Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Wow, good to see our thread so active today. I was surprised!

Welcome Angus. Keep us posted as to when your file was received in Vegreville. If I were you I would call the CIC call centre and see if your July app is in process yet. You can also get your client id number from them too.

Let us know.

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tried looking it up with my Receipt number but it just says - We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. :(

So I'm guessing my July application didn't arrive...

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Angus said:
Tried looking it up with my Receipt number but it just says - We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. :(

So I'm guessing my July application didn't arrive...
I have sent by the end of august and it says the same and I could not log in so dnt worry.

Naz

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
angus and nazam, did you ever extend your visitor stay in Canada? Your client id number would be in the top right hand corner if you did. If not, call CIC tomorrow and ask them for your client id number.

chinda

Sep 12, 2011
Ok so no one seems to a answer questions here? Anyways applicants herE who have mailed in ur applications did you mail ur medical report too? Cause i read on the website where u can submit ur application without the medical as cic will ask for it later as thebmedical expires 12 months after. Anybody wise in this department please give m ur adivice as its $165 to do the medical and thats just a waste of time and money to do the medical now when it might expire and have to do over. Your advice will be appreciated thanx

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
chinda said:
Ok so no one seems to a answer questions here? Anyways applicants herE who have mailed in ur applications did you mail ur medical report too? Cause i read on the website where u can submit ur application without the medical as cic will ask for it later as thebmedical expires 12 months after. Anybody wise in this department please give m ur adivice as its $165 to do the medical and thats just a waste of time and money to do the medical now when it might expire and have to do over. Your advice will be appreciated thanx

Hi Chinda, I'll try to answer some of your questions:

Medical- really up to the person. We sent ours with our initial appplication sent August 16, 2010. According to our FOSS notes which I requested sometime in June 2011, it has been received and August 31, 2010 and had a note medical check passed on the same date. CIC says that they don't normally look at the medicals at the first stage but they did with ours. If you have a straight forward case like ours I suggest you submit the medical together with your application and not at a later date. If you have lived in differrent countries before, been involved with police, military or any other security stuff from your home country you can submit it later if you want to as your security checks could take a lot longer.

Police certificates - you should attach the police certificates of ALL the countries you have resided for at least 6 months. What they are discussing about in this forum is the RCMP check. You don't have to attach the Canadian Police Certificate as they will contact RCMP directly. Again, unless your name is a common North American name you should be good. If your name is quite common you might want to request an RCMP check now as they will probably request it later.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
borrowdale said:
hie everyone, i jus a have a question, how long is it currently taking local cic offices to process inland spousal sponsorships transfere to them, especially the calgary local cic office? if an application is transfered to a local office, is it still in first stage processing and if everything checks out good, is the second stage processing start from there too? i heard in some offices, there is such a backlog that it takes them even 32 months before you have an interview. now is this just the first stage processing or inclusive of the second stage as well and an interview would then be called in then if that goes well, you eventually land???

i think we should propose certain ideas and present them to minister jason kenney as to how backlogs at cic offices can be reduced and in general particularly at vegreville too , dont you all think??

If your file has been transferred without frist stage approval you are in for a long wait. As of February 2011 when we inquired at CIC Calgary it takes 18 months to get an interview schedule. You can try calling them and ask what is the wait time now. They call you for an interview if they have questions about the genuineness of your relationship. There was an OP in 2009 that had her file transferred in Vancouver by mistake, the local CIC checked it and corrected the mistake and I think they approved her within weeks. Again, it depends on what they are looking for when they call you for that interview.

chinda

Sep 12, 2011
Thanx so much guys really appreciate the replies thanx so much oh another thing i applied to extend my stay here in august havent heard anything yet what i want to know is when i send my application to get the owp i need to fill that form again rite? But this time tick change condition of my stay?

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
angtao said:
canga, I don't know why it does not work for you. Are you putting in the applicants name?
Hi angtao, finally i could check my app online! I called the call center and the problem was with my name, because its too big and they shortned my family name!! So thanks for your help and your patience! Can you please update the chart? my process started in February 23!!
Thanks ;)

chinda

Sep 12, 2011
chinda said:
Thanx so much guys really appreciate the replies thanx so much oh another thing i applied to extend my stay here in august havent heard anything yet what i want to know is when i send my application to get the owp i need to fill that form again rite? But this time tick change condition of my stay?
sorry i mean this time i should apply for a initial work permit?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Great Canga. I will update the chart.

Chinda, I think it takes about 2-3 months to hear about your extension. All this info can be found on the CIC website. Yes, when you apply for your OWP, you must use that same document that you used to extend your stay.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Now approving apps received on or after Oct.22, 2010 - 4 day jump on Sept.14

Name Application Received In Process Decision Made AIP Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Junglist82 Jan.7 Feb.21

cangaceiro Jan.10 Feb.23

Dominican22 Jan.12 Feb.23

fleo Jan.24

sesamerush Jan.27 Mar.8

newcanuck Jan.31 Mar.9

wery Feb.2 Mar.11

dorina Feb.3 Mar.10

Ottawa_inland Feb.23 Mar.24

Canadagirl85 Mar.14 Apr.8

missha Mar.18 Apr.12

wtd Mar.21 Apr.14

jadarius Mar.22

citlali2010 Mar.28 Apr.19

gemauru Mar.30 Apr.18

angtao Mar.31 Apr.19

lyrical Apr.4 Apr.21

chau01 May 2 May 11

Yumamy May 2 May 11

ryan_stw May 3 May 18

canadiancitizen May 9 May 24

Valhalla May 12 May 26

threa May 12 May 31

Lordsloman May 17

Berber_amazigh May 18 May 30

Nilyam May 24 June 7

Scotish lass June 2 June 13

Heidtincnd June 24 June 29

Weerth July 8 July 22

Sluma July 11 July 22

perk July 15 Aug.4

Xanthe July 18 Aug.4

Abozzy July 20 Aug.12

buima July 20 July 28

ilovecanada4ever July 29

nazam80 Aug.18

schillachi Aug.29

chinda

Sep 12, 2011
angtao said:
Great Canga. I will update the chart.

Chinda, I think it takes about 2-3 months to hear about your extension. All this info can be found on the CIC website. Yes, when you apply for your OWP, you must use that same document that you used to extend your stay.
ok thanx angato

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you 'C.Karazub' for siging for (what I hope to be a duplicate) my application today.

So if the one that was suppose to arrive on July 22, didn't make it - I know for sure that my application was recieved today. My current visa expires end of May 2012, so this would only be a few months on a visitor visa and not being able to work before implied status kicks in.

Been trying for two days to get through to CIC to ask for a Client ID, but they are always too busy. Not too sure if they could help me anyway, when I called last week (before I found this forum) they said they could only search for my application based on the postal tracking number - which of course I didn't have or I wouldn't be in this confused state right now - lol!