case. As far as I understand, we can't renew our SIN or Health Card, but we can continue working at the same company (as long as your HR are not ***). I almost got fired, since I work in a bank and big company is really afraid of any potential issues.

Worst case, you can hire company lawyer to approve that you are legal to work under implied status which will cost you some money, but better than without job for a year. Best of luck.

Ran

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
geran321414 said:
Hi Lechin,

I have a very similar case. As far as I understand, we can't renew our SIN or Health Card, but we can continue working at the same company (as long as your HR are not ***). I almost got fired, since I work in a bank and big company is really afraid of any potential issues.

Worst case, you can hire company lawyer to approve that you are legal to work under implied status which will cost you some money, but better than without job for a year. Best of luck.

Ran
mmm. im not so sure of this, by law you are not allow to work whem in implies status... be careful...

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
geran, got this link and fill in your details.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

nazam, you can go to this page to see how long it takes to get the visitor status

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Has anyone's file go to in process yet? People from the end of July and after. Any news from you guys? You can check by going to this link.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
***I just read over the instruction guide and it says when the medical certificate is required, they will mail me the forms and goto the designated practitioner to do the examination.

I was advised to do the medical examination in advance and submit together with my application to avoid delays when they are pending the medical examination. However, I cannot seem to find the forms that I need to bring to the practitioner. Those that got the medical examination done in advance, where did you find the forms to be completed by the practitioner?

geran321414

Oct 7, 2011
I actually talked with my company lawyer and she told me that I can continue work because implied status = "we are sorry, because we are slow, so you can continue what you are doing until we get back to you". But I can't change job or anything like that. :(

canadiancitizen said:
mmm. im not so sure of this, by law you are not allow to work whem in implies status... be careful...